• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Don't I Get Addicted to Cigarettes?

Ive smoked tobacco on and off for 6 years, but easily go weeks/months without it.

I have gonee through periods of a year where i smoke 10 roll-ups a day and just stop with the click of a finger.

I recall reading something about Tobacco being more addictive than Heroin and Crack.

If I take heroin or crack for 1 month solid, i will have horrible withdrawals, crave it and struggle.
If I smoke tobacco for 1 YEAR solid, then i have no trouble stopping.

I have an unopened pouch in my pocket right now....Cant be fucked with tobacco unless im on kratom, alcohol, stimulants or opiates. And I never jsut smoke pure rollies these days anyway, always have to put a bit of puff in there.

Can anyone enlighten me on the Heroin/Tobacco correlation point that i made?

Yesterday I was upset with my girlfriend as I was walking to my car. I keep a pack of cigs in there for who knows what. Anyway, I decided it was the right time to smoke a cig to offset the pissed off feeling I had over my girl. It worked perfectly. Nice 10 min buzz (for me) and the angry feeling was muted maybe 80or so %. Probably won't smoke again for a week or two- no urge. I "choose" to smoke no addiction. Glad to see there are others that can control their nicotine like me.