• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why I disaprove of E

Fuck all of you who haven't given the Mole a chance. He is relating personal subjective experience of his friend, whom everybody can see has been very foolish. Thanks to everyone that pointed out the obvious.
I thought he kept his sermonising to a minimum, compared to the sermonising in favour of ecstacy that he copped in return. We sometimes sound like preachers when we sing the praises of e, if you look at it reflectively.
I think posts like these are extremely valuable, and provide a much needed counterbalance to the current ecstacy trends of getting as fucked up as possible, as quickly as possible, and as young as possible. Christ, look at what is happening amongst the high schools in the US. As an experienced ecstacy user that makes me very uncomfortable. Who am I to deny these kids the chance to grow up, learn lessons and develop their identity and consciousness. On the other hand, how can i tolerate that kids this young are getting wasted more often and to a much greater extent than I ever have and probably ever will.
Recognise your biases, but don't be so quick to trot them out. We sound like religious zealots sometimes in defense of ecstacy.
Let's have some rational, responsible, informed debate around here, and less questions about how to get more fucked up. Last time i checked this was still an ecstacy discussion board promoting harm minimisation and responsible use.
cheers
pinger
[This message has been edited by pinger (edited 15 December 2000).]

yeah, people on x do looked fucked. but the good thing about x is that you know what you are doing, unlike other drugs like alochol and anything else. and you feel really happy. your friend is an idiot, people like that shouldnt even do drugs if they cant control how much they use it. since i having been taking x, i have made friends with like 30 people at my school and thats no shit. so far it has helped me for the good, but if u dont like it, dont do it. also, its hard to make a opinion about a drug u havent even used. try it once and we'll be the one telling you to slow down.
damon

Well put Pinger!! Some of you should really think before you post
I think that's the last thing he should be thinking about!! I agree that I have learned allot from this board, but in the beginning I was just looking to this site to reassure myself that it was OK for me to be doing "E"!! Why not, look at everyone else that's do it, no known reported deaths linked directly to it...how bad can it be?? I certainly feel the effects, I have managed to be able to control my panic attacks. I am mainly faced with frustration because I see an equal amount of intelligence and stupidity on this site. The majority of people on this board ready to flame anyone who has anything negative to say about "the miracle drug" that we all love so much.
"E" is a mind altering drug, in the beginning I thought that E made me in general a happier person (I was pretty happy to begin with), but something changed, I looked at everything differently it was like life in general was just better. I found what I thought could be a new lifestyle for me - "raves"!! It was perfect, not because of the drugs, but because of all the wonderful people I met, the sense of unity and the right to individually express yourself without being judged. In turn what I see now is an opportunity to see allot of kids who just want to get fucked up. How many of you on a regular basis party sober?
Mole..I said it once and I'll say it again, stand strong on your decision not to try E. Everyone here talks about using in moderation and I too at 25yrs. old thought I could keep it under moderation but I'll be honest when I say it only took me 5mons. before I started using every weekend.
Take care and much luv!!

Learn to spell dissaprove and curious and then I'll give your argument some consideration.

thumbs up for pinger and studio_54; glad u came back with comments mole. watcha gonna do now?
hey sun_of: i used to spend £200 on a good boozing night. i now spend £21 for pills. check out the exchange rate and do the maths. welcome to london.
------------------
my previous signature was just as lame as this one is
[This message has been edited by beelzabuba (edited 15 December 2000).]

derrrr everyone knows that drugs are bad for you.
personally, i think it all depends on the person. if you're smart, well-rounded, making decent money, and you know your limits, them by all means - ROLL YOUR ASS OFF! but if you have no self-control, no job, cant have fun sober, or you're just flat-out DUMB, then dont bother. it will only lead to problems more complicated than you can handle. i've seen it happen.
just have some common sense, people. and whoever posted this thread, dont knock something until you try it. nuff said.
oh happy friday everyone
smile.gif

what if u r a smart, well rounded, earning well, in control sort of guy and prolonged rolling you ass off makes u dumb, jobless, lacking control and temperamental.
what do u do then? ask for a refund?
------------------
my previous signature was just as lame as this one is

aksdyhfqlaiuyfoalkrefyoa;wifhqjyha; auawoeiyfz;ajhro
That's what i think of that...
------------------
"I'm drunk, I'm nobody; I'm drunk, I'm famous; I'm drunk I'm fucking dead"-- Denis Leary
AIM:beener1181

i just said this in another thread but whatever......THIS ISN'T A FUCKING SPELLING CONTEST PEOPLE. who gives a shit if someone spells a word wrong. i'm sure you can get the idea they're trying to get across -without being pretentious.

mam thats just ur opinion of X... estacy is not my life but is a part of it, u are intitled to your opinnion and so am i
------------------
< Ant Nothin but a chicken wing on a string >

mam thats just ur opinion of X... estacy is not my life but is a part of it, u are intitled to your opinnion and so am i
------------------
< Ant Nothin but a chicken wing on a string >

Hmmm, Mommy says it's pretentious to spell correctly and expect others to do such an intelligent thing. Well, this probably deserves its own thread but I'll say it anyway: Society is getting dumber and we're just expected to lower our expectations so everybody is equal. Fuck that! Written communication such as this demands good grammar and spelling to avoid misunderstanding. How many times have you seen a thread get misunderstood because people have a hard time expressing themselves in written form? I hardly think it's pretentious to expect someone who is trying to convince others of his argument to take the time to make sure he's using the correct words or spelling. And if it is, then I'm pretentious.
...end of yet another rant
------------------
...drugs are bad, M'Kay?

Ever heard of MK Ultra? Back in the fifties (before those bad 'ol hippies [sarcasm alert!]) good old Uncle Sam aka the US Army gave soldiers a whole bunch of LSD to see what it would do to them. Yee haw.
As far as the rolling issue...the last couple times I ate pills, I didn't roll (gasp! eek!)! It really sucked because I realized I was rolling too often. I only roll about once a month, too. So I'm taking a nice long break from all that yummy MDMA out there. I encourage others to do the same.
Bobby
------------------
PLURR isn't a dogma or a doctrine or a mandate...it's an idea. It's an idea I believe in and I'm going to try to spread it. If more people believe in PLURR, the scene will improve for everyone. If you do one little thing to make a rave fun for one person, you've made a difference. That's what it's really about.

Exx-head:
Mommy has also not mastered the art of the question mark. If my spelling is poor, it's because this isn't my native language (I have the luxury of haveing an excuse).
What really gets me is the following:
I wonder if these people are really concerned for our well being or just interested in getting a response. I have a hard time accepting the fact that these people are seriously trying to save our souls and better our lives. I am a skeptic, what can I say? I don't think it's the prospect of having a quasi intelligent debate that draws them, but rather upsetting people.
[This message has been edited by boytictak (edited 18 December 2000).]

For English not being your native language, you express yourself well. Good use of the word quasi. It is underused.
Peace
------------------
...drugs are bad, M'Kay?