• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Why am I more social when I take Xanax?

I once turned up for a flight in a panic thinking I was late.... It turned out I was actually 1 week early! :ROFLMAO: I don't think I've ever topped that one hah

Man I once was blacked out on benzos and successfully navigated a drive to the airport to catch a flight to Dallas for a work training week... I got on the right flight, navigated a 15 minute intense layover, arrived in Dallas, rented a rental car my work had reserved for me, followed the directions I had printed (Mapquest, this was before smartphones) to the hotel, printed the directions to the work office by asking the hotel staff if they had a printer (the only explanation that makes sense), and I came back into my memory as I was about to start the rental car and drive to the office... I was like wtf, where am I? I figured it all out from context clues. I have always ben extremely function on drugs but this really shocked me. I have never regained any memory of that time but I must have done a great job. it was extra weird to me that once I got my memory back, I stopped being on autopilot and had to figure everything out.

Man I once was blacked out on benzos and successfully navigated a drive to the airport to catch a flight to Dallas for a work training week... I got on the right flight, navigated a 15 minute intense layover, arrived in Dallas, rented a rental car my work had reserved for me, followed the directions I had printed (Mapquest, this was before smartphones) to the hotel, printed the directions to the work office by asking the hotel staff if they had a printer (the only explanation that makes sense), and I came back into my memory as I was about to start the rental car and drive to the office... I was like wtf, where am I? I figured it all out from context clues. I have always ben extremely function on drugs but this really shocked me. I have never regained any memory of that time but I must have done a great job. it was extra weird to me that once I got my memory back, I stopped being on autopilot and had to figure everything out.
Benzo blackout stories are just the best... Or worst...

I try explaining to my Benzo naive friends how I've lived/worked/travelled for weeks on end with no memory of any of it whatsoever - yet still somehow managed to pull it all off. I'd just guess it's autopilot mode as you mention. o_O :ROFLMAO:

It's no exaggeration to say since I started using/abusing Benzos back in 2009, I've spend at least a third of that time in blackout mode.

Yeah some of them keep you quite function, while some are more intoxicating. In my story, I had barely ever tried benzos and I had been the receiver of a package of various ones for a friend, who gave me 10% of them for my trouble. I had I think diazepam, bromazepam, and clonazepam. I took one of each, before a flight, thinking I'd have a nice relaxation... I took 3 because I had taken a single diazepam pill once and didn't get much from it at all. Hell of a first real benzo experience. I don't remember it but it makes a good story. 😁 Of course it could have turned out badly.