• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Why does gabapentinoids cause stimulation?

Ne0

Bluelighter
I've notices with any gabapentinoid, be et pregabalin , gabapentin or phenibut you get energy and get stimulated. I usually get lots of shit done on pregabalin starting from dose 300mg, much better than real stimulants, because something like amphetamines might make you do useless stuff, on pregabalin I apply to job go to interviews, yeah the effect will go away in long term, but I now use it only few times a month for 3 days (found that this is max for me so that I won't start to get WD's from it). Also I did 2g daily for 4 months, but now I take only 300mg and get much better effect, I never go over 600mg again, after that the effect is nasty, so less is more with pregabalin.

Benzodiatsepines do not cause any stimulation or energy in me, so I dont get anything done. So gabapentinoids seem more close to GHB and alcohol, because both of them also makes people usually energetic, does gabapentinoids relase dopamine? I know benzos don't. Also I've found phenibut and pregabalin with high doses without tolerance can cause very strong euphoria and even makes me even more empathic, almost like ecstasy. I'd like to know what happens in brains. I knwo that gabapentinoids are very close to GHB which have sometimes very similiar effects, but GHB is not calclium blocker (which is not reason for the effects of gabapentinoids?). Does some gaba receptors cause dopamine burts, only gaba-drugs that don't seem to cause any euphoria is benzos, all the others do, alcohol in isntance can in some cases release so much dopamine that almost feels like speed come up, but to my knowledge it does not do this because of gaba realese, but alcohol also acts in brains that causes dopamine (can't remember the name).

Last edited:
It’s not stimulation per se, not in the biblical sense. The harmony of voltage gated calcium channels cleaning the lines. I do believe there is some dopamine released with Gabapentin and also Phenibut. But secondary to its molecular job!!