• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Why do you want to quit heroin?

gingertabby

Greenlighter
Hi, been off H for a few days, and on low doses of Methadone (like 50 mg per day) been using H for over a decade now, and my list of reasons to quit just keeps growing...
It expensive AF and sometimes i cant fuckin buy me food
It makes me completely fuckin useless as in i just want to lay down and smoke cigs all day, but not because i have no energy, it just makes me completely uninterested in ANYTHING and anyone
I get random depression moments, deep, dark, existential dread type shit... I am seriously tired of that
I have stuff to do fr and i've left it undone for years lol
Not sure what the psychological and physical effects are in the long run, but if i ever need a blood transfusion, i'd be royally fucked because pretty much no usable veins left, only tiny ones that i use, of course.
I feel more dead than alive. Numbness can slowly fuck with your spirit. I am very unfamiliar with the feelings that non users experience, especially their will to live, lol.
I want to feel how i felt when i didnt use but ion think i am even that person anymore
I think my brain is fried and sometimes i have no motivation or reason enough to stop idk
Oh and the digestive problems it gave me... Think i'll keep those to meself, xo

It makes me completely fuckin useless
This. It's a very unfunctional drug.

You can't do anything productive while high, and when you aren't high you won't be doing much either.

No real personal life growth opportunity with heroin. After so many years I think the impetus to change so you can grow as a person becomes more apparent.

It redefines what "happiness" or "feeling good" feels like, both literally and figuratively. In that way, it steals your soul.

then it all became shitty fentanyl in the US, several friends died, its just not even worth it anymore

thats just me tho

Man the first time i tried it, i swear to dog that the next day my whole perspective of life changed, i became a shady, shoegazy person.
People think i exaggerate when i say shit like "it steals your soul" Nah, it's for fucking real. Must be the fact that it's better than sex.
you literally lose interests in things that made your heart happy, things you lived for... That's serious shit.

Hi, been off H for a few days, and on low doses of Methadone (like 50 mg per day) been using H for over a decade now, and my list of reasons to quit just keeps growing...
It expensive AF and sometimes i cant fuckin buy me food
It makes me completely fuckin useless as in i just want to lay down and smoke cigs all day, but not because i have no energy, it just makes me completely uninterested in ANYTHING and anyone
I get random depression moments, deep, dark, existential dread type shit... I am seriously tired of that
I have stuff to do fr and i've left it undone for years lol
Not sure what the psychological and physical effects are in the long run, but if i ever need a blood transfusion, i'd be royally fucked because pretty much no usable veins left, only tiny ones that i use, of course.
I feel more dead than alive. Numbness can slowly fuck with your spirit. I am very unfamiliar with the feelings that non users experience, especially their will to live, lol.
I want to feel how i felt when i didnt use but ion think i am even that person anymore
I think my brain is fried and sometimes i have no motivation or reason enough to stop idk
Oh and the digestive problems it gave me... Think i'll keep those to meself, xo
Totally get u there honestly I felt the same way and that's wat drove me to keep going up on the methodone because I simply wanted to just see if anything would actually change not even thinking ag all it would and for 2 months it was all the same shit haha But the one thing that changed immediately was when i thought about just saying fuc it and getting high i would instantly feel even worse like i actually did the dope and was feeling the after affects and did didnt want to feel worse . And finally that 3rd month I split my dose , my opioid receptors must had recovered and I started getting fucked up on the methadone, it started working like I NEVEr thought it could I was amazed I still am , u just gotta roll the dice man , if u can go up enough on the done to kill the sick just zig instead of zag . I really didn't work at it didn't go to meetings feel like I did just to spite myself and it worked lol

Totally get u there honestly I felt the same way and that's wat drove me to keep going up on the methodone because I simply wanted to just see if anything would actually change not even thinking ag all it would and for 2 months it was all the same shit haha But the one thing that changed immediately was when i thought about just saying fuc it and getting high i would instantly feel even worse like i actually did the dope and was feeling the after affects and did didnt want to feel worse . And finally that 3rd month I split my dose , my opioid receptors must had recovered and I started getting fucked up on the methadone, it started working like I NEVEr thought it could I was amazed I still am , u just gotta roll the dice man , if u can go up enough on the done to kill the sick just zig instead of zag . I really didn't work at it didn't go to meetings feel like I did just to spite myself and it worked lol
Dunno how long were u hooked on it but wow it's actually rare to hear someone quitting all by themselves... Did u take a large dose of Methadone? I am on 50 mgs and it's barely enough but ion wanna up the dosage... I did go to meetings but not every day... NA something about it makes me nervous and even crave. The people in there or just the fact that im getting out of my house idk.
I said fuck it and just got high infinite times and today something crazy happened, this idiot who always makes me relapse on purpose because he's trash came to my house with a half gram of white and i literally told him to fuck off.
I didnt know i was capable of saying no to it when having it so close, but honestly, my heart aches right now 😢😢😢
I think imma take 10 more miligrams of methadone before bed

For me it was largely the pain in the ass that comes from dealing with "those people". I came off it with buvidal (slow release buprenorphine, as in slow release over 6 weeks with little to no w/ds) and have dabbled since but after getting a bad hit (I thought fentanyl but here in the UK there are a number of different synthetic opioids that are very potent and are making their way into cuts - lots of people dying. After nearly 12 years of using on and off I'd never gone over but this was straight to black before a naloxone hit brought me out. Tolerance was normal as I'd been using for 2 weeks and it was a normal sized hit so something was wrong). Anyway, a combination of these things and more make me think it's just not worth it. They are trying to kill us with these cuts (I reckon it's an intelligence op), the hassle of being an addict, having to score, no one being on at certain times and having to "rattle" (what we call w/ds), the cost overall of sustaining a habit and supporting a vicious cycle of horrific violence thar is not only killing addicts but also grooming kids to become vicious crooks in themselves, whether in Jalisco or whether in Manchester - these things and more are enough for me to think that it isn't worth it. I think that we need to build a revolutionary organisation, tax the fck out of the dealers and put that money into helping all elements of the community because we know that the government won't do it. And if I'm high, I will never get onto this work myself.

Hi, been off H for a few days, and on low doses of Methadone (like 50 mg per day) been using H for over a decade now
And Meth is WORSE than the Junk, I have used since 2001.

You think you know low moods now? You will be writing a Suicide note soon & thinking of jumping off a bridge I promise you.

I have felt the same thing about my brain being fried, because for me the only thing that makes me feel normal is when I take my methadone in the morning. For those 3 hours after I take my dose I feel like normal or what I suspect a normal person should feel like. But at the same time I dont think your brain is fried, the human body has an amazing ability to heal itself. Your opioid receptors will eventually rewire themselves and learn to live without the drug, it just may take some time, which is why recovering addicts deal with depression and shit, becasue we have a very low amount of dopamine to start when we first get in recovery. My advice would be to continue with the methadone, get off the boy, it really is soul stealing. And fuck, if you need to be on methadone or suboxone for the rest of your life, who cares? I have long ago accepted the likely fact that I will have to be on one of those meds for the rest of my life, and I'm ok with that. I wasn't at first, I questioned everything, like why the fuck did this happen to me, why God, WHY? But I have since accepted it, it's no different than a diabetic having to take insulin for the rest of their lives or someone with MS having to take their meds so they can live a somewhat normal life. Addiction is a disease, a fucking bad one, a chronic relapsing and sometimes fatal disease. The good thing is that there are proven medications (subs, methadone) that can help those of us with this disease to live normal productive lives.

You think you know low moods now? You will be writing a Suicide note soon & thinking of jumping off a bridge I promise you.
Meth comedowns make you wish you were dead, but heroin makes you beg for it.

People raging after being narcan'd back to life is the ultimate irony.

You ever seen someone beg for a revolver with 1 randomly placed bullet? Ever seen a surgery patient be enraged when they wake up from that blackness of anesthesia?

That's the insidiousness of heroin or fentanyl. Death disguised as comfort. The ultimate trickster. I believe Christians would call that Satan incarnate.

Last edited:
And Meth is WORSE than the Junk, I have used since 2001.

I've gotten off of it before, so i already know that. Would still take it over heroin any day.

Last edited:
For me it was largely the pain in the ass that comes from dealing with "those people". I came off it with buvidal (slow release buprenorphine, as in slow release over 6 weeks with little to no w/ds) and have dabbled since but after getting a bad hit (I thought fentanyl but here in the UK there are a number of different synthetic opioids that are very potent and are making their way into cuts - lots of people dying. After nearly 12 years of using on and off I'd never gone over but this was straight to black before a naloxone hit brought me out. Tolerance was normal as I'd been using for 2 weeks and it was a normal sized hit so something was wrong). Anyway, a combination of these things and more make me think it's just not worth it. They are trying to kill us with these cuts (I reckon it's an intelligence op), the hassle of being an addict, having to score, no one being on at certain times and having to "rattle" (what we call w/ds), the cost overall of sustaining a habit and supporting a vicious cycle of horrific violence thar is not only killing addicts but also grooming kids to become vicious crooks in themselves, whether in Jalisco or whether in Manchester - these things and more are enough for me to think that it isn't worth it. I think that we need to build a revolutionary organisation, tax the fck out of the dealers and put that money into helping all elements of the community because we know that the government won't do it. And if I'm high, I will never get onto this work myself.
Aye having to worry about scoring or what will happen if u dont is wack.
And not knowing what it's cut with is also insane.
Where i'm from, there are no rehab places or any kind of help for opiate addicts because government literally wants us dead.
Getting the little methadone i have now was a pain in the ass and i'll have to do it again soon.
Glad i'm on such a low dose.

Last edited:
Meth comedowns make you wish you were dead, but heroin makes you beg for it.

People raging after being narcan'd back to life is the ultimate irony.

You ever seen someone beg for a revolver with 1 randomly placed bullet? Ever seen a surgery patient be enraged when they wake up from that blackness of anesthesia?

That's the insidiousness of heroin or fentanyl. Death disguised as comfort. The ultimate trickster. I believe Christians would call that Satan incarnate.
Beautifully put.

Xanax withdrawals are worse BY FAR than heroin. I’ve quit an opioid habit several times, and while you feel like absolute shit for a week, maybe ten days, then it’s all over but the PAWS (bad enough, but with therapy and NA you can weather it.) However, Xanax withdrawal had me so anxious that it was agony. Ants under my skin, feeling like crawling the walls, miserable every waking second. And that didn’t ease up for THREE MONTHS. And it took a solid YEAR to finally experience an anxiety-free moment! Never again. Benzos are the devil, they should only be used short-term or as landing gear

Xanax withdrawals are worse BY FAR than heroin. I’ve quit an opioid habit several times, and while you feel like absolute shit for a week, maybe ten days, then it’s all over but the PAWS (bad enough, but with therapy and NA you can weather it.) However, Xanax withdrawal had me so anxious that it was agony. Ants under my skin, feeling like crawling the walls, miserable every waking second. And that didn’t ease up for THREE MONTHS. And it took a solid YEAR to finally experience an anxiety-free moment! Never again. Benzos are the devil, they should only be used short-term or as landing gear
Oh feel ya i've heard horrific stories about benzo WDs the thing is opioid recovery can be somewhat linear and u can know what to expect but since benzos fuck with ur mind way more, it can take people years to get off of them... Heard they have sick amounts of fluoride??? That would make sense. I cannot fathom the mental torture it must be for you 😥

Heard they have sick amounts of fluoride??? That would make sense.
I got no idea what you mean by 'sick levels of fluoride' and how in relation to what this would 'make sense'.

Some benzodiazepines are fluorinated, such as flualprazolam and flubromazolam. They contain one fluorine atom, and that's not the same thing as sodium fluoride, nor does it equate to a massive concentration.
These medications have been linked to seizures in some patients ; however since most of said patients consumed them in conjunction with either opiates or alcohol, we can't be certain to what extent the seizures are specifically to blame on the benzos alone.

On the other hand, neither acute nor chronic fluoride poisoning causes seizures. Acute poisoning will give you mainly gastric symptoms, while chronic ingestion causes kidney failure - and fir that to happen you'd have to be taking in upwards of 10 mg daily for an extended period of time (this can happen when ground water is abnormally rich in fluoride).

So no, whatever odd idea you seem to have in your head about fluoride has nothing to do with the mental effects of benzodiazepine withdrawal.

I got no idea what you mean by 'sick levels of fluoride' and how in relation to what this would 'make sense'.

Some benzodiazepines are fluorinated, such as flualprazolam and flubromazolam. They contain one fluorine atom, and that's not the same thing as sodium fluoride, nor does it equate to a massive concentration.
These medications have been linked to seizures in some patients ; however since most of said patients consumed them in conjunction with either opiates or alcohol, we can't be certain to what extent the seizures are specifically to blame on the benzos alone.

On the other hand, neither acute nor chronic fluoride poisoning causes seizures. Acute poisoning will give you mainly gastric symptoms, while chronic ingestion causes kidney failure - and fir that to happen you'd have to be taking in upwards of 10 mg daily for an extended period of time (this can happen when ground water is abnormally rich in fluoride).

So no, whatever odd idea you seem to have in your head about fluoride has nothing to do with the mental effects of benzodiazepine withdrawal.
Trust you to know all this stuff, your family having people in the medical field and all 😁