• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whys PCP so stigmatized? (even by drug-users!)

La Sombra Negra

Bluelighter
Whats up with the "legend" of PCP? Sure id expect the stigmatic bullshit propaganda from anti-drug groups and such, but its even more stigmatized by drug-users themselves, whats up with THAT??? People will take LSD + XTC + DMT + other shit all at once (something I would never ever do, THATS crazy), but you ask them to try some PCP and theyre like "WHOA NO WAY THAT STUFFS SUICIDE ILL EAT BABIES AND CUT OUT MY EYEBALLS OR SOMETHING!!"

I seriously have to say, of the almost 100 something different drugs ive consumed, PCP is still the single greatest drug ive ever touched. Ketamine does not even come within eyesight of it, ketamine is like the trippy elements of PCP with NONE of the actual ENJOYABLE elements of PCP like the godly egocentricity and invincibility that makes you feel like your a superhero. Ketamine is boring as shit, sorry, but people who say its an improved version of PCP must never have actually done PCP.

Ketamine = yawn.
PCP = Im the motherfuckin gingerbread man!!

PCP is the MOST enjoyable drug ive ever consumed, its given me levels of inner peace and tranquility that nothing has come within 1/100th of giving me. Ive reached such IMMENSE levels of euphoria that my face was locked within a permanent super-smile that I couldnt stop.

Its also seemingly free of all the negative elements of drugs. Never experienced even a split second of "dysphoria" like I do on classic psychdelics. I experience absolutely no hangover from it whatsoever, its the ONLY drug ive ever NOT had some degree of a hangover from, even a single use of opiates leaves me feeling hungover in a way. At one point I smoked PCP allday (from moment I wokeup until moments before bed) everyday for over a month straight and as soon as it was over with, I felt ontop of the world for several weeks afterwards (apparently, its got an anti-hangover effect, instead of feeling shitty afterwards you feel incredibly phenomenal and it lasts for weeks).

Even more awesome is I could smoke it from within 5 minutes of waking up, until just minutes before going to bed, and it would not impact my ability to sleep at all. Second my head hit the pillow it was the next day, didint even have dreams. Talk about insomnia domination.

I never mutilated anyone or walked out in traffic or cut my dick off and ate it or boiled babies in cooking oil or jumped off skyscrapers. Instead I rolled around in the grass in the summer sunshine playing with wild animals and went on hikes through mountains and helped out friends and family and watched movies and ate tons of great food at nice restaurants. That is still one of the best summers of my life.

Whats so incredible about it is that its whatever you want it to be. You can be sitting there totally relaxed sooo tranquil and peaceful and blissed out watching a movie or something on your couch, then you can instantly decide you now want to go pull a car behind you for 100 miles, and you can do it, no problem. You dont have to be stuck in a "downer" state or an "upper" state, you can transition to either state within the blink of an eye.

Such awesome shit, stop stigmatizing it!!! Abandon everything you THINK you know about it, and actually try it. Especially consider mixing it with marijuana, best drug synergy ive ever used.

I have always wanted to at least try it once. I agree though, it is quite stigmatized even amongst other drug users.

That sounds incredibly addictive and not very psychedelic. That's enough reason to stay away, imo.

You smoke it for a month straight? Thats your validity down the drain. =/

I'd love to get my hands on some pcp. I love dissociatives and PCP sounds like a gem is taken responsible, and only on occasion as PCP seems to show signs of neurotoxicity more so than DXM or K.

It's RETARDED the amount of stigma around pcp, like you guys don't still belive that cannabis makes you an infertile rapist, why should you believe pcp will make you go crazy and murder people? I loved dxm when i was little (14-16 years old), started doing ketamine recently and LOVE it (age 19), and I figured PCP being another dissociative, why wouldn't i love it? So finally I met someone who could get me it, and a few days later he made it happen. I tried reading as much as I could about it, which really didnt tell me anything at all. I tried talking to people who had done it, asked about the nature of their experience, dose, etc. I found a common theme among people who had bad experiences: "So how'd it feel?" "I was too fucked up to think straight" "Well how much did you smoke, a little or a lot?" "I smoked the whole bag in one sitting." DURRRRRR! So when i got my bag of dust, I didn't roll up a whole joint of it, i packed tiny specks into my bowl or threw little sprinkles on joints of weed, and smoked it over 2 days, sometimes alone, sometimes with people. How can anyone say they like k but dont like pcp? Its a VERY similar feeling, except pcp is actually MORE euphoric! The mental effects aren't as interesting as those of ketamine, but its still a very cool drug. At no point did i feel crazy or like i wanted to get violent or had super human strength or anything, thats all ridiculous. I don't know as far as neurotoxicity goes, but i can sure as hell tell you that it feels a LOT cleaner than DXM (much that i read pointed to it being the dirtiest dissociative, followed by dxm and ket on top. id def rate dxm as a MUCH dirtier high). Sadly the guy who the dust came from went to jail, and i can no longer get it, otherwise i'd be smoking the shit on the regular. The world really needs to wake up tho and realize what's really good with PCP.

Got wet? :p

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone become violent on PCP, but back when I had a steady source for it I definitely saw it induce some insane craziness. One of my friends actually jumped off of a balcony and broke both his wrists and an ankle, because he thought the cops were after him.

I don't think it deserves the stigma surrounding it, but just the fact that its a dissociative with stimulating properties can make some people prone to delusions and weird behavior when they use it-- that's just been my observation.

There's a big and dandy PCP thread in this forum. It's not too stigmatized there. I think the bias against it even among somewhat informed drug users is that, looking at the majority of reports, ketamine seems to do dissociation better than PCP without the purportedly neurotoxic effects. So why bother with a more addictive dissociative that's made by street chemists instead of in pharmaceutical labs? Your reaction is pretty idiosyncratic, and you should know that to most readers the unqualified tone of your post probably looks worrisome, like questioning your use isn't even a consideration any more.

There are of course ridiculous myths about it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't tend to cause more trouble than other psychedelics and dissociatives. PCP reportedly causes changes in rat brains that are correlated with schizophrenia (recent research) and it may be fairly neurotoxic. There have been two reports of very experienced bluelighters ending up in the psych ward after combining PCP-related compounds out of a very small number of people who used the compounds (though, at least one was simply found unconscious and not much was known about his prior behavior besides hearsay; the other almost nothing is known about). I myself have used 3-MeO-PCP and had some highly rewarding experiences with it, but in no way do I consider it or any PCP related compounds advisable for regular use.

If there is a drug which makes people go batshit insane and madly agressive I'd say its alcohol, I have smoked sherm a handful of times and only had one bad experience, most probably because I was stupid enough to mix it with weed and alcohol (Im guessing a lot of the bad experiences involve similar combinations). On its own though its one of my faves, so chilled but at the same time so exiting.

The worst thing about it is how its so rare!

I like ketamine but *not* DXM, but I would still try PCP. *shrugs*

Some people look down on heroin heavily even though they'll blow lines of < 30% cocaine and smoke low grade weed...but heroin nope oh no can't do that. 8)

^Well to be fair, its probably a better decision to stick with impure coke and low-grade weed than to start fucking around with H. As a former opiate addict myself, I completely support people's decision to be biased against heroin and other strong opiates (but not the people who use them: that's just discrimination, which is fucked).

I've seen strong opiates ruin lives and induce horrific suffering in people comparable to that caused by famines or plagues. I've seen a bit less of that suffering caused by coke, and nearly none caused by weed. Heroin is just a different kinda thing entirely.

Out of all the drugs in the world, PCP is like the black sheep-or red headed step child of the dissociative world. The problem is that it fell out of popularity a few DECADES ago, not even a few years ago. It resurfaces now and than, but pretty much outside the usual markets where you'd expect a powerful dissociative to be sold. It's more of an urban myth than a drug these days thanks to shady dealers lacing without telling anyone and using toxic cuts. So PCP has been relegated to the level of kids huffing gasoline and air-duster (lol DUSTer ;) ) in most people's eyes.

The issue with lacing has caused alot of problems in my own life, one time two years ago inciting a three-day manic episode who's psychological consequences stuck for years. More recently I was ripped off with a jar of of "CBD oil" who's effects were identical to low dose oral PCP. I missed out on weeks of school, basically walking around in a dissociative fugue, using tons more K than I intended to. I've been posting in The Dark Side more than PD recently because I don't really know (thanks to having laced bud in the past) whether or not that shit was actually PCP or just some obscure cannabinoid causing me to sketch out hard.

That being said, I think PCP is deserving of more attention and thought than most dealers and users are willing to put into it. If I could get it or one of the recent analogues at a high purity and take a known dose, I'd love to experiment with it. But that will have to wait until my psychological issues blow over and I get a hair test to confirm the identity of the batch I consumed over the past few months. Just thought I'd post this as a counter-point to the OP's glowing review, although I can understand what he means and how he could get into it. Interesting topic, regardless.

I rather enjoyed PCP, until the second time I tried it and it mad me go blind for a few minutes. That was rather frightening.

^ I've had experiences like that with questionable weed before. Instant lights out after a bong hit, vision dominated by static and the kind of shit you'd expect to see when it's "light's out" in Nurse Ratchet's ward ;)

^I've had that with perfectly normal bud. It probably had to do with dehydration and perhaps reduced oxygen intake. I was at a concert, took one or two big hits and then slowly my vision turned completely white static. Had to have someone lead me out of the crowd so I could sit down and breath. Went away pretty quick but scared the shit out of me.

One of the things that makes me skeptical of PCP is all the cops episodes and youtube videos of people in public, usually the middle of the road, often at least half undressed, screaming and making threatening gestures.

That said, maybe I would try it just for the hell of it if it was pure and I had a trusted sitter to restrain me if necessary.

^I've had that with perfectly normal bud. It probably had to do with dehydration and perhaps reduced oxygen intake. I was at a concert, took one or two big hits and then slowly my vision turned completely white static. Had to have someone lead me out of the crowd so I could sit down and breath. Went away pretty quick but scared the shit out of me.

Yeah, who knows really in those circumstances, there could have been many things that resulted in that effect. I was a little dehydrated and under-nourished, but even after scarfing down a sandwich and several bottles of water I was still dangerously uncoordinated. I only suspect lacing when it's an extreme outlier of a case, like taking one hit and immediately convulsing in a visionless trance, having to get around on all fours etc. I remember after that experience people asking me about it (this was at a party) for weeks, asking what had happened to make me shake like a leaf, I just told them it'd been a while since I had last smoked.

I have to say alot of my curiosity about PCP has to do with proving/dis-proving cases where bud has been suspected to be laced. Than I could say for certain "Yes, I've had it, known what it is and it's like this ___" I wonder if there's any reliable data on this. I've heard that PCP is becoming more common nowadays because all the people who made it in the 80's and were busted are coming back out. That's an interesting theory, but again I'd like to see some hard data.

I've enjoyed DXM and N2O and I've tried small amounts of ketamine before. I like dissociatives so I would try pcp if I had the chance. I'd rather try 4-meo-pcp though, it appears to be slightly more benign than pcp. I've never even heard of anyone in my area using it though so I've never put much thought into trying it. I've had a policewomen tell me that they saw a 15 year old kid tear out his own eyeballs while he was on pcp when I was 11. It may have been true but anyone who works for the government has 0 credibility when they talk about drugs. A lot of the stigma may stem from the government's smear campaigns on drugs.

Last edited: