• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why would you fear death?

There's the way that God wanted it...

and the way God did NOT want it... (guided by his fallen angel? or arch nemesis/ mirrored image, as I believe)...

:(

feel free to PM me. I'm a christian, viking.

I'd like to have intelligent discussions about life, religion, politics, culture. :)

-Erlend Grønås

What I fear, is going to hell...

I've seen satan, his "soldiers" (living people, usually young ones) and the sheen sight of souls, being sucked into hell... (with a petrifying scream of pain and horror)

unfortunately, satanism is a big thing here in Norway.

and I fear it, very much,.
Pratar du svenska?
I'm from Finland, we can talk in English or Swedish if you will. Your choice, but i feel i can do better english.

The more painful your death the better your afterlife. I do believe that but I have to admit that I'll avoid dying painfully if possible

Ideally I'd die from poison or so old that I'd just go to sleep and not wake up

Pratar du svenska?
I'm from Finland, we can talk in English or Swedish if you will. Your choice, but i feel i can do better english.

Jag talar svenska, søta bror ;)

men også, norska! :D

So, write as you will, "scandinavian" or english. Please write PM's... :)

-Erlend

What I fear, is going to hell...

I've seen satan, his "soldiers" (living people, usually young ones) and the sheen sight of souls, being sucked into hell... (with a petrifying scream of pain and horror)

unfortunately, satanism is a big thing here in Norway.

and I fear it, very much,.

No need to fear Hell mate - you're already in it

It's being created by your fears

As long as you stay virtuous you should be okay, right?
God gave us free will so we can choose to be virtuous. It's your choice.
You can't be good, if you can't be bad.
If you're weak and you're not hurting anyone you're just weak.
But if you're capable of huge damage and decide not to, you're virtuous.
This is from completely theological standpoint and little bit logic with the virtue thing.

The more painful your death the better your afterlife. I do believe that but I have to admit that I'll avoid dying painfully if possible

Ideally I'd die from poison or so old that I'd just go to sleep and not wake up

Death is death, it doesn't matter whether the events leading up to the death were painful (as in burning/choking to death in a fire) or painless (as in being hit by a close nuclear blast or taking an O/D of Seconal). In the end, dead is dead. Period.

. I love Schopenhauer and Nietzsche.

Nietzsche wasn’t a fatalistic nihilist. He was an existentialist (before they were named as such) and saw life (for the select few capable of it) as a project of self-directed becoming and realising one’s true Spirit at all costs.

Shopenhauer a bit more fatalistic - but he had interesting ideas about how we could get relief from the struggle of existence through art.

Nietzsche wasn’t a fatalistic nihilist. He was an existentialist (before they were named as such) and saw life (for the select few capable of it) as a project of self-directed becoming and realising one’s true Spirit at all costs.

Shopenhauer a bit more fatalistic - but he had interesting ideas about how we could get relief from the struggle of existence through art.
I know that Nietzsche wasn't nihilist. I know his übermench stuff.
Schopenhauers monk mode idea is amazing.

Both philosophies, Nietzsche and Schopenhauer regognice the suffering of life and try to offer a solution.
Also, both of them do not try to aim for equality, which is great.
"Nobody is more inferior than the one who demands equality."
Is one fucking great quote.
I'll write more, i just ate my morning benzos.

I know that Nietzsche wasn't nihilist.

Sorry. I perhaps misread some of your posts in this thread as kind of nihilistic so I was surprised you were a Nietzsche fan. He is often misunderstood as advancing nihilism though and his ongoing influence on French philosophy has advanced that understanding.

I like his existential notion of the Will to Power and his separation of society into Masters and Slaves.

Sorry. I perhaps misread some of your posts in this thread as kind of nihilistic so I was surprised you were a Nietzsche fan. He is often misunderstood as advancing nihilism though and his ongoing influence on French philosophy has advanced that understanding.

I like his existential notion of the Will to Power and his separation of society into Masters and Slaves.
Slave mentality is good one too. If you advocate for helping of weaker, you have slave mentality. Christianity is one of the worst ones.
Will to power explains everything pretty good. You gave ride to somebody? Yeah, you did that to feel good about yourself.
You donated to charity? Yeah, you wanna be the all-mighty helping hand. You just wanna feel good about yourself.

I don't think he seperated society to masters and slaves. He said that there's only few worthy of übermench status and it's natural order for the strong to thrive and weak to whine. The way you put your words sounds like he advocated for classist/cast system.

@DeadManWalkin'.

Your posts are coming through fast and furious this morning. Nice to see. I make the hopeful assumption that you’re starting to feel better and over the worst of it. Holding thumbs.
Days are just watching clock ticking and waiting for the next activity. Thank god i'm allowed to have computer.
I couldn't stand it here 5 days last time without computer, now i can just quarantine myself to my room. Usually i can keep any conversation up for hours, but here it's not so great. Great people tho, not too arrogant or you know, annoying hierarcihies and power dynamics which tend to form in places like this.
I feel OK, wont take olanzapin today since side effects are too much.
Hopefully it doesn't make me too restless. I can just take 10mg a day or something.
Thanks for the positive vibes.

I don't think he seperated society to masters and slaves. He said that there's only few worthy of übermench status and it's natural order for the strong to thrive and weak to whine. The way you put your words sounds like he advocated for classist/cast system.
Yep. Sorry - he divided morality into slave morality and master morality, not really society itself.

Death is death, it doesn't matter whether the events leading up to the death were painful (as in burning/choking to death in a fire) or painless (as in being hit by a close nuclear blast or taking an O/D of Seconal). In the end, dead is dead. Period.
I disagree. For example I've known people who died and came back to life in hospital. It's not the same thing as being murdered or something like that

Maybe you mean it like all roads lead to Jericho or whatever the phrase, but I wouldn't trivialize death. In my mind death is as significant as life. Call me morbid but I'm a pagan

@dalpat077 I get what you're saying. My friend was clinically dead as in he had to be revived with those electric paddles because his heart stopped for like ten minutes

I agree with the idea that being dead for lesser amounts of time could be classified differently from say being dead for several days. I still see it as being dead but indeed we don't know unless we've been there ourselves, so it might be hard to do that

Cheers

I would like to say I don't fear death I've had a few close calls and I'm finally doing ok in life it would be a bummer to die, I'm obssed with death but when someone close to me dies it fucking hurts