• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why some people have and some havent visuals on acid

I often trip on metocin with my girlfriend. We take the same doses. The only visual effects she gets are pattern recognition enhancement and some rare CEV's.

The visual effects I get most often are symmetrical texture repetition, drifting, colour shifting, some tracers. And when I push the dose, I can have full blown 3D hallucinations (end of the pathway coming towards me while turning into a dragon, flowers growing...). I don't get pattern recognition enhancement (seriously I see as much or even more faces in stuff when I'm sober), and I only got CEV's once.

So yeah, it seems people can be affected pretty differently.

I'm not sure what anyone means by "visuals". With LSD with eyes open I tend to see brighter colours, sometimes a little swirling.

I think all the "trip reports" you get are misleading. People feel they have to say "I saw an elephant in a tutu dancing down the middle of the street" so that they sound groovy and exciting. Even Howard Marks was susceptible to this - he claims in his autobiog that he was looking at a beatles album cover and the Beatles came to life and started playing on top of the cover. As much as I like Howard I'd bet my bollocks he made that up.