• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why is weed mainly smoked?

LRMx

Greenlighter
Everywhere I look it's the same degenerate talk about how people want an instantaneous high using pipes and all of this other shit. I absolutely hate smoking with a passion, I hate the smell, and I hate the image it has made weed. So, why aren't gummies the more popular method? They are much safer, there's no terrible smell, the high is much more strong, and since it isn't instantaneous there is much less risk of addiction. Of course, even without the lung damage if you take a potent amount of weed gummies each day just like with smoking your risk of developing some insane mental condition skyrockets through the roof. That goes with abusing any drug, although I'd argue that with gummies the risk is far lower.

Full disclosure, I don't smoke and never will, so obviously I am a bit biased. But so are the people who mainly smoke as their form of consumption.

I know many people who only use edibles

Everyone I know who uses on a regular basis (multiple times a week) tends to smoke or vape it primarily tho

For me I like the shorter duration sometimes. Edibles I need the whole day whereas I can vape a bowl in the evening with little commitment

There are a lot of reasons smoking is the preferred method.

For one, it's easier. To get THC into a psychoactive form it must be heated to turn THC-A into THC, and the easiest way to do this is to light the shit on fire and inhale the smoke.

Second reason, it's easier to gauge your dose. If I smoke 0.1 grams I will know within a few seconds to a few minutes if it's too much or not enough. Edibles are notoriously hard to gauge dosages with. People often take way too much because it takes over an hour to fully kick in. Unless you're using very precisely made edibles and/or products with THC content labels that are accurate, you won't be able to get good consistency.

Third reason, people just like to smoke. It's a social activity and there is a lot of culture behind it.

Fourth reason, some people just don't like the high from edibles. When weed is eaten it's said that more of the THC is metabolized by the liver and turned into other psychoactive cannabinioids.

Fifth reason, the high lingers too long. Personally if I smoke every day I feel pretty much completely sober the next day before I smoke again. If I have edibles everyday it will completely burn me out since the high seems to last much longer.

I know many people who only use edibles

Everyone I know who uses on a regular basis (multiple times a week) tends to smoke or vape it primarily tho

For me I like the shorter duration sometimes. Edibles I need the whole day whereas I can vape a bowl in the evening with little commitment
i didnt want to smoke so spouse got these gummies, thought they would help me sleep. they did but im all hungover from JUST edibles, didnt know one could get a hangover on them i had 4 25 mgs first night, and 100mg the second night trying to lower the does, still hung over......guess
no edibles for me, never did that ell on THC. thought the medicine is a blessing

i didnt want to smoke so spouse got these gummies, thought they would help me sleep. they did but im all hungover from JUST edibles, didnt know one could get a hangover on them i had 4 25 mgs first night, and 100mg the second night trying to lower the does, still hung over......guess
no edibles for me, never did that ell on THC. thought the medicine is a blessing
yup that hangover is real

also not sure if typo but 4 x 25 = 100 so that dose was the same

I recommend starting even with 5-10 mg and working up from there.

25 is honestly too much for me but my tolerance is relatively low (thank you HPPD). not sure what yours is like but definitely start low and work up from there not the other way around

Hmmmm, have you ever successfully shoved a nug into your butt?
= Joking.

But for real, I will never prefer edible cannabis. The high is way too strong, it's like a psychedelic trip honestly if you aren't careful. Gives me major anxiety, definitely don't like it.

yup that hangover is real

also not sure if typo but 4 x 25 = 100 so that dose was the same

I recommend starting even with 5-10 mg and working up from there.

25 is honestly too much for me but my tolerance is relatively low (thank you HPPD). not sure what yours is like but definitely start low and work up from there not the other way around
yes im typo queen, i took 100 then 50 next day....duh i did take a bit too much, my tolerance is supper low. but ty for letting me know there is hangover

yes im typo queen, i took 200, then 100, so i did take a bit too much, my tolerance is supper low
Definitely try like 5 mg then . It’s a light dose and may leave you wanting more but it’s honestly very pleasant.

5 it is! too late now took about 10, but next time real low, plus they last longer, brilliant!

= Joking.

But for real, I will never prefer edible cannabis. The high is way too strong, it's like a psychedelic trip honestly if you aren't careful. Gives me major anxiety, definitely don't like it.
i know i had to take xanax at one point(any excuse) but ty for the laughs

yea i don't like waiting an hour or so for an edible to kick in.....im like high but i didn't smoke - and it's a different high - more uncomfortable because it creeps up later on?

and i've over-done-it with them and it's not very pleasant - i used to make cannabutter and sell it by the jar - it was super potent - i'd make a small 9x9 tray of brownies and slice it up into 12 pieces and 1 brownie would seriously level you......

anyway - the last time i made and ate one of those brownies, i hopped in the car and started driving down to Cali and im driving down the highway, and i kept flinching because the cars in the next lane over were bugging me out....i think i made it to Tacoma.....pulled over at a rest spot and slept for 15 minutes and i was back in action....but i ate the brownie so i wouldn't need to smoke thinking it would be more convenient....ended up being more inconvenient

one thing i did like, is if a ate one before bed, i'd still feel a little high in the morning - and that's always convenient :caffeine:

now let me also say this: i've had edibles from stores and dispensaries, and never once did any of them even get me slightly high - they're all garbage to me but im an elitist, whatever floats your boat

thinking-emoji-24.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

My parents giving me slack about making infused butter in the house. How bad does it stink up the kitchen decarbing? Can you decarb with a toaster oven? I might get one for the garage and do it out there. At least I broke the ice about it. It might just be something to let simmer.

I smoke all day usually. Vape one big dose of flower in the middle of the day. It might be out of abundance and necessity. Edibles are nice, but not all that common in PA unless you make them. But they're starting to come around. I'd say the europeans learned to smoke tobacco from the western world, brought it back, and kicked into it with opium, tobacco, then maybe pot. Only thing about smoking all day is your lungs have a limit, and I'm constantly coughing up phlegm.