• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why are drugs really illegal?

jdjack27

Bluelighter
I refuse to believe that drugs are illegal because the government is looking out for the general public's well being. So what is the real reason for drugs on the whole being illegal?

CORRECT! the government is not looking out for you. here are the reasons drugs are illegal :in the first half of the twentieth century , when it was discovered that hemp was psychoactive , this company (i think it was Du pont) who made money selling something other than hemp, wanted hemp off the market to reduce competition for their product. they were partly responsible for the fear of hemp. and there were lies going around that pot makes people killers and crazy and stuff (these were highly conservative times) , i have read that some murderer got off because he convinced the jury there was a bag of hemp in the room and the hemp in the room made him go crazy and kill. weed actually was considered worse than heroin in those days, in fact people would say "heroin is a gateway to marijuana" . ok now in the 40s and 50s there was a drug called benzedrine , benzedrine was amphetamine, it was available otc as a nasal inhaler to releave congestion . it was banned in the 50s due to the fact people would remove the cotton from the benzedrine and swallow it and get high. well then comes the 60s, the time of massive cultural change, there was the vietnam war, civil rights movement, etc. this all caused the youth to rebel and this led to marijuana becoming more popular , drugs that have been virtually unused like lsd came popular (lsd was discovered in the 40s (maybe 30s im not sure, psychiatrists did experiments with these drugs in the 50s and 60s) . well nixon decided that he was going to ban drugs, it was politically motivated, , ive heard much of it had to do with minority groups and also possibly the rebelling of the youth (caused by the vietnam war). well in the next few decades people became strongly brainwashed against drugs, people thought that any drug will increase traffic accidents, and make society fall apart. that is why people are afraid of drugs now.

the number of drugs being illegal is increasing, and will continue to increase, i bet my life that dxm will be illegal by 2020, or at the very least HEAVILY regulated. the federal analog act was a major blow for RC drugs. the meth "epidemic" (which wasnt really an epidemic) made the government restrict our right to buy cold medicine.

it can only go so far though, even when all of the RCs are banned , there will still be herbs out there to try. and even if they ban some of the well known herbs, u will never ban san pedro , many of the dmt containing plants ,morning glory, and they really cant do anything about natural shrooms, so u could still get mescaline, LSA, DMT, and psilocybin.

CORRECT! the government is not looking out for you. here are the reasons drugs are illegal :in the first half of the twentieth century , when it was discovered that hemp was psychoactive , this company (i think it was Du pont) who made money selling something other than hemp, wanted hemp off the market to reduce competition for their product. they were partly responsible for the fear of hemp. and there were lies going around that pot makes people killers and crazy and stuff (these were highly conservative times) , i have read that some murderer got off because he convinced the jury there was a bag of hemp in the room and the hemp in the room made him go crazy and kill. weed actually was considered worse than heroin in those days, in fact people would say "heroin is a gateway to marijuana" . ok now in the 40s and 50s there was a drug called benzedrine , benzedrine was amphetamine, it was available otc as a nasal inhaler to releave congestion . it was banned in the 50s due to the fact people would remove the cotton from the benzedrine and swallow it and get high. well then comes the 60s, the time of massive cultural change, there was the vietnam war, civil rights movement, etc. this all caused the youth to rebel and this led to marijuana becoming more popular , drugs that have been virtually unused like lsd came popular (lsd was discovered in the 40s (maybe 30s im not sure, psychiatrists did experiments with these drugs in the 50s and 60s) . well nixon decided that he was going to ban drugs, it was politically motivated, , ive heard much of it had to do with minority groups and also possibly the rebelling of the youth (caused by the vietnam war). well in the next few decades people became strongly brainwashed against drugs, people thought that any drug will increase traffic accidents, and make society fall apart. that is why people are afraid of drugs now.

the number of drugs being illegal is increasing, and will continue to increase, i bet my life that dxm will be illegal by 2020, or at the very least HEAVILY regulated. the federal analog act was a major blow for RC drugs. the meth "epidemic" (which wasnt really an epidemic) made the government restrict our right to buy cold medicine.

it can only go so far though, even when all of the RCs are banned , there will still be herbs out there to try. and even if they ban some of the well known herbs, u will never ban san pedro , many of the dmt containing plants ,morning glory, and they really cant do anything about natural shrooms, so u could still get mescaline, LSA, DMT, and psilocybin.

Very interesting. I guess what surprises me most is the ignorance of the general public .. but I guess that shouldn't be surprising. Even when I was 14 and knew nothing about drugs other than what I learned in health class I still knew there was some alterior motive.

No one will ever know the true reason. Just accept the fact that they are illegal and will be for quite a while.

Well for one thing, if drugs were legal, the courts would be really slow in business. Do you realize how much money gets pumped into the system by arresting people for drugs. Its a revolving door sort to to speak.

!) It starts with our government allowing the majority of shipment of drugs to enter this country & then turn around & wage war on drugs. They bring it in & make unbelieveanle amounts of money to finance wars & so on.

2) The police go out & arrest the middle men & street dealers (rarely do the big time dealers get caught), they also punish the users for buying the product they shipped in. It keeps the police, judges & lawyers very busy trying these cases in court. Lots of money to be made from arrests.

3) When you put a law into effect & make a substance illegal, it puts fear into the public & its an easy way to control the public. I would say 70% of our politicians have used drugs in their lives tho the agenda is too big to ever make drugs legal.

4) Bottom line is MONEY, too many big time players would lose out on alot of money & lawyers, judges & cops would be out of business. Do you really think they care whether you overdose on drugs, lmao! They could care less, its about MONEY!

It's a way for white people to legally fuck with minorities.

And white people.

Not all drugs are illegal. Heroin is illegal but oxycodone and dilauded are commonly sold at your local pharmacy. Illegally manufactured amphetamines are suppose to be an epidemic here in the states but legally manufactured amphetamines are sold to children in order for them to concentrate. Guns accidentaly kill people too, as do tall buildings and cars.

Its just business.

Because drugs are bad, mmmmmmmmkay?

Haha =D

Drugs are illegal because the government hasn't figured out a foolproof way to tax and control the market yet, eventually you'll buy heroin and cocaine at the convenience store when yoou go to pick up a pack of smokes and Mars bar.

a way for white people to fuck with minorities? you mean old, rich, white men.
this white boy loves his drugs!
because the gov't can't mind it's own fucking business. if the gov't really wanted to fuck with blacks, etc. they wouldn't be arresting the crack dealers and other drug dealers in the ghetto's and around the cities because more crack equals more overdoses equals less minorities.
it's funny how the DEA is so worried about GHB..calling it the "date rape drug" yet you can get it by prescription.
it would be in the gov't interest to make drugs legal. then more people would be happy leading to less violence, road rage, etc.
i remember those renewtrient pills..made me happy and felt good, like oxycontin good, but without the withdrawls and dependency

a way for white people to fuck with minorities? you mean old, rich, white men.
this white boy loves his drugs!
because the gov't can't mind it's own fucking business. if the gov't really wanted to fuck with blacks, etc. they wouldn't be arresting the crack dealers and other drug dealers in the ghetto's and around the cities because more crack equals more overdoses equals less minorities.
it's funny how the DEA is so worried about GHB..calling it the "date rape drug" yet you can get it by prescription.
it would be in the gov't interest to make drugs legal. then more people would be happy leading to less violence, road rage, etc.
i remember those renewtrient pills..made me happy and felt good, like oxycontin good, but without the withdrawls and dependency

You talk about Renewtrient pills, are they still available on the market?

There's a massive conspiracy involving the Mayans, Aliens, Volcanoes, shoe laces and ofcourse...
001BB%20battenburg%20lr.JPG

Battenburg
;)

This is why current drugs BECAME illegal, not why they should be illegal.

I think that it is obvious that marijuana should be legal, the science is absolutely behind it. Likewise, LSD and other psychadelics should be legal but regulated and used within safe bounds to protect both the user and others.

Euphoria inducing drugs SHOULD be illegal. I say this as someone who isn't addicted to opioids, but has used them recreationally about once a month.

The reason that they should be illegal is that we have SEEN what happened when opioids such as heroin, morphine, etc were totally legal and over the counter. Heroin and syringe kits were available in the Sears Roebuck Catalog!! The problem is, many, many people became addicted to the drugs and even though they were relatively cheap and freely available, it still affected their lives negatively. Drug-induced euphoria is a crutch too seductive for most to have access to.

Methamphetamine is an absolute scourge upon the earth. It is ultra addictive, euphoric, and causes direct neurotoxicity. These dopaminergic neurons do NOT regrow, either. I have lived in a part of the United States where methamphetamine is endemic, and I've seen normal people go from good parents to starving their children because they were so high for a week they forgot to cook or do anything for the child.

It starts with our government allowing the majority of shipment of drugs to enter this country & then turn around & wage war on drugs. They bring it in & make unbelieveanle amounts of money to finance wars & so on.

I wouldn't really call the CIA part of "our government" but you don't know how absolutely right you are that they bring a substantial amount of profitable drugs into the US every year.

At the highest echelons, the CIA is a government all its own.

My 2 cents but Alcohol should be banned more so than any other drug. It fucks up more lifes per year than all illegal drugs put together oh and lets not forget Tobacco look at the deaths its caused yet is sold freely.

Euphoria inducing drugs SHOULD be illegal. I say this as someone who isn't addicted to opioids, but has used them recreationally about once a month.

No one should have a right to tell me what plant(s) (in particular Papaver somniferum / Opium Poppy is the one that really ticks me off) I can and cannot legally grow.

No one should have a right to tell me what substance(s) (MDMA honestly changed my life for the better) I can and cannot legally ingest.

They would rather spend billions to get rid of them and make illegal, but not spend thousands to educate about them and let the people make the choice?

This is really a no brainer. They want a piece of the pie.

Since they can't tax on freely distributed non-regulated drugs, they make the same (if not more) money punishing people who sell and use it.

I wouldn't really call the CIA part of "our government" but you don't know how absolutely right you are that they bring a substantial amount of profitable drugs into the US every year.

At the highest echelons, the CIA is a government all its own.

You're right, the CIA operates above the law & is pretty much their own government that causes mayhem around the world to bring us freedom. (What freedom, our rights are being taken away slowly)