• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why is Codeine popular? Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RespectblGentleman

Greenlighter
I've had it a few times. The most I took was 450mg and all it did was make me sleepy. There is no high. Besides heroin addicts, why would anyone take this? Is it because it's been popularised by rap music?

Codeine is one of the weakest opiates around.

How's your tolerance?

Also, some people are not good at metabolizing it.

It's not popular for anyone who can get anything better, it's just that it's available OTC in many countries and probably one of the easiest opiates to get rx'd.

Codeine is one of the weakest opiates around. How's your tolerance? Also, some people are not good at metabolizing it.
My tolerance can't possible be high. It's the first and only opiate I've used and I've only been through 4 or 5 bottles total so far. My tolerance definitely wasn't high when I took the 450mg.

Basically. There are people out there who really like it but it never did much for me, I'd take oxycodone over codeine any day. I mean, it's still enjoyable, but for me it always just left me wanting more.

My tolerance can't possible be high. It's the first and only opiate I've used and I've only been through 4 or 5 bottles total so far. My tolerance definitely wasn't high when I took the 450mg.

Codeine is useless to anyone with a tolerance.

Though, it is surprising that you don't enjoy it. Most people with base line tolerance will enjoy 60/90-120mg.

All the rappers talking about it, are just trying to sound cool. Most of them have never taken it. The entertainment media and lots of regular people glamorize drug use, like they're special because they do it.

I didn't feel opiates when I first tried them, I did relatively high doses for someone with no tolerance. It took two years before one day I did some Percocet and everything clicked as if I missed it all my life. My addiction progressed on far from Percocet. Just a little warning.

Basically. There are people out there who really like it but it never did much for me, I'd take oxycodone over codeine any day. I mean, it's still enjoyable, but for me it always just left me wanting more.

Everyone will take Oxycodone over Codeine. Though, what does surprise me is people who truly prefer Hydrocodone over Oxycodone. Metabolism and the differentiation of it from person to person is an interesting thing.

^if that ain't the truth. I didn't like opiates either the first few times I tried them. Did nothing. Then I got a 3 week oxy script and my life has never been the same.

Yep. I tried heroin at 16, didn't care for it. Did more heroin and a ton of pills while I was 17. Then at 18, I guy I worked with brought me 10 Percocets, it has never been the same since.

I love codeine. I am on methadone right now and it's useless but when my tolorence is low i prefer 400mg codeine to a 30 mg oxy. Glutethimide and codeine combination is one of the best high's ever. I never had it but in eastern europe all the old timers are talking about the sweet memories of it. How it was way better then heroin or opium. I can't believe that 1000's of people prefer that combination over heroin.

A lot of people have a mutation of the CYP2D6 gene, causing them to poorly metabolize codeine so they are unable to convert codeine to morphine efficiently enough and as a consequence may not experience much.
Maybe you are one of them.

Main tips for best use of Codeine Phosphate.

- Empty stomach (this is a must)
- Cimetidine or Cyclizine 30 minutes prior to use
- Low Opiate tolerance.

400mgs is a nice dose indeed.

A lot of people have a mutation of the CYP2D6 gene, causing them to poorly metabolize codeine so they are unable to convert codeine to morphine efficiently enough and as a consequence may not experience much.

That must be it. Drank most of a 450mg bottle (lost some of it) just there and I don't even feel drowsy. How shit.

Did the that MUCH CODEINE not make your head super itchy from Histamine Release Unless you Use it Frequentl, In LARGE DOSES Also.

Did the that MUCH CODEINE not make your head super itchy from Histamine Release Unless you Use it Frequentl, In LARGE DOSES Also.
I got a bit itchy but not on my head. I suffer from allergies in general though so it might not have been the codeine.

This. Was about to say exactly this. I believe it's somewhere around 20% of the population who doesn't metabolize codeine efficiently, and therefore it's useless to them

Did you drink it slowly, or fast?
Dosing codeine is most effective if done in one go. Re-dosing over several hours (for example) doesnt work the same becsuse effects are caused by a metabolic process (as mentioned above)

Status
Not open for further replies.