• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why are drugs illegal?

This is a Harm reduction forum. As a mod I have the responsibilty to stay alive, stay out of prison (or the psych ward) and not get addicted. I have been here over ten years and unfortunately I cant say that every mod in my time has managed the same.

Can't ignore this.

First, as a Mod, you have none of those responsibilities. You do not sign up to any of that. You are there to keep order on an internet forum and make sure harm reduction principles are adhered to on that forum. Your personal life means less than nothing to the vast majority of users.

But what you appear to be doing is having an outrageous dig at some past mods, including those who are dead and therefore can't answer you back.

I cant say that every mod in my time has managed the same.

I have the responsibilty to stay alive
- This looks like a sick personal attack on people like Evad, the best Mod this forum ever had. And you sir are a cunt for asserting Evad was somehow lacking in moderator duties by dying.

For that alone, you should apologize and fuck off for good.

stay out of prison (or the psych ward)
- And this looks like an attack on Fast&Bulbous, a man who has given more knowledge to more people on this board than you could even fucking dream of in your shitty little lounge post. Again, attacking people who aren't around to defend themselves. You're a cunt.

I have been here over ten years
- So have I. So what? Maybe it's time you fucked off before you insult the memory of any more dead people.

Idiot.

Indeed, SMH. The tone of this thread is now making me sad.

Many of us have been around for many years, I lurked since 2000 on this board doing research on E when we really didn't know jack shit about many of the chemicals we take. Perhaps the fact that we've survived is a testament to the fact that drugs can be used responsibly and in moderation, but don't insult the dead. Bad form...

Are there people who shouldn't take drugs? Yup. Does prohibition stop that? Nup. It's a red herring. But I do agree it's cases like these that the media relishes. But it's still a red herring and fuck all to do with why drugs are illegal. It does make for a handy scapegoat though.

This.

As others have said earlier in this thread, people who really want drugs will get them, whether they are illegal or not. Crazy people are especially likely to ignore legality in their pursuit. Legalising drugs can only make things safer for everyone, and if anything, it will reduce availability. Everywhere I've ever been acquiring illegal drugs is far easier than acquiring desirable prescription ones. I'm sure that's not the case everywhere in the world but it certainly seems to be the way of things in 1st world nations.

You aren't the one driving public opinion though. The question is why are drugs illegal and the fact remains that if public opinion ran at 80% then drugs would be legal. Outside your BL bubble though the majority of society doesn't see the average drug user that way. They see the pain and suffering of drug use, the crime and the death toll, and as a result there is not that ground swell of support needed to change the law. We are our own worst public relations enemy and until the small minority who ruin it for everyone else choose not to self harm, things won't be changing anytime soon.

To hold the BL Shrine up as some sort of martyrdom is fucking sick. You don't think I have too many friends in that place as well? I don't blame those poor bastards for dying, I blame myself and all of you for letting them get to that place. If more members of BL were confronted and intercepted well before their spiral into the abyss then we wouldn't need a Shrine. The fact we have members passing away from their drug use should be held up in front of all of us as the failure it is. But by all means continue to sugar coat their drug use and refuse to confront the facts that some of us here should step away from drugs before their lives are ruined. Personal rights be damned if it saves a life.

This is a Harm reduction forum. As a mod I have the responsibilty to stay alive, stay out of prison (or the psych ward) and not get addicted. I have been here over ten years and unfortunately I cant say that every mod in my time has managed the same.
hrmn, just read the previous few pages of the thread for the first time.

I have no clue what to really make of your approach to HR, or your view on moderating here Busty, based on your comments in this thread back in your Lounge, where you seem to talk a different story. I'm aware that your position is different since there's no drug talk in the lounge, so HR isn't really as openly discussed and it's mainly a 'social' no druggy talk place, but still. Your position and stance seems confusing with what you've written in this thread

One Thousand Words said:
Although Bluelight is now a Harm Reduction site, it is first and for most a social site. HR, while a noble ideal, is a clever way we justify discussing illegal activities that would otherwise have this place shut down.

One Thousand Words said:
If we are serious about harm reduction we would not have a Shrine. We would take an annual audit of the number of deaths from our memberships and those who hold their lofty positions here in such high regard should be then held accountable.

Also, LOL:

One Thousand Words said:
There should also be a set criteria or level of competence to running some forums here, a science qualification for basic and other drugs, degree in social work or counselling to moderate The Darkside, never being picked last during school sport if you mod Sports and gaming. Obviously this is impossible and we would never have enough qualified members.

It turns me on when you stalk me Marmalade ;)

I stand by those comments. I only have to look back 18months to see a string of moderators who were stood down or stepped away from BL because their drug use got out of hand. Are these the role models I should base my moderating on? Some are my friends and I have no problems calling them out on their use in real life. Some come from the "holding your hair out of your eyes while you vomit" school of modding where as I come from the "wake you up hungover and make you face the music" school. I might be a minority but then again circle jerks and peer group pressure were never my stick.

It turns me on when you stalk me Marmalade
i wish marmalade would stalk me! xx

drugs are illegal because free thinking is not in the powers that be best interest.

It turns me on when you stalk me Marmalade ;)

I stand by those comments. I only have to look back 18months to see a string of moderators who were stood down or stepped away from BL because their drug use got out of hand. Are these the role models I should base my moderating on? Some are my friends and I have no problems calling them out on their use in real life. Some come from the "holding your hair out of your eyes while you vomit" school of modding where as I come from the "wake you up hungover and make you face the music" school. I might be a minority but then again circle jerks and peer group pressure were never my stick.

You just think your better than everyone else, period .

I always thought you were ignorant from the way that you wouldn't talk to me directly in other threads . At least i know why now.

Brims if you weren't so incestuous I would talk more than just cricket with you. Shit first day of the second Test, thanks for asking ;)

You aren't the one driving public opinion though. The question is why are drugs illegal and the fact remains that if public opinion ran at 80% then drugs would be legal.

You make a lot of sweeping statements as 'facts' that aren't facts at all. There's a plethora of evidence to prove you wrong. I'll pick two.

Opinion polls here showed no majority support for the Iraq war. 2 million people marched against it. We still went to war.

Opinion polls CONSTANTLY show majority support for bringing back the death sentence. No govt in the UK is going to do that.

Stop basing your thoughts on a populism that doesn't exist. Drugs are not illegal because of public opinion. And public opinion will not legalize drugs.

Some come from the "holding your hair out of your eyes while you vomit" school of modding where as I come from the "wake you up hungover and make you face the music" school.

How about you opt for the "stop talking nonsense and get some fucking perspective" school instead?

Or at least fuck off back to wherever you came from. Go on...

Only just remembered that OTW is Busty. Well, that's two usernames to add to my 'never show any respect to these cunts' list. Seriously, why are you still posting? You don't deserve to be a mod, EVEN of the lounge, and a fucking five year old could do that job. I'd respond to your last post aimed at me, but everyone else seemed to understand what I meant and I don't wish to engage with you, any further.

Yet you can't help engaging. Or having the last say. Jesus, if you were any more uptight we would be mining diamonds from your rectum.

I like it here, and until customs are set up and EADD becomes a closed forum of back scratches and hair holders I think I and well withn my right to have an opinion on a hypothetical question. Heaven forbid we have to all agree to be the same.

NSFW:
409623_489273867778312_1961843574_n.jpg

You aren't the one driving public opinion though. The question is why are drugs illegal and the fact remains that if public opinion ran at 80% then drugs would be legal.

As others have said, public opinion is unlikely to change the status quo. But I also don't truly care about public opinion anyway; I think everything should be private. My main issue is with your hypocrisy. I can't stand drug users who think drugs should remain illegal, it burns like the worst betrayal.

Personal rights be damned if it saves a life.

What's the point in living without those rights? Do you think suicide should be illegal? I assume you do, but I think people should have the right to fuck up or end their lives. Is it sad when that happens? Of course. But at least they lived on their terms, and fully took advantage of their rights as individuals.