• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why Xanax works but Kpins have no effect on me

benzomania13

Greenlighter
Hey guys, first post, but I've been using this forum since high school (I'm 25 now). Not sure if this is the right place, and I apologize if its not, so MODS feel free to move if necessary.

Here's my dilemma: last week I picked up 40 .5mg Klonopins. According to Benzo equivalency tables, mg for mg they are the same as Xanax. Only problem is (this was an experiment because I have never felt any effect from Kpins), I took all 20mgs of Kpins at once, and it literally didn't give me the slightest buzz.

When I take Xanax, I can take 3 or 4 bars and be wrecked out of my mind. Thats only 6-8mg. I guess what I'm really trying to ask is, what the hell? Does that even make sense to you guys? Any input would be appreciated.

And thank you for all of those who have contributed information in the past on theae forums, it is the reason I am clean from Heroin and all opiates, and truly saved my life. Hope everyone has a good day!

Clonazepam is equipotent but its very different than alprazolam as it has a much slower onset and a longer half life-I used to feel the same way about them but once I caught a benzo habit I started preferring clonazepam because it would keep me well longer so I wouldn't have to worry about my benzos and could concentrate on my job (shooting up heroin and meth).

Have you tried taking them sublingually? for some reason it makes a huge difference for me, Clonazepam is actually one of the more water soluble benzos compared to xanax, diazepam and lorazepam which is why I think it works so good sublingually (though so does xanax). If I take clonazepam orally I will not feel it, sublingually i will and it hits me much faster too.

Maybe those 20mg finally kicked in, and now he's in for a long nap lol

He didn't die unless there was something else mixed in. I have unintentionally taken many times that of clonazolam (after blacking out from spilling solution on my arm containing around 10-15 mgs, followed by re-dosing while blacked out) while on suboxone with no adverse consequences accept sleeping for days.

I have seen people with xanax tolerance not respond to high doses of K-pin, so that is always a potential cause. Other than that, it is likely a case of benzo use, like so often, when you think you're fine until you wake-up and realize you were not at all.

yeah, benzos are actually pretty harmless in terms of od in high dosages until they're mixed with opiates or alcohol or some other CNS depressant, that's why they replaced barbiturates. Now that doesn't mean taking high dosages isn't harmful in other ways.

Benzos don't have any effect on me either, could be because I am already on psychiatric medicine and I guess I just have a tolerance? I took 3 Valiums one time and it didn't do anything for me *sigh* But when I use opiates I get higher than a kite.

xanax = fast acting, short lasting
kpins = slow acting, long lasting, probably better for weaning off benzos

Clonazepam is equipotent but its very different than alprazolam as it has a much slower onset and a longer half life-I used to feel the same way about them but once I caught a benzo habit I started preferring clonazepam because it would keep me well longer so I wouldn't have to worry about my benzos and could concentrate on my job (shooting up heroin and meth).

Have you tried taking them sublingually? for some reason it makes a huge difference for me, Clonazepam is actually one of the more water soluble benzos compared to xanax, diazepam and lorazepam which is why I think it works so good sublingually (though so does xanax). If I take clonazepam orally I will not feel it, sublingually i will and it hits me much faster too.

Thats interesting as I take clonazepam but have never in the 5 years of taking it done it sublingually......So it works faster and better this way? Going to try this way later :)