• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why can't I get a buzz from oxycodone?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I'm not sure what category this should go into so mods feel free to move this if necessary. I'm a BL noob but a long time lurker on the forums:D

So I have these pure oxycodone 5mg (instant release) pills and I can't seem to catch this opiate "buzz" everyone seems to like a lot. I just took 10mg orally with 25mg of hydroxyzine for any potential nausea and extra sedation. It's been about an hour and I'm still not feeling anything so I just took another 5mg sublingually and snorted 5mg and I can't tell if I'm feeling much of anything yet. Am I doing something wrong or not taking enough? I don't have any tolerance so I would think 20mg should be enough but I honestly haven't noticed anything yet. What is the best way to get a nice noticeable buzz? I also don't want to overdo it and throw up violently all night (happened to a friend of mine) but I don't have the experience with opiates to know how much is too much.

Its only been a hour. Give it a bit more time before redosing again. Oxy and most opioids can feel like next to nothing until that one time you hit the sweetspot and all is well. But often they do not blow us away early on in use at lower doses. Tread carefully though. Once you feel it, its hard to let go.

Would smoking a little weed help at all? Sometimes with other drugs (especially when taken orally) they don't really kick in until I smoke a bowl. Would that be worth a try?

You will certainly get high and many love weed and oxy together but you may also not feel the oxy in its own glory.

I think that's all it took I just smoked a bowl and feel a very different high. It's not even a high it's just pure bliss=D
Either the weed made it kick in for me or it just happened to hit me right then

Yeah I can see why it's so addicting now. I can feel even it more than the weed now. I took another 5mg right before I smoked that bowl so I should be feeling that soon too.