• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why is synthetic marijuana so addictive?

I've been smoking/eating synthetic cannabinoids in powder form for quite a while, and I don't find them to be more addictive than Cannabis itself. Taking breaks after weeks or even months of (non heavy) daily use doesn't come with withdrawals.

Because it's synthetic marijuana.. no offence to anyone smoking/enjoying it but to me it was total bs. Only had it once and there was absolutely nothing enjoyable about the high, if you can call it that, I was shaking, out of control and mumbling some incoherent words and I had no idea what was going on around me and I was just very scared. I think you should have a good talk with your friend. Bring him some actual weed, go out in the nature and walk around, have a jay, talk. Maybe even leave him some weed so that he can smoke it instead of the synthetic one when he feels like going to sleep for example. I'm sure he too realises that what is happening to his body isn't normal and he obviously can't be feeling good neither physically nor mentally, so just take some time to discuss it with him.

Major functional interactions exist between cannabinoid and opioid systems. Do some research and you'll likely find the reason they are physically addictive.

Unless you were looking for uneducated anecdotes.

Completely agree with you......I had to leave my ex boyfriend of 7 years because all he wanted to do all day from morning to night was smoke 10 grams of Spice at $25 a bag a day and he lost his job, friends, lost his sex drive for me.....I had to call the ambulance twice on him for weird seizures he had and he could not complete sentences because he would lose his train of thought.....I tried it a few times and also felt (unlike real weed) that after hitting it after 20/30 minutes I had to have more and I would do nothing but lay around my bed all day.....I am glad I stopped and left my ex. Very dangerous....I wonder what chemicals they put in it that make it so addicting? Not cool that it is legal and marijuana isn't in many states....luckily I live in Virginia 45 min from Wash DC were marijuana is now legal. Hooray! :D I think it is horrible.....he used to get a horrible stomach aches and nausea plus sweating when he (my ex) did not have it.....10 mg a day is 70 mg a week.....that costs basically $100 a week and it's CRAP.....I understand were u are coming from...I am glad I never got that hooked on it (after seeing him seizure the first time I never did it again) but my ex would not stop. Also I remember like the 2nd or 3rd time I smoked it I felt like I was dying.....like my soul was leaving my body....I could not speak....move....it was the weirdest experience ever.....totally scary! SPICE SUCKS! AND YES IT IS DEFINITELY STRONGER THAN MARIJUANA......best to stick to what God put on this earth and is a REAL PLANT.