• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who is your favorite drug addict(s) and/or user(s) of all time?

NSFW:
buffett-gulf-shoresjpg-7f48b7a6045bad80.jpg

I've done a bit of smuggling, I've run my share of grass
I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last, never meant to last

And I have been drunk now for over two weeks
I passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks
But I got stop wishing, got to go fishing, down to rock bottom again

Well, I'm still here. Didn't have to go to rehab, and I'm not broke.

If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane, If we couldn't laugh we just would go insane, If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett

2011-10-18-12pablopicasso1.jpg

the-weeping-woman.jpg

Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.

Pablo Picasso

Last edited by a moderator:
PETER%2BFONDA3.jpg

I don't trust anybody who didn't inhale.

I have always maintained that society has no business dictating morality.

Peter Fonda

111230100454-sloane-edison-story-top.jpg

Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.

Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.

Thomas Edison.

NSFW:

3517757_original.jpg

Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail.
Theodore Dreiser

Billy-Idol-9542533-1-402.jpg

If your world doesn't allow you to dream, move to one where you can.
Billy Idol

Bon+Scott+Freaky.jpg

It keeps you fit – the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food – it’s all very good for you.

I don’t give a fuck what else on the rider, as long I’ve got Jack Daniels.

Bon Scott

5469867018_556d259ae7.jpg

FESTIIIVAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VINCE HERMAN of LOS & GAT

Joe Walsh, all the dudes from Pink Floyd, Keith Moon, Heath Ledger, River and Joaquin Phoenix, John Frusciante, William S. Burroughs

Some fictional ones and real people in movies: Mark Renton, Sick Boy, and Spud from Trainspotting
Matt Dillon and Heather Graham from Drugstore Cowboy
Dr. Gonzo and Rauol Duke from Fear & Loathing
Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison from The Doors
Ray Liotta from Goodfellas
George Jung from Blow

Last edited:
Sigmund Freud and Judy Garland. Freud's cocaine obsession likely allowed him to progress in his work the way he did, which was so incredibly novel for his time. I believe he was a true genius of all time, but I think the cocaine changed, likely for the better at times, and likely for the worse at times, the way he expressed and shared his genius. With Judy Garland, it is a sadder story, as she had been habituated to amphetamines and barbiturates at a young age involuntarily, however I do not think her genius, for I do believe she was an artistic genius, would have been the same without those two classes of drugs and others. Her performance was really quite unlike any other performers' performances, and though I am sure it was straight from her talent to perform, the drugs allowed her to go beyond and above to a near super-human level of ability in an almost knowingly self-destructive way to please her fans, and she did. It is sad, yes, but she is a favorite person of mine, all time, and a favorite drug user.

There is something appealing about the opiate-addicted writers of history, too, though - something romantic, almost.

Already mentioned John Lilly - all of those trips, using so much ketamine, all the alien encounters, the Earth Coincidence Control Office. He contributed some important things to science in his life, and the dolphin research was interesting and resulted in increased awareness of dolphin intelligence and that helped get more support for conservation and protection of dolphins. He was helpful in increasing dolphin conservation efforts and getting more legal protections for dolphins. Many dolphins would have surely died had John Lilly never been born. He may have been delusional, but he was a great scientist (not anywhere near the level of Einstein, but did make some major contributions to science) and had a significant impact on the conservation and protection of dolphins. Few people will ever have a life as interesting as his was and the world would be at least a little worse off if he had not existed. I'd love live a similar life (Probably won't, but I can hope and dream).

Alexander Shulgin (he created most of the things I trip on, and I read somewhere he has tripped over 10,000 times. I assume that would include the tiny doses he takes to test the potency and safety of each new compound he has created). Too bad he had a stroke, but it sounds like he has recovered well and his cognitive abilities weren't too badly affected. Hope he recovers as much as possible, so he can get back to doing what he loves - creating more psychedelics and tripping on them to see what they do. That will give me even more things to trip on. I hope to try them all at least once before I die (I probably won't get too, but it would be nice) Maybe he'll create something more amazing than anything currently in existence (probably won't happen, but one can hope)

Albert Hoffman, creator of LSD and some other interesting things. Bet he was surprised to find out what it did. His creation had a big impact on the world and will continue to do so - people will be tripping on the stuff until we go extinct or civilization collapses and it is forgotten.

Last edited:
NSFW:
Joe Walsh, all the dudes from Pink Floyd, Keith Moon, Heath Ledger, River and Joaquin Phoenix, John Frusciante, William S. Burroughs

JW_Profile_Image_1_.jpg

Joe+Walsh+Joe_Walsh.jpg

Somewhere along the way I found the meaning,
woke up dreamin` along the way.
Never quite seems the same when you awakin`,
and makin` up for the time you`ve such a price to pay,
and then they take the dream away, and it just ain`t fair.
Help me thru the night Mama, help me to ease the pain.
Tell me it`s alright, help me thru the night once again.

Joe Walsh

Heath-Ledger-Wallpaper-2.jpg

tumblr_m2ply2TpnP1r9r9oao1_500.jpg

river-phoenix-classical_112871-1280x800.jpg

We are taught to consume. And that's what we do. But if we realized that there really is no reason to consume, that it's just a mind set, that it's just an addiction, then we wouldn't be out there stepping on people's hands climbing the corporate ladder of success.
River Phoenix

Dr. Gonzo and Rauol Duke from Fear & Loathing

tumblr_l55sk4t4G41qaejbao1_400.png

oscar_zeta_acosta.jpg

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Hunter S. Thompson quote about Oscar Zeta Acosta

tumblr_l9mtp3BywE1qalfpvo1_500.jpg

Charles Cros

fatboy-slim-4eb3ac482dc6e.jpg

Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

Fatboy Slim

jeff.jpg

6001060877_0177127d84_z.jpg

The sublime moment seems to be only a product of allowing yourself to get through, to get to a lot of stuff in your life, write about a lot of stuff and not edit yourself. That is a great lesson to learn for anybody that writes or creates in anyway, to be able to make something without being good or bad.

Jeff Tweedy of wilco

snoop-dogg-smoking.jpg

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice (beeotch!!)
Laid back (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)
Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice (beeotch!!)
Laid back (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)

SNOOP

danny-bonaduce-bigfoot-syfy.jpg

12_73965492_10.jpg

I take enough pills to get full.

They say you have to hit rock bottom before you get better. Unfortunately, I hit it on TV.

Danny Bonaduce

Dude you're like in love with this thread

I know, help HoChi- HA.. No i'm starting to loose substantial interest:\

jerry garcia

for some reason people just think he was a stoner hippie(hippiedom died in the 60s, band was anything but hippie after that) really into LSD, which is something he identfied with during the 60s
friends claim only time they saw him drunk was on a train in canada when a bunch of bands(the band, janis joplin, jefferson airplane and more)got together to perform multiple shows and party on trains

but by 1970 he was a massive coke head

in 1978 a friend introduced him to persian heroin(shit cost like 500/g back in the 80s)
yeah, well he was a full blown addict, performing shows with jerry garcia band just to support his gigantic habit, once spent an entire plane ride to germany in the plane's bathroom, chasing the dragon...he strictly smoked it, went into coma in '86, came out clean for a few years, speculated to have relapsed in '91(which was a great year for his guitar work, what a coincidence?)
eventually died in '95 from heart failure while in rehab....too much cigs and junk food

he was only 53 when he died, looked closer to 75

another one of my favorites is former new york giant's line backer lawrence taylor
some consider him the best defensive player of all time and he was a full blown crack head

smoked it before games, during practices, before interview
i dunno i find it pretty crazy someone so great in athletics was able to accomplish what he did on the field
off the field is a whole different story, he;s a crackhead of course he;s beaten woman up and shit

@neversickanymore

i was just assumed vince herman liked getting drunk
say him twice in one day at bear's picnic festival in '11
played with great american taxi and took part in 'everyone orchestra'....very cool

Last edited:
NSFW:
580_thumb.jpg

Jerry+Garcia+jerry6wb9.jpg

M_JerryGarcia630_071012.jpg

If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously.
Jerry Garcia

@neversickanymore

i was just assumed vince herman liked getting drunk
say him twice in one day at bear's picnic festival in '11
played with great american taxi and took part in 'everyone orchestra'....very cool

Yeah i've hung out w VH a bit... and Chad, founder of GAT is a life long friend, I've been close with him since HS and navigated my life on paths pretty close to his.. REALLY REALLY GOOD PEOPLE, BOTH OF THEM!<3

my all time favorite jerry garcia quote

it was said inside a hotel room,late at night,in some city, after a show in '84

and i'm not even making this up unless this reputable guy gave me false info, but i can definitely see jerry saying this:

'hey man, are you gonna finish those chips?"