• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who is your favourite Syd DJ!!!!

um you going to stop this or do i have to close this thread... if you really want to go toe to toe about this do it in email...
its for exactly this reason that i was going to stop this thread a long time ago, but somehow you all seemed to behave... up till now...

HEY! astro happens to be a good friend of mine, so I'd prefer it if you'd keep your personal attacks to youself.
I'm not really a fan for his musical tastes or playing, but he's a person too as are the people who go and see him play.
So lay off ok? This post was about FAVORITE DJ's.. here are mine.
1. BIZ-E
2. abel
3. Nick Toth
4. Ken Cloud
5. Phil Smart
6. Declan
7. Simon Caldwell
8. Young Jase
I could go on..
...and sometimes Dave Kirkpatrick when he plays a dark, dirty, squelchy deep house set
smile.gif

mona.

I dunno why us Sydneysiders dont get as many quality international acts compared to Melbourne. No way near the quantity. And this was quite a reason to trek to melbourne to celebrate NYE2000...it was well worth the effort though. The melbourne people from my short lived view seemed more serious and educated bout their music..i guess if there are people to appreciate then tix will sell and therefore djs will come over here to Sydney.
But my fave people that cut it up in sydney are
Marko
Nik FIsh
SPeakafreaka
Manson
Abel
and of course Jeff Mills...but only this Wednesday though.

sylin, are you serious?
i've mixed alongside stevie B and cadell. (a few private parties, sunday nights etc..) they are straight up hinrg dj's who mix hirng tracks. you mention bpm's of a track.. you must also know how easy it is to mix hinrg!
hinrg is great... except that after the 3rd song you realise you're hearing chord progressions that you heard 3 tracks ago... and it gets hell boring :-]
i've heard sassy play.. i do concede, she does play some funky tracks. but as far as house dj's are concerned.. there are many better.
>They may not play at all the u18s and big >raves,
what about the techno scene? the house scene?
> but if you go to DCMs,nv, Go or ep1(only >on sundays) when they go off, then youll >know what im talking about,
I don't go to those places simply because i'll be scrutinised at the door for not wearing the latest and greatest clubbing gear.. and i'll be wearing runners. and FUCKED if i'm lining up for any club when i can go elsewhere and not be fucked around.
> though not astro, i dont like him ever >since he fucked up a beat match inbetween >two songs which i know have almost the same >BPM, i dont like the Djs who get too off >their head and play then fuck up
i've heard astro fuck up many times. and to think.. he's the *standard* oxford street dj. doens't say much about the standard does it?
i suggest you search a little deeper.... dress *down* for a change when you go out, you'll find out that sydney has many more avenues than you expected...

oh and just to clear the books.
1) My first taste of oxford street was standing outside NV/Byblos waiting for a friend who i was supposed to meet there. I rocked up to the door.. "members night only.." the bouncer tells me. "i'm meeting a friend here for a birthday" i reply. the bouncer looks me up and down and then points out that the shoes i'm wearing aren't "proper clubbing shoes". I say fine, get back in the line and wait for my friend. Before my very eyes, 3 girls who obviously underage, giggling their heads off walk up to the bouncer and appeal to his ego (which was obvious by the smile on his face) and he lets them straight in. (Not to mention a number of awful creatures clad in tight t shirts, muscle bound and obviously friends with the bouncers..)
2) My second taste of oxford street was playing at byblos on a sunday night. The lady running the night, fine gal she was, wasn't going to let me into the club because my shirt wasn't "nice" enough! And i was a fucken DJ! Anyways... i got in there, played my set, (hinrg of course.. had to please the crowd) and got absolutely no compliments whatsoever. Cadell gets on, plays a set so similar to mine it wasn't funny, and he gets complimented all around!
Stylin, i have no insults for you if you like hinrg.. go for it, if it's what gets you off then do what you need to do. I simply suggest, as i did to my cousin (who was a DCM regular every saturday night) that he come along to a party on the other side fence one day...
..and he has never looked back.
ps. no offence to you mona, but astro is one human being i do not wish to have anything to do with.

dangermouse, am i serious about what ?
i dont know what you mean by that opening comment. it doesnt matter but, hey i still go to home on saturdays and bassix and i do enjoy dressing down, but hi nrg is my bag. all i did was give my opinion and it seems i got blasted for it.
oh i never said i like astro, just that i liked cadell and stevie B. can we leave this now ? one closing comment, isnt this all about "favourite" djs ? i think we should leave this topic alone as harmony is alot better
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!
[This message has been edited by Stylin (edited 11 April 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Stylin (edited 11 April 2000).]

Even though I'm with you D/M, everyone needs to remember that song by Arpeggiators....
"Everyone's entitled to freedom of opinion and expression!"
However, I suggest that instead of going out to your normal club/rave why not go to a bush doof like "Free to be me" or Moon coming up at Angel Pl. There is soooo much more to life than
Sublime R.I.P
Home S.U.X. (after Fri nites fiasco!)
Club 77
Greenwood
Oxford St
Kings X
I'm not saying that any of these places are shite, hell I've been to all of these places more times than I care to remember! Just to OPEN YOUR MIND and TRY SOMETHING NEW OR DIFFERENT FOR ONCE! Hell you might even enjoy it. Think about it
It's cheap
No queues
No bouncers
No idiots
No drunks
No bad vibes
They're not hard to find out about, look in 3D, Reach'n or BPM.
Go bush young doofer!
Timbo
Fill whats empty, empty whats full, scratch whats itchy!

Hmm BEST DJ?
Before 1990 - Peewee
Circa 1993 - Abel
Circa 1995 - Jumping Jack
Circa 2000 - Mark Murphy!!
I have been to about 400 parties / raves in the last 12 years, and i have particular tastes (Deep Trance, Progressive House, Techno) and I never thought it would say it, but Mark Murphy (the tall guy at Reachin)has progressed from trashy house to great hard AND trancy sets.
He gets my vote as the BEST at the moment.

OK LOOK! I'm getting pissed off here. I just said that this guy was a friend of mine who I've known for a while. I don't care for your stupid little comments.
I know him. He's a decent guy. He never used to take pills, he's only new to them.
Once again, I'm not praising his or Cadell's OR GC's Dj'ing skills...I simply don't want to hear any more shit about astro.
thankyou,
mona.

If anyone went to Hardcore 2000 on the week end you would of seen some of syd'd best Dj's...... Fenix & Elroy went off!!!
Up & Comming Dj's.... Marcos, Matrix....
Other Favs include... Spellbound (playing hardcor!!!!) PeeWee Dynamix Paul Holden

Matt 'n Kayla, Vader, Crucial, Abel, Ajax, Speakafreaka, Manson, Zeitgeist, Nerve Agent, Sub Bass Snarl, Kate Monroe (hmmm how come no one's mentioned her yet?), Nervous, ... more than enough reasons to love Sydney! Sublime@Pitt will be badly missed, though.

MY TOP 10!!!
1:SPELLBOUND
2:CRISIS
3:GEOFF DA CHEFF
4:FENIX
5:911
6:NIK FISH
7:BEXTA
8:pAUL HOLDEN
biggrin.gif
AYDREAM
10:VAGAS
[This message has been edited by hyge (edited 15 April 2000).]
[This message has been edited by hyge (edited 15 April 2000).]

Some of my many favourite Dj's
*MIKEL FENIX (for a mix of happy/hard tunes)
*DAYDREAM
*SPELLBOUND
*PEEWEE
*NERVOUS
*BEXTA
*JUMPINGJACK
*CHESTER (For his morning sets at raves)
*JOHN FERRIS
Obviously all these dj's are rave/voodo/plastic dj's but I like them not because of their mixing ability, but because they play the tunes I like to hear!
I dont really care how well they mix, as long as their isnt any noticable screw ups!
People have different tastes so lets not bag people for who they do or dont like!
DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING!
CUALLL8R
------------------
at night, rave near the guards compartment naked with a blue light

*Stands and applauds Jas" !!!!!
good stuff, cause if you bag peoples djs, then you are almost baggin them.
lets keep it friendly
smile.gif

hehehe I love you all !!!!
is that friendly enough
smile.gif

------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

does anyone remember the Underground...
Rob Milton...he was awesome...but thats just my opinion...others will disagree
And Thursday nights went off...wear what you want...dance how you want...and everyone was your friend.
Until that sad day...sniff sniff...and it was no more.
We need more clubs like that with the same atmosphere but without the dodgy reputation.
------------------
...blondes have more fun...