• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why Don't You Want To Die?

Because I'm afraid I might miss something.
And I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now :)

Because I'm happy being alive, and I'm quite sure that it isn't possible to be in such a state in death.

If it wasn't for my friends and family that would be sad if I died....I'd already be dead.

I firmly believe in re-birth and a continuum of consciousness, so it's not so much that I fear death as that I fear wasting this life. I want to finish any projects that I've started in this life rather than leaving them incomplete.

Ultimately there is no self to begin with that is capable of dying. By that I mean that when I call myself "myself," that is just a label, and if I call myself by my name, "Mike," that is just a label as well. The self, if you think of it as relating to the body, the mind, emotions, etc., is in constant flux and could be construed as constantly dying and being reborn in new form, instant to instant.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way, so many people take that the wrong way.

Same here. I've told many a people that I'd rather not be alive but I'm not going to jump in front of a bus. Actually, I've tried on several occasions to end it all and I couldn't even do that right so...fuck it. I tried a few times to OD, but my goddamn metabolism wasn't having it. If I die, I die....at least I'd be reunited with my mom. It may sound all doom and gloom, but it's what I live with every day. Cheers!=D

I want to die soon, but life isn't that long anyway, not even a blink of an eye in cosmic terms. I've lived almost 30 years so far, surely I can endure another 120. Plus there's an off chance I might find a way to actually enjoy some of them. Plus I'd like to see what happens, out of scientific curiosity. Oh, and kids and family and friends and stuff.

B/c I want to experience as much of this life as I can.
I think it is a gift to taste, touch, smell- I don't think I will have these things after I pass........
I want to live b/c I want to enjoy as long as I can here.

On a serious note I this is an interesting thread. I've been going through a very strange existential funk ontop of symptoms of depersonalisation/foggy head, that general sort of lost feeling. I feel like I constantly question the point of it all and usually come to the conclusion that there is none (this is probably better for another thread on this forum) Sometimes it goes away but I've found life unenjoyable, not terrible just very bland neutral and unemotive. But something stops me wanting to die and I have no idea what it is. Maybe it's just the hope that I'll pull through that keeps me going.

To all the people who do not want to die because they still have things in life to do, let me ask a question. Does it really matter what you do in life if you die and then don't have any perception? if you live your life as a heroin addict who would kill for some cash or mother theresa once you die your in the same place and what you did is pretty irrelevant.

As for myself, I don't want to die because I like being able to enjoy things in life even if they wont matter eventually. But im not afriad of death i just hope it isn't how i think it is.

I do want to die. However, after 3 failed attempts, I'll just wait for my final speedball OD instead of doing it now. Life anymore is just tiresome. I'd love to lay down to sleep and never wake up.

sorry not to give a reasonable harm reduction advice

but since you're set on dying before age takes you away (which i won't argue with as i understand and feel similar), please consider keeping a paper on you explaining that the overdose was meant and that the drugs are not to blame
thank you

because life is the greatest gift
some people see death as a much more precious gift than life

it means the end of suffering for them