• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

WHY are pills so expensive in the USA?

AlphaNumeric said:
...generally the larger than distance from the source, the more hands and the higher the price. Most MDMA is European made.

I wish it was hands that drugs passed through...

(maybe I should ask my dealer if I can inspect his mule's asshole?);)

Well way back in the 80s, most MDMA in the US was made in the US and it was cheap.
In the 90s we started seeing large scale manufacturing in Europe and must of the E here was imported from europe...By the late 90s it seems to me that the boom in E use started shutting off the supply from europe, choking the supply, and increasing the price.

The simple facts are this. Virtually all MDMA consumed in the US is not made here. The precursors are impossible to get, as mentioned before. In europe, as others have also said, the precursors are much much easier to get and simple bribes keep the police at bay. Massive supply, easy production and distribution = low price.

In the USA, it is my suspicion that since about 2000, much of the E we get here is produced in canada...some now from Asia....my bet is that MDMA powder is produced in eastern europe, smuggled into canada, where they are generally mixed into crap pills, pressed (pill pressers are easy to get in canada, yet again impossible in the USA), and then smuggled into the USA. there are several main distribution points in the USA and then those pills have to pass through many hands, large distances, and much risk to get to your hands.....therefore the price is high.

Its much easier to drive a car though a checkpoint from estonia through germany with a ton of pills than it is to fly/ship those pills over to the US. You DO see some pills from europe on the East coast, but its increasingly rare.

As for the whole meth/amp thing....well its kinda like why some people eat rice and others eat potatoes....because thats whats there. crazy hicks started makin it in the US and its exploded here....just never happened in europe.....but as others have mentioned, its creeping up there and you will see it expand in "popularity" over the next few years i would imagine.

its kinda funny how mexico gets all the shit here in the US for having drug runners and being our drug supplier when i bet you more drugs come in from canada than from mexico.....well maybe except for shit brick weed. but the good weed and the pills, come from canada!

PS, prices in canada are less because that is the manufacturing point....no messy smuggling operations needed, therefore, cheaper!

Hahaha... going through BL have any of you in the USA just thought like

"damn... what if I tried to make MDMA... for FUN?!"

...and then quickly realized that you'd really not know what the fuck you're doing, would get your ass arrested or blown up, and then shafted in jail just because you were sick and tired of paying a high price for mediocre pills?

Yeah... that good idea turned sour quick. Fuck the DEA.

a23dsl said:
Hahaha... going through BL have any of you in the USA just thought like

"damn... what if I tried to make MDMA... for FUN?!"

...and then quickly realized that you'd really not know what the fuck you're doing, would get your ass arrested or blown up, and then shafted in jail just because you were sick and tired of paying a high price for mediocre pills?

Yeah... that good idea turned sour quick. Fuck the DEA.

you have more risk and expense in that then you would if you flew to eastern europe and bought a kilo and taped it to your ass and flew back. not that i would recommend either.

actually ive come across some pretty good pills recently in the good ole USA...it SEEEMS like the canadian pressers are finally getting the message....less meth, more MDMA.

oh and MOLLY has actually shown up recently too. how novel!!

$25 a pill wouldn't fly at all here (northern california). $10 a pill from a stranger is normal. Friend prices or bulk are about $5-$10. Although when we went to southern ca for a massive people were trying to get $20 and we thought they were insane. Still though, $2 a pill would be nice I could damn near scrape up that much change in my car.

MikeyLikesE said:
actually ive come across some pretty good pills recently in the good ole USA...it SEEEMS like the canadian pressers are finally getting the message....less meth, more MDMA.
same here, over the past few months there have been some excellent beans going around. About a year ago there was nothing but garbage.

i cant believe this has issue has never came up.
It varies in the US places that are closer to ports generally have cheaper pills ( like California or florida ) If you are a lucky fucker U can find beans in florida for $5 to $15. Where i live in Chicago the averave price for a pill is $15 to $20. But there are dumb-fucks that pay $25 to $30 for a single pill
When I was 16 i was one of those dumb-asses.....:p P.S. & most of the good pills usually stay toward port cities. We get the speedy , dirty garbage in the mid-west
its really hard to believe in Europe a Roll goes for about the same price as a Valium......
The purest pills i ever took were Pink hearts in Florida around about 2000-2001
I paid $26 for 2 & was ecstatic......

Last edited:
lol, i would be STOKED to get an "ecstacy" pill for $25.

Here in NZ the avg price for avg pills is $60. There's a lot of fakes and weak pills aswell (more now that BZP is getting scheduled)

So yeah, QQ moar :D

Pills are cheap as chips in Canada... Never ever paid more then $10 and usually get them for $6-$8... Canada/US dollars are equal these days. Cheapest drug you can buy by far! If I go to a club and drink it always cost $100+... If I get a few pills its never costs more then $30 for a night out...

Either way I always smoke a few joints along the way... not free but not to expencive either

Edit: Are we allowed to discuss pricing? Moderator feel free to remove my post if its against the rules

Last edited:
Lately i've been getting really cheap x pills in the midwest. I usaully get em from $8-$15 usaully around $10-$12

shortshooter2011 said:
Lately i've been getting really cheap x pills in the midwest. I usaully get em from $8-$15 usaully around $10-$12
Yea & my dick is bigger than yours 8)

JimiHawK* said:
lol, i would be STOKED to get an "ecstacy" pill for $25.

Here in NZ the avg price for avg pills is $60. There's a lot of fakes and weak pills aswell (more now that BZP is getting scheduled)

So yeah, QQ moar :D

fuck mate, that is shocking! We are paying roughly $30-$40 a pop here in Aus - but thats if you are getting them in bulk! $45 for a single one or even higher if the supplier says that they are 'pure'.

People say that we get good bits here and thats why they are always so pricey. One of these days I would love to fly to europe, make a comparison, and be the judge of that :\

recidivism said:
ithought pills were expensive in the US till i went to germany, and the kids there were tellin me the pills are like 20 euros=$30, thats realllly shitty. before i went there i heard that pills were like 5 bucks in europe

no way. even in southern germany the price should not be over 10€. as you go up north the price decreases. even here somewhere south of germany the usual price is 10€. if you're lucky you can get them cheaper like 7-8€. maybe there were as clueless as i was when i bought my first pill. i paid 20€ for it; i think it was because the dealer realized that i had no idea how much a pill should cost :)

i've never heard of $25 a pill and i live in the burbs... i get them like $7 for a single and if its bulk $3 a pill and they're the best pills around. like i can easily sell them for $15, but no one would pay much more than that. whoever is paying $25 a pill is getting ripped the fuck off=\

sypra said:
thats cuz its flown across the world. when i went to colombia i got coke for cheaper than i can get a beer at a bar here in america. ecstasy was rather expensive in colombia. i know u cant have specific price discussion so i wont post numbers.

not its not cause its brought over. omg they would be much higher than that... you can get them in the south from 8-15 american dollars...Its all about supply and demand, and simply you have kids out there taxing an payin their way through school

Well, I live on a little tiny, so everything is expensive here. Rolls are usually $20-$25. A LOT of meth bombs, especially if you pay for a pill less than $20.

MikeyLikesE said:
actually it SEEEMS like the canadian pressers are finally getting the message....less meth, more MDMA.

to our good friends in the Great White North, i concur: LESS METH, MORE MDMA!

if you do, i promise to watch "Degrassi High". just teasing, i love Canada. the most geniune folk i've ever met...

Yeah I used to live near Denver, Colorado and all the pills there were 15-20 and often meth bombs. But also some super amazing pills too

ImpossibleDreamer said:
^^^Here's a good reason: meth is a nasty ass drug. In the US's war on drugs, the crackdown on meth is the one thing I support. Go find a few meth addicts and then ask about less psychotic behaviour.

winner! Meth can suck my left nut, I avoid it like the plague...it's just dirty, cheap, and easy. It has no use as a tool for me.

LSD, MDMA, shrooms, Salvia, count me in for ANY of them...

edit: for the last year, all the local E has been crappy meth bombs or just plain ass WEAK. I found a supplier that so far, has been spot on.....and it's like a new drug...I don't take E more than once a month.....longer if I can...

Last edited:
Go Can'adinya...

costumed-smiley-045.gif

mixed-smiley-018.gif

smilie_flagge17.gif

In Sydney,
I'd say $20-30 single is about average.

Remove price if this is considered a
price thread...(?)
(it seems
to be
the price thread
you're havin'
when you're not havin' a price thread ;) )

PEACE
UnS
:)