• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why is amphetamine so good at keeping opiod wd at bay?

just barely even tolerating even existing.
Please don't do anything stupid to yourself. Maybe I read too much into your post but you sound a bit suicidal. Don't give up on life. Is there maybe a hobby you used to be passionate about, but gave up later on? Try to learn a new, useful skill. Create something. When I'm depressed I usually go to our local community garden and tend to the plants, or I try to learn a new skill by watching courses on Udemy...or I just do drugs. And sometimes I do both at the same time lol. Currently I'm learning to produce electronic music with FL Studio.
Also, reduce the amount of time you spend on social media. It tends to worsen depression. I used to be on facebook, twitter, reddit and so on in the past. I have deleted all those accounts and only post here on BL occassionally. Maybe even choose a day in the week (saturday or sunday perhaps) to completely unplug from the internet and go into nature.
If possible, move away from large cities and metropolitan areas into small towns. I always found big cities to be very depressing and neurotic places. Please take care of yourself.

True.
I'm lucky if i can afford weed for the month though, so it'd probably take me years to save up for 1 bag of heroin or something anyway.

I miss the good old days when people would just trade shit instead. lol I give you my drugs & you give me some of yours. lol
I'm sure people still do this somewhere, but I lost all my friends & connections & meeting new people isn't as easy once you're in your 30's I guess.
Especially other opioid users (who aren't pieces of shit I mean).

I could easily find speed if I wanted, but I've always preferred the brown.
What do you mean it would take years to save up for 1 bag of Heroin? You can’t get $20? Lol

What do you mean it would take years to save up for 1 bag of Heroin? You can’t get $20? Lol
I'm talking more than a day's worth here. lol
I'm sure 20 bucks wouldn't get me a whole lot, especially with fent being more prevalent. It would just be a tease.

And technically yeah, it can be hard for me to come up with 20 bucks. I'm already broke til May. 20 bucks can mean the difference of eating/having cigarettes & not, for me unfortunately.

I'm sure 20 bucks wouldn't get me a whole lot, especially with fent being more prevalent. It would just be a tease.

And technically yeah, it can be hard for me to come up with 20 bucks. I'm already broke til May. 20 bucks can mean the difference of eating/having cigarettes & not, for me unfortunately.
I feel ya there. If i am not really careful I run out of money before the end of the month too and that sucks so bad having to go without until we get paid again.

And I don't blow any of my money. Hell. after bills, ciggies, food, kratom and pet products I'm usually broke as well. I have what I need for the month but nothing extra.

I feel ya there. If i am not really careful I run out of money before the end of the month too and that sucks so bad having to go without until we get paid again.

And I don't blow any of my money. Hell. after bills, ciggies, food, kratom and pet products I'm usually broke as well. I have what I need for the month but nothing extra.
Same here. I don't blow my money on anything really.
I get paid once a month & most of it usually goes toward rent & my bills.
And then I usually grab my essentials (body wash, toothpaste, cologne), stock up on 3 cartons of cigarettes, pay off any debt I owe people & then usually I'm broke by the time the middle of the month comes around, if that.

Tomorrow's my birthday & I'm pretty bummed about it. I have a shitty family & 2 of my family members only hit me up when they want something from me, but never return the favor. Nor do they even care to take the time or effort to do anything for me for my birthday either. They know exactly what would help me out since I've vented to them a million times about it all & they could do those things if they really wanted, but they either flat out choose not to or they lie & say they can't. Or they say they can but then never actually do. Yet I'm sure they'll be back around & hitting me up when they need something again. And every time they ask me for something, I'm on it ASAP for them. But I'm not doing it anymore. I've helped them out numerous times now over the past year, for nothing in return. It's actually pretty disgusting to have family blatantly just taking advantage of me & then leaving me broke, sober & completely miserable on my birthday. I don't even wanna answer any of them tomorrow really.

For my birthday, I was given the shock of knowing that most of the people who are close to me & suppose to give a shit only talk to me when they want what I have. They could easily do things to help me out (don't wanna go into details here) and they just choose not to & lie about it. And I'm the youngest out of all of us. Pretty sad to keep lying & taking from your own little brother. I've had friends & completely random people do more to help me out lately than my own family cares to.

I need to go try & get my mind fixated on something else.
I hope you're doing alright Nurse Ratched! <3

Last edited:
Same here. I don't blow my money on anything really.
I get paid once a month & most of it usually goes toward rent & my bills.
And then I usually grab my essentials (body wash, toothpaste, cologne), stock up on 3 cartons of cigarettes, pay off any debt I owe people & then usually I'm broke by the time the middle of the month comes around, if that.

Tomorrow's my birthday & I'm pretty bummed about it. I have a shitty family & 2 of my family members only hit me up when they want something from me, but never return the favor. Nor do they even care to take the time or effort to do anything for me for my birthday either. Yet I'm sure they'll be back around & hitting me up when they need something again. But I'm not doing it anymore. I've helped them out numerous times now over the past year, for nothing in return. It's actually pretty disgusting to have family blatantly just taking advantage of me & then leaving me broke, sober & completely miserable on my birthday. I don't even wanna answer any of them tomorrow really.

For my birthday, I was given the shock of knowing that most of the people who are close to me & suppose to give a shit only talk to me when they want what I have. They could easily do things to help me out (don't wanna go into details here) and they just choose not to & lie about it. And I'm the youngest out of all of us. Pretty sad to keep lying & taking from your own little brother. I've had friends & completely random people do more to help me out lately than my own family cares to.

I need to go try & get my mind fixated on something else.
I hope you're doing alright Nurse Ratched! <3
Happy Birthday Tomorrow !!! :multicolorheadbang:

If we all could crawl into BL we would throw you a massive party and get you anything you wanted.

I'm really sorry that your family treats you that way.

And I am doing well, thank you.<3

Happy Birthday Tomorrow !!! :multicolorheadbang:

If we all could crawl into BL we would throw you a massive party and get you anything you wanted.

I'm really sorry that your family treats you that way.

And I am doing well, thank you.<3
Oh I bet!!!
I wish we could all just teleport into some big BL building where we can all meet up & hang out!
I know I'd meet so many really cool people! |

Thanks Nurse Ratched!
I appreciate it!

Much love to everybody here & the BL crew for giving me & the rest of us a place to be ourselves & amongst like-minded individuals!
Cheers!

I mostly just got a mood lift & some motivation to work on music.
just? and Happy Birthday from Đmantu and me his was couple days ago and his was like yours if you are 35
Hope you havin a blast cause he didn't party years but we did and that mofo can when do, throw one epic journey that needs a special imagination!

yeah the world of things it's to much of everything and we need all of it

just? and Happy Birthday from Đmantu and me his was couple days ago and his was like yours if you are 35
Hope you havin a blast cause he didn't party years but we did and that mofo can when do, throw one epic journey that needs a special imagination!

yeah the world of things it's to much of everything and we need all of it
Thanks.

All i got today was my ex/roommate punched and kicked me over 7+ times. And then kicked my computer.
I finally had enough and packed my shit and left.
But now im homeless and could lose everything .
What a nice gift.

Im real close to gving up. This life just isn't for me any more. Ill never catch a break and I just dont know if Im strong enough to handle this.
And all my family was more worried about being inconvenienced if they have to help me, like its just a joy ride for me. Idk what do now and im pretty hurt.

Last edited:
I can attest to this also, I remember one of my first experiences with methAmp was during opiate WD years ago and I stayed up for like 4 days, crashed and slept for 1 day and woke up feeling fine. I didnt know what was going on but I was sure thankful. However adderall just would make it so so so much worse. Strange things!

Wow, I always had the opposite experience! The speed made my anxiety way worse than it already was. I guess that everybody's brain chemistry is different.

Stay safe, my friend!

Opioid withdrawal……whats amazing for that….

Oxycodone IR 40-80mg
Ritalin IR 50mg / Dexedrine 15-20mg IR
Valium 20mg
Klonopin 1mg
Ativan 2mg
Pregabalin 300mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg oral jel cap

All pulverized in a stout spirit glass….few oz of warm bottled water, swirl around until full dissolved, add sweet OJ or pineapple……swirl and down the catch….chased by another juice & cold water mix

30min that Powerful, Euphoric, pleasurable ecstasy creeps in lol

1 hour and you’re In Heaven ;) …..slowly smoking a premium cigarette with a Jin. 2oz cocktail

Last edited:
My amazing Brompton Cocktail would be my first choice…..and my “last meal” if ever on the way out

….but realistically and medically the correct answer would be to take a low therapeutic dose of oral Methadone 30mg is the standard safe starting dose to an opioid dependant user with a tolerance

Then the dose is reduced by 1mg per day…..in a month you’ll be near ready to jump off Methadone, perhaps a few more weeks of taking 0.5mg of Methadone daily, then every other day……perhaps adding Clonidine 0.1mg tablets taken half tablet in morning and whole tablets prior to bed

As I’ve said before …..Clonidine 0.1mg tablets can EASILY go head-to-head with any anxiolytic benzodiazepine and hold its own. Clonidine is absolutely invaluable as a useful med for opioid/benzo/stimulant/tobacco/alcohol withdrawal…..and has VERY prominent anxiolytic properties.

Reducing norepinephrine in the brain (bodies fight or flight neurotransmitter) in addition to reducing blood pressure and heart rate. I’d give it to someone suffering an intense panic attack and tell them it was a Valium 10mg tablet.

They’d be praising Valium as the best anxiolytic on earth lol…good ol’ Clonidine :)

I think it's the dopamine and cascades of downstream activity happening here. I'd imagine meth and cocaine to be better at keeping opioid wd at bay than amphetamine but I'm not sure, done neither of it for that purpose but used dissociatives which seem to have an additional direct mu opioid receptor modulating activity but of course also cause loads of dopamine to be dumped out into the synaptic cleft. Dopamine agonists are proven to limit even naloxone induced opioid withdrawal (check PubMed) and of course while withdrawing one will be low on dopamine. Dopa also keeps norepinephrine down, but unfortunately it too is a precursor to that so always towards the end of a dosage one will get surges of anxiety and physical stimulation/discomfort. This is seen in people using speed as well (at least in an ex-buddy who was scripted high doses of dexedrine).

In my experience any speedy, stimulating drug kicks my WDs into overdrive. I dunno if it's the metabolism speeding up and getting rig off the opiates or just the side effects from amphet/ coke are so similar to those of withdrawing that I confuse the two. Either way the only thing to ever help my Opi WDs is benzos, kratom-barely, and of course other Opi... but every brain is different, especially mine. If you can find anything to keep the heel that is WD more power to you!

Dopa also keeps norepinephrine down, but unfortunately it too is a precursor to that so always towards the end of a dosage one will get surges of anxiety and physical stimulation/discomfort.
This is why you take more speed once you feel discomfort creeping up on you lol :LOL:

Yo I thought you users of speed while w-d from opis were, for lack of a better word and with all due respect, INSANE. Still...day 3 of detox from... 4 months of H oxy morphine whatever I could get my hands on, a lil bit of Ritalin is helping quite a bit with extremely difficult tasks like getting out of bed ...maybe because I m also quitting coke ( yeah, vivin la vida loca these last few months...) anyway as long as it works cheers!