• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why is MDMA illegal? Opinions plz

BlueNakedLady

Bluelighter
What do you guys think are the reasons why mdma is illegal? I hope to get a lot of your opionions on this because I don't think its illegal just because it has no use to society or because of its toxic or the damages it makes to our body or mind, physically. We all know what the media says about mdma because if you ever ask anyone who hasnt done it, they will probablly refuse immedietly because the media only tells you the bad side of the drug and not the good side.

What I think is a reason why its illegal is because the government/ people who control or maintan America, dont want us to find the true meaning of life and to enjoy it to the fullest. As a child we were brainwashed and taught that we have to do really well at school and school is the most important thing. This is how I was back then but after I started dropping I found out what life really is and lifes not all about being successful and money like my parents used to tell me. So I think the government wants us to keep working hard to keep the U.S being the supercontinent or economy or whatever, so if we all drop E, most would find that working and being successful is not the most important thing, but being happy and having fun is much better way to live cause we only live once so why not enjoy.

bluenakedlady while i agree with your statements about how life should be lived to enjoy and have fun not to be simply rich and successful, this revelation doesnt always coem from E. although it does in many cases, i myself worked that out before i ever dropped. dropping just strengthened the notion a lot.

apart from this however, i dont think thats why its illegal. theres no big conspiracy to make everyone unhappy, its just an unfortunate circumstance. mdma is illegal because of its potential for abuse and hence neurotoxicity.

i believe that there should be a new class of drugs which are recreational yet perscribed by a doctor. basically you have to prove that you can be a responsible user etc, and then u can go out and use these drugs for fun. mdma would be in this class.

BlueNakedLady said:
What do you guys think are the reasons why mdma is illegal? I hope to get a lot of your opionions on this because I don't think its illegal just because it has no use to society or because of its toxic or the damages it makes to our body or mind, physically. We all know what the media says about mdma because if you ever ask anyone who hasnt done it, they will probablly refuse immedietly because the media only tells you the bad side of the drug and not the good side.

What I think is a reason why its illegal is because the government/ people who control or maintan America, dont want us to find the true meaning of life and to enjoy it to the fullest. As a child we were brainwashed and taught that we have to do really well at school and school is the most important thing. This is how I was back then but after I started dropping I found out what life really is and lifes not all about being successful and money like my parents used to tell me. So I think the government wants us to keep working hard to keep the U.S being the supercontinent or economy or whatever, so if we all drop E, most would find that working and being successful is not the most important thing, but being happy and having fun is much better way to live cause we only live once so why not enjoy.

If you think MDMA showed you the meaning of life, you need to reconsider your goals.

dilated_pupils said:
If you think MDMA showed you the meaning of life, you need to reconsider your goals.

Huh? What does that mean? Yes mdma showed me the meaning of life in general but what does that have to do with goals?

BlueNakedLady said:
What I think is a reason why its illegal is because the government/ people who control or maintan America, dont want us to find the true meaning of life and to enjoy it to the fullest.

I am quite sure that finding the "meaning of life" (if such a thing exists) is not dependent upon MDMA.

If the government/people are attempting to prevent other people from knowing and enjoying the true "meaning" of life, wouldn't they themselves at a minimum need to know what the true "meaning" is and how to obtain it? How could they possibly know such a thing?

^(edit:in reply to bluenakedlady) I think he means that life isn't all about having fun.

ifonly said:
bluenakedlady while i agree with your statements about how life should be lived to enjoy and have fun not to be simply rich and successful, this revelation doesnt always coem from E. although it does in many cases, i myself worked that out before i ever dropped. dropping just strengthened the notion a lot.

apart from this however, i dont think thats why its illegal. theres no big conspiracy to make everyone unhappy, its just an unfortunate circumstance. mdma is illegal because of its potential for abuse and hence neurotoxicity.

i believe that there should be a new class of drugs which are recreational yet perscribed by a doctor. basically you have to prove that you can be a responsible user etc, and then u can go out and use these drugs for fun. mdma would be in this class.

^^^ That sounds like a wonderful idea I never thought of that before.

What i dont like is that they decided for us what we should not ingest. As if the collective mind was first to take decisions on what you are allowed to do with your body. The modern civilisation is one crazy ass place to live. I mean come on , they will put you in jail for getting high ? hows that going to help ?

I had a drug addiction but was living with my family and going to work... and now they have decided i should be removed from my family and my job and be put with in prison with rapists and killers and what not. I am doing this to MYSELF therefore you should not have ANY FUCKING CONTROL OVER IT!!!

^ Exactly kurv!! Politicians think they should have control over us though, that's what it comes down to.

^ Well, unless I am missing something that is the purpose of government. You know, to control people.

I have never heard of people being put in prison simply for being high. There has to be some othe reason for being put in prision. You had a massive amount of illegal drugs while high. You did something else that was illegal while high. Your behavior has a record of doing illegal or otherwise stupid things while high... something else in addition to being high.

Well I don't think that should be the purpose of the Government, the purpose of Government should be to help keep society going, not to control people. Were not robots like they want us to be. Were not like them, in other words.

i do agree with your philosophy on life... and thats all it is, your personal philosophy. Some people share it some people dont. This philosophy has existed for along time. It is egoistic hedonism, i dont remember which greek philosopher said it but its basically the notion that the purpose of your life is to pleasure your self, both sensual pleasure and pleasures of the mind.

i personally think that the FDA made mdma illegal because they were facing pressure from alcohol lobbiests that wanted mdma to stop. Cuz common if u drop mdma (pure mdma not meth/mdma) u dont drink...

this is jus a pure thought, no factual evidence is behind it

Drugs are made illegal (or controlled) for two reasons:

1. Risk to society (this could be e.g. through violent meth-crazed lunatics, or drunk drivers, or just that a society where everyone was tripping all at once would be kinda hard to keep functioning).
2. Risk to the individual (health consequences of cigarettes, alcohol, MDMA, whatever).

I personally think the second reason is ridiculous, and people should be free to take their own risks. There's definitely some argument for the first (I'd be happy to make MDMA legal and keep meth illegal).

But the thing is, there's no conspiracy. The vast majority of people agree with drug laws (or, at least where I am, think they should be harsher.) It's coming from the general public, not the govt.

Sim0n said:

1. Risk to society (this could be e.g. through violent meth-crazed lunatics, or drunk drivers, or just that a society where everyone was tripping all at once would be kinda hard to keep functioning).
2. Risk to the individual (health consequences of cigarettes, alcohol, MDMA, whatever).

I personally think the second reason is ridiculous, and people should be free to take their own risks. There's definitely some argument for the first (I'd be happy to make MDMA legal and keep meth illegal).

But the thing is, there's no conspiracy. The vast majority of people agree with drug laws (or, at least where I am, think they should be harsher.) It's coming from the general public, not the govt.

^^Very True

Sim0n said:

Now tbh and straight to the point, point no.1 is nothing but hypocritcial bullshit to me. If that was the case then why is alcohol legal? Is it ok for everyone to be drunk at once? I know which i would prefer. I would agree with your first point if alcohol wasn't legal.

The problem with the war on drugs is that the war itself causes more problems to people , their lifes and their family than drugs themselves.

what do you think about this little story here
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=22382

People who have drug problems should be dealt with by a medical team. Not law enforcement power tripping ass holes

SmC said:
Now tbh and straight to the point, point no.1 is nothing but hypocritcial bullshit to me. If that was the case then why is alcohol legal? Is it ok for everyone to be drunk at once? I know which i would prefer. I would agree with your first point if alcohol wasn't legal.

Yeah, I agree with you :). I'm not saying I agree with the reasons I gave, but I think it's important that we understand that those are the reasons that people use. So if we want any relaxation of the drug laws, we have to engage with those arguments.

BTW, with regard to alcohol, 11pm closing in the UK was a direct result of point #1 - it was introduced because factory workers were getting too drunk to work, during the First World War.

Also, at least some of the politicians who want drugs to be illegal also want harsher laws on alcohol, as well. Certainly in NZ, the govt minister in charge of drug policy would probably ban alcohol, if he could.

Another point which I mentioned in a different thread is that it's possible to use alcohol for other reasons than getting intoxicated. If you take MDMA, you're taking it to get high. If you take alcohol, you could be taking it to enhance a meal, or for the flavour, etc, or just to relax. (I find these arguments slightly hypocritical, as well, but there you are).