• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why would you fear death?

i do not fear death and often wish for my time to come sooner than later. Death is the ultimate grace of life the final end to suffering death is the most beautiful thing that can touch the soul because now you know the person will no longer have to suffer on this earthly plane of existence.

I switch between nihilism and still trying to find and figure out my lifes purpose which the only thing i keep getting showed is that i would only be fulfilled if i was a LSD chemist and i doubt that is going to happen so i got to put up with my mudane existence watching life go by.

The one thing i fear is waking up on a infinite loop to relive life over and over likes it groundhog day. One time is enough to look back on my mistakes. If we are reborn into new bodies i hope its at least a 100 years from now and we have colonized mars cause that would be kind of cool.

Life is the loop of the same fucking problems and death is the ultimate escape of never returning to this shit that in the end i created for myself. I want to rest forever in the white light nirvana i seen enough life for now.
If you had to live your life over and over again, wouldn't you want to live right now the way that it would be enjoyable to happen again?

Wow man, that's quite a post. I agree with you in terms of fearing death. Death means the ceasing of it all. You're no longer there. I have never died though, but my experiences in life have led me to not fear it. I do, however, have empathy for my loved ones and I fear it in that sense, because of the pain it would leave people with. It doesn't matter that I'm no longer there to see them suffer. THEY will be there, suffering, and I care about that. What I actually fear the most is someone I love dying. I lost my father recently, it was weird because he had ALS and it was 6 grueling years of slowly dying. But to just suddenly have my girlfriend, or brother, or someone else I love, just die in a car accident or something... it's my worst fear, because that pain would be like nothing else.

So basically, I don't fear death for myself, but I fear the pain of loss if I remain.

As an aside, you said you've been dead and came back. Was it like anything? Some people report various experiences like rising up and seeing their bodies, or going towards a light, or a variety of other things. I'm just curious if you experienced anything. My theory (actually it's my friend's theory) is this: we know there is residual brain activity after death for something like 24-36 hours. Not full brain activity of course, but a slowly diminishing electrical activity. My theory is that during that time is when you experience the "afterlife". And it's going to be whatever it is you expect it or believe it to be.

I think we're all the universe experiencing itself subjectively in an infinity of ways through all forms of life simultaneously. We are all the same consciousness. But when this individual manifestation dies, it's gone.
I love that last paragraph!

Lovely responses from everyone.
I'm in rehab for 3th day and would kill for a dose of dope.
I cant reply now properly because i feel like DeadManWalkin'
Ill reply later when i fell better.
Stay cool everyone
BEST REGARDS -DMW

who in the hell is going to feed all of these people?

somewhat off topic, but quite. the "save the children" type charities are some of the worst. save the children so they can die from systemic global inequalities, wars, poverty and famine when they're suddenly unfortunate enough to hit 18? wtf is the point? i will never give a penny to myopic charities like that, which seem to mostly be about manipulating empathetic people into supporting exorbitant "management costs" (charity CEO salaries and perks) in the most parasitic way possible...

Having also come close on more than one occasion, I don’t fear death, I fear not completing my mission while I’m here... Once it’s complete I can go in peace, until then I’m hanging on with all my might.

-GC

I'm doing things so that I don't have to do them when I'm dead

Have had multiple close to death situations and still going strong. When you have almost died 4 times death sounds like a close friend.

. I fear losing the ability to be. I watch my body slowly die as the months go on, and I'm sad to know that time is coming sooner rather than later for me. It's sad that I didn't realize during my darkest days what amazing gift I always had: life.

You realise it now though brother - a blessing for sure because so , so many never realise it.

Nobody can change the past. You however now have this gift of a knowledge that will undoubtedly transform and inform every second of the rest of your existence, however long or short that may be<3

Unfortunately I know that. I hold many hands and moderated many deaths with families and i now how it runs. But you know what? You learn from it. Everytime a bit more.

JJ

We have this belief in our head that we matter, which is nonsense. We, you or i don't mean shit.
We are living in one big fucking planet of shit, where nothing matters. One big ghetto.
Always expect the worst. Then positive things will be only positive surprises and other were stuff as expected.
No man can fight time, the death will come. Grim reaper knocking on your door, devil's dancing, but you already expected that.
You are let away from the burden of life.
Take it as a blessing, since it's all over now. You can sleep. No worries.
I can enjoy my life, even if i see it as meaningless. Maybe not fully, since i see myself as a righteous and virtuous man, but still - there's no greater purpose..
Well, not for me at least.. Yet.. I have read all the Qurans, Bibles and books trying to find meaning. I love Schopenhauer and Nietzsche.

Everything being meaningless is the ultimate alternative, since if our every thing we do had meaning, it would be huge burden to carry for some people and they can't take it.
I can have meaning in meaningless life and find happiness.
Hopefully.. Since happiness is just temporary blessing given by the warm hand of God.
So, you enjoy it to the last drop. Since it's not something guaranteed.

I fucking love my own train of thought when i let it free.
Feeling great i can tell so much so clearly.

What I fear, is going to hell...

I've seen satan, his "soldiers" (living people, usually young ones) and the sheen sight of souls, being sucked into hell... (with a petrifying scream of pain and horror)

unfortunately, satanism is a big thing here in Norway.

and I fear it, very much,.