• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Why am I more social when I take Xanax?

Riri26

Bluelighter
I’ve noticed that when I take my .25mg Xanax I’m more social for about 3 hours or so and I’m not sure why. I’m guessing it’s the lack of anxiety. It’s just strange because I’ve taken Klonopin, Ativan and Valium as well and none of them make me like this. I thought they were all the same drug.

Because they obliterate anxiety and reduce inhibitons.

If i take a good sized dose of benzodiazepines I start talking incessantly and begin reaching out to friends and family who i rarely speak to. This can be problematic.
I can imagine that would be problematic. I find it feels similar to ambien but much less memory loss.

It's a strong short acting anxiolotic. So naturally it makes any kind of anxiety drop. Just be careful with street bars. Few are real. I love benzos for dealing with GAD. Only a problem if I'm performing. Good luck.

It's a strong short acting anxiolotic. So naturally it makes any kind of anxiety drop. Just be careful with street bars. Few are real. I love benzos for dealing with GAD. Only a problem if I'm performing. Good luck.
I get them from my psychiatrist. I have schizophrenia. Never from the street haha

Totally agree. I end up trying to talk to family. Or try to repair the relationships. It can be a problem for me too. Strange family dynamics.

Benzos desinhibit you, so that combined with having less anxiety can make you more talkative. You may even talk way too much and say or do things you probably shouldn't lol

Benzos desinhibit you, so that combined with having less anxiety can make you more talkative. You may even talk way too much and say or do things you probably shouldn't lol
I talked way too much to my doc couple weeks back. Was on a few benzos. I feel bit weird bout it now lol

It happens :LOL: were those benzos prescribed by him?
Hope nothing bad happened and you can just look back and laugh about it.
Yep prescribed by them. I think next visit may be a lil awkward. But yea you're right. I can laugh about it now it was pretty funny n my Doc has a good sense of humor. Cheers mate.

Because they obliterate anxiety and reduce inhibitons.

If i take a good sized dose of benzodiazepines I start talking incessantly and begin reaching out to friends and family who i rarely speak to. This can be problematic.

Totally agree. I end up trying to talk to family. Or try to repair the relationships. It can be a problem for me too. Strange family dynamics.
This completely mirrors my own experiences.

I'm quite 'social media phobic'.. But when I've had a hefty dose of Benzos I start firing off messages left, right, and centre, to all my friends/family who I'm too anxious/paranoid to chat with under normal circumstances.

It's a complete double-edged sword! Because by the time they may have replied (the next day or so) the Benzos have worn off and I'm too Anxious/paranoid to go back on there to read there message or see if they've replied. For example, if people don't reply, it can feel like the end of the world (They're abandoning me, they've fallen out with me, they're never going to want to see or speak to me again :( Yet if I'm Benzo'd up, I'm desensitised - and the fact of no reply will not faze me.

My shrink seems to think I have Borderline Personality Disorder.

i did so much shit on benzos that if i could i would burry 33 meters into the earth!!
Just so MUCH shame, shame on work, that one is the hardest for me to handle :cautious:

Yeah benzos have caused me to do some extremely stupid things. But yes it lowers anxiety and therefore you don't think as much before you say something because you're less afraid of sounding stupid because quite frankly you don't care if you do.

I lost a job because of Xanax. I blacked out and started unloading our construction trailer at a gas station. I was throwing shovels and tools out of the truck at a gas pump and nearly hit the car next to us. Needless to say that was my last day.

I’ve noticed that when I take my .25mg Xanax I’m more social for about 3 hours or so and I’m not sure why. I’m guessing it’s the lack of anxiety. It’s just strange because I’ve taken Klonopin, Ativan and Valium as well and none of them make me like this. I thought they were all the same drug.

Just a point of clarification, they are not all the same drug, they are all benzodiazepines, but different drugs. So they're similar but each drug is unique in its specific properties. Klonopin (clonazepam) is long-lasting and milder, it takes much longer to come on and it tends to work much better for people as a general anxiety-reducer, that remains fully functional. It's not so great at interrupting panic attacks. Whereas Xanax (alprazolam) takes effect very quickly nd lasts shorter, and is more intoxicating. Xanax is really good at interrupting intense anxiety and panic attacks but is less functional.