• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Who prefers vaporisers over joints?

Vape = King.

I have a Silver Surfer, which I attached to a bong and take vape hits. Well, I used to...

It has saved me a HEAP of money. I can span out 0.25 over the coarse of an entire day.

Honestly don't like vapes at all.

I love smoking spliffs, any other form of smoking, at least for flowers, kind of doesn't quite cut it. Bong hits are nice but I still prefer spliffs.

I don't like spliffs because I hate tobacco period.

My friends in college always insisted they include tobacco in our joints because they "smoke better" with me being the only one in the room who was opposed to it cause I don't smoke cigarettes and never have.

I inhale everything like it's weed, and weed's not meant to be inhaled deeply like tobacco so it would hurt and I hated the taste.

I always said "well, then let's smoke bowls if tobacco is necessary for joints" but of course, they refused, because they wanted to smoke the tobacco.

Selfish bastard friends hahahah.

Also, what do you mean "for flowers"??

I was always confused by that term regarding weed.

I am PRETTY sure I have always smoked buds, or at least parts of bud in the form of shake, my whole life, but I could be wrong...

What you smoke is actually the "flower" of Cannabis. I want to say the whole "flowers" slang originated in Colorado and spread from there. I call them flowers now myself, especially because hash and oil is starting to become frequently available where I am at and you have to be specific.

I used to not care what the method was, but when I became a professional singer I stuck to vaporizers so it wouldn't hurt my lung capacity or give me any scratchiness. I used a VaporStar for a few years, which worked but was pretty sensitive to get going and could be a pain in the ass on the road. Later I switched to a Pax, which is probably the best vape I've ever seen. Kind of a bitch keeping it clean and lubricated (if the mouthpiece gets sticky the thing does't work at all) but it's pocket sized, doesn't use butane, and, assuming it's clean, works the same every time.

I've always noticed that vapes give less of a body high, which is why I use bowls more when I'm smoking it for pain relief and appetite. For whatever reason the physical smoke seems to accent the body high and appetite stimulation for me than the vape (thought the vape is still very effective).

Last edited:
Salutations Clord0,

Anyone got any other type of vapes or ways of smoking they prefer over vaping?

Below you can see my "Plan-B+" setup which i'm presently testing (still searching for "Plan-A" since last summer):

BL: Harm Reduction type of modded vaporizer pipe (2013-May-7)

It turns out my latest moddification was to simply add a 3rd stone...

jj21ar.jpg

%)

Joints are no longer an option and this new ritual is even more satisfying to me anyway.

Good day, have fun!

=D

I must confess I like and respect every roa. Definitely roll flowers and vape wax.

I too like the expansive feel of a good bong rip. And the taste of a good joint is great. But combustion sucks.
We all like to feel that immediate high from a rip. Guess what, the majority of the initial buzz is from carbon monoxide. That is what a lot of people are missing when they compare combustion and vaporization.
I use the Ascent vaporizer. Crank that baby up to 430 degrees and take a long hit and your head will be spinning before you are through. That first hit has a lot o high temp vapor that comes close to the best bong rips. I like using a cooling mug with plastic pipe coiled up inside to cool the vapor when taking a 430 hit.
Most times I program in 5 min of 375 then 5 min of 400 then 5 min of 430 to fully cook a load.
As to efficiency, a bong is so much more efficient than any other combustion method, but a vaporizer is the most efficient extractor of all methods besides cooking it to butter.
I propose that CHS is caused by toxic CB1 cannabinoids generated by combustion affecting the hypothalamus. These toxic CB1 substances are not present in vapor.
So........hands down, I like the vaporizer better than a joint, blunt, or bong.

I too like the expansive feel of a good bong rip. And the taste of a good joint is great. But combustion sucks.
We all like to feel that immediate high from a rip. Guess what, the majority of the initial buzz is from carbon monoxide. That is what a lot of people are missing when they compare combustion and vaporization.
I use the Ascent vaporizer. Crank that baby up to 430 degrees and take a long hit and your head will be spinning before you are through. That first hit has a lot o high temp vapor that comes close to the best bong rips. I like using a cooling mug with plastic pipe coiled up inside to cool the vapor when taking a 430 hit.
Most times I program in 5 min of 375 then 5 min of 400 then 5 min of 430 to fully cook a load.
As to efficiency, a bong is so much more efficient than any other combustion method, but a vaporizer is the most efficient extractor of all methods besides cooking it to butter.
I propose that CHS is caused by toxic CB1 cannabinoids generated by combustion affecting the hypothalamus. These toxic CB1 substances are not present in vapor.
So........hands down, I like the vaporizer better than a joint, blunt, or bong.

What is "CHS"??

One thing I noticed was that when I swallowed capsules I made of my pre-vaped weed from my herbalaire it gave me the cleanest, most functional and most anxiolytic high I've ever had and I'm guessing it was cause all the impurities were removed.

I wish I had access to capsules like that without having to make them myself and I bet that some headshops in weed-legal areas have them but not where I am.

Don't get me wrong, vaporizers are awesome and hit nice. But it just ins't the same as a joint.

Don't get me wrong, vaporizers are awesome and hit nice. But it just ins't the same as a joint.

this, vaporizer is a different high - more chill and creepy high. even though i vaporize once a day everyday i still like a joint or two on my weekends