• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why did lsd use drop suddenly in the year 2000 in the U.S?

Bare_head

Bluelighter
So i was reading a bit about albert hofmann tonight and got onto reading about recreational use of lsd. Noticed a graph that shows a massive drop is LSD use in the year 2020. Although the data seems to suggest this was for people years 12 and older who used LSD. Cant work how to copy paste a picture on my phone. But is there any big reason for this that i seem to be overlooking?

So i was reading a bit about albert hofmann tonight and got onto reading about recreational use of lsd. Noticed a graph that shows a massive drop is LSD use in the year 2020. Although the data seems to suggest this was for people years 12 and older who used LSD. Cant work how to copy paste a picture on my phone. But is there any big reason for this that i seem to be overlooking?
Saya who? Where u getting that data from? Is that source even trustworthy? From.what I've seen/experienced/heard LSD has actually had a resurgeance the past 10 years, the purity has increased, there's really good acid out there, it's cheap AND there's a LOT of it.

Ok so it was a wikpedia entry. Source not known. It says estimated first time use. So maybe its just first time users that it has seemed to habe gone down? That would make more sense i guess

As you can also see from the graph. The steep decline came around 2000-2003 and it only has until 2008 so i believe it could be back to older numbers now. Would be interested to see graph till 2020

Leonard Pickard was producing most of the LSD for the US, if not the world, back in those days. He got busted and his operation shut down. There was a massive drought of LSD and into it flooded the DOXs into the market (DOC, DOB, DOI), followed by the NBOMes (much worse). Fortunately, now there is a lot of LSD production in the world and we're back to having tons of real LSD back in the scene.

Pickard got busted in a missle silo with enough precursor that could of made like 2 trillion hits of acid

Boom

It was gone unless you knew someone.....I was going to festivals a lot back them and it was sudden and immediately gone

Dood musta been making a duck ton for years

LSD never dried up here it was always available but yeah pickard was supplying most of america and europe but there were still smaller lsd chemists out there and since our country is so small the lsd consumption is low anyway so the entire years supply only requires a few grams to keep the psychedelic scene going.

Pickard was making LSD since the 70's his precursors were from germany and czech republic from legitimate companies selling a certain ergot alkaloid still around his bust they also shut down that source.

100 percent of my LSD in the 90s passed thru a dead show parking lot. When did Jerry Garcia die?

Pickard got busted in a missle silo with enough precursor that could of made like 2 trillion hits of acid

Boom

It was gone unless you knew someone.....I was going to festivals a lot back them and it was sudden and immediately gone

Dood musta been making a duck ton for years

Yeah IIRC it was approximately 12, maybe 13 metric duck tons, I found this photo of the cops seizing it:

giant_rubber_duck.png.860x0_q70_crop-scale.png

Estimates put Pickard producing a kilogram of LSD crystal every five weeks.

That's fucking bananas.

I believe there was an accident in the lab - a chinese man was stirring the vat in loose-fitting brogues that were a bit slippy. He went headfirst over the rail into the vat. By the time they got to the vat ironically enough all they could find were his brogues.