• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why does my pain spike

Have you been on these for a while? Did they ever work for you? If your pain is actively worse after the pills should be kicking in, you're dealing with a paradoxical effect, which is definitely something that can happen with opioids. Talk to your doctor.

What type of pain are you dealing with?
Right now I'm dealing with muscle contraction pain or some kind of NEW stitch in my right side I have never had before. It doesn't hurt when I stretch to the left, but hurts like a mother when I bent to the right. I tried getting up and stretching it but it hurts so much worse. I have 25 mcg fentanyl patch and I took 2 tizanadine muscle relaxors plus 30 mg ir morphine and NO HELP. I don't know what to do:( damn this hurts!!!

Try a higher strength patch, 25mcg/h seems a little low to me.

Last edited:
I have similar issues as the OP and have taken opiates for 15 years. I've found that I get addicted to them super quick now and that once I'm addicted to them my pain is worse all the time even when I take them. I've found they are only effective for short term use when pain is really bad.

Those are 'flareups' and disc damage in bone and joints (cartilage) are chronic flare-ups.

They hurt never the less.

I am so sorry that you are suffering. They do work best when taken 'as needed.' Paradoxical indeed.

Say prayers, eat healthy, stay hydrated. Try to rest a lot on certain days ?

Take Care. I hope that your doctor can help you.

Last edited:
what the two above said

also, with that kind of condition (me too, btw) we definitely have to accept there is going be pain which we need to tolerate (of course we will need to medicate sometmes, the bare minimum is usually best allround)