• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why does baclofen has such wildly conflicting reports as to its subjective effects?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Why does baclofen have such wildly conflicting reports as to its subjective effects?

Also goes for gabapentin.

It seems completely random as to whether one person likes it or another despises it and its effects.

Some say it is the best sleep aid they have ever used; beating out benzoes and the like. Others say they can't sleep for many hours after taking it and are laid in bed wide awake.

Some say its effects feel very similar, even indistinguishable from phenibut; while others say it has 'absolutely no recreational value whatsoever'.

And even for duration there is no agreements. Some say 4 or 5 hours while others say it lasts 24 hours.

Wtf is going on here? It is a similar story for gabapentin too. I don't get why phenibut and ghb of which the aforementioned are so closely related, have rather predictably pleasant experience reports within normal dose ranges; whereas gabapentin and baclofen just seem all over the map in terms of what effects they will cause.

Last edited:
I was on pharmaceutical, brand name Baclofen 10mg 3x a day! I was originally prescribed Soma (carisoprodol), but I got my script in late 2004 or maybe even early 2005. The ride to the pharmacy was the most exciting times of my life, rivaling the trips to the pharmacy for even 200mL Hycodan syrup (hydrocodone) or 60 Oxycocet 5's. I was already on methadone at a whooping 200mg a day, taking 4mg clonazepam along with 0.3mg clonidine, oh yea and about 2mg Cessamet (nabilone)...a synthetic cannabinoid. The 1st pharmacy didn't have it, neither did the 2nd pharmacy. About 2hrs of driving later, having hit up literally every pharmacy in the city give or take a few, eventually one pharmacy called their headquarter where they said their biggest supply was. The pharmacists informed me that not long, actually several months ago carisoprodol was withdrawn from the Canadian market! That as many pharmacies I would try, the chances of finding any would be zero to none.

I asked for meprobamate but the psychiatrist told me it wasn't a muscle relaxant. This is how I got stuck with Baclofen.

Anyways, I was extremely let down, demoralized even, but I saw people on bluelight and other forums saying it was similar to GHB and that it was better than most benzos. This of course made me curious and the 1st day I decided to take (in the evening, so 8hrs after methadone) 2 pills. I felt slightly 'drunk' and off balance but nothing special, so I took 1 more (30mg). I didn't feel an increase in effects so I went to bed. The next morning I felt the worst nausea ever, worse than alcohol, I started throwing up violently for a good hour.

I repeated the experience with only 1 pill (10mg) only to wake up the next morning and throw up.

I've had GHB on 1 occasion at only a light dose (2g) and it was wonderful, absolutely nothing like the garbage that is Baclofen. I gave the rest to a few people, one friend of mine who said he never throws up from anything had the very same reaction to this drug, as did everyone else.

Some people have this reaction to baclofen but I've never heard of it up 10mg ingestion. All I can tell you is higher ingestions usually will cause manic reactions.

For gabapentin a lot of the problem comes with its very sensitive oral bioavailability.

i've dosed baclofen more times than i can count attempting to see what the deal is, ranging from 10mg-100mg.... never felt anything, absolutely nothing. no pain relief, no sedation, no stimulation, no muscle-relaxation, not bad, not good, no side effects, no feeling of any kind... nothing. they were a legit RX.

I was prescribed baclofen for cocaine addiction, being told my old sub doc it had been proven to work for some coke addicts/alcoholics to get off either coke or alcohol easier when I started sub maintenance. It did absolutely nothing for me as well, except make me a little drowsy during the day. I still craved coke like a mofo too, this medicine is very strange. I felt no muscle relaxation from it nor any difference in the way I felt about cocaine. IT DOES NOT AT ALL STOP COCAINE CRAVINGS! If anything it made me want to do more coke because it made me kind of drowsy. Baclofen sucks imo I discontinued using it after about 2 weeks of trying to make it work.