• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids which will give me a high most similar to IV dilaudid without banging?

euphoricrelief

Greenlighter
i'm a 20 year old female barely over 110 pounds yet i have an unbelievably high tolerance to pain medication, and i'm currently suffering from neuropathy, nerve damage, gastroperisis, gastritis, and severe sciatica. the ONLY thing that gives me relief is 2+ MGs of IV dilaudid in the hospital, anything less is literally like injecting me or feeding me water and sugar. i just left the hospital still in 10/10 pain but was given 10 4mg oral dilaudid and 25 mg of promethazine to help my pain, but i took 8mg of dilaudid orally and am experiencing ZERO relief and frankly i'm dying to feel the IV rush and relief but since i've only taken drugs orally, i really don't want to bang it. for someone with a tolerance as bad as mine and the amount of pain i'm in, what is the best way to get that specific high or close to it and how many milligrams should i do? i'll do whatever works but injecting ( idk what'll happen especially mentally ).

I don't recommend injecting even though with those is easy if you know how, but nothing short of putting it up your butt will come close and that's without the same rush that only IV gives. Nasal works quite well, but probably needs 2x vs oral, but putting pills up your nose is quite harmful. You can buy micron filters, nasal sissy atomizer syringe attachment, and whatnot to make a clean nasal solution, but almost as much of a pain as sticking it up your ass.

I know you have high levels of pain and not saying this because you are young, but be careful how much you rely on the pills for the pain.

Edit: if you're serious and will do anything I'm not joking about sticking it up your ass (plugging) it. Just dissolve pill in water, pull into oral syringe easy to obtain at drug store, and after lubing (olive oil works too) after taking a good poop while laying on your side insert and inject the water into bum and lay there until you are ready to get up without squirting out what should be a very small amount of water you can get up and enjoy... I'm seriously not kidding

Edit 2: gabapentin (neurotin) or lyrica (pregablin) would probably manage your pain a lot better

Last edited:
I had hydromorphone 1 mg pills and I would plug 3 of them and get a pretty strong buzz, lasting surprisingly long about 6 hours. Of course I wasn't using them for pain relief but to get high.

Oral use with Dilaudid sucks, but Snorting them definitely works alot better it's my preferred way to do them and you don't have to result to lower types of things like sticking syringes up your ass.

This
Plugging is the way to go and it'll improve the Bioavailability a lot.

From what I hear this is the closest you'll get to that rush without using it intravenously. rectal use will also make the hydromorphone last longer, seeing as dilaudid IV is basically just a rush.

thanks so much for the replies, I have 3 left and will plug one and snort the other then save the last one for a shitty pain day and use it with what felt better. also to the first replier: I am on gabapentin and amitriptyline already as well and I know I shouldn't rely on medication to feel okay but it's all that works. I will post about what felt the best here. and just to clarify, plugging WILL give me the rush like IV? or something close to it?

dissociatives like dxm potentiate/increase the effects opioids and are said to reduce tolerance build up.

also,
someone correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't morphinans like levorphanol supposed to have a separate tolerance to opioids?
(I could be very wrong here)

also, nothing good will come from chasing a rush. just be careful whatever you do.

^ They're semi-cross tolerant. Morphinans act on many different receptors, some that other opiates use, and some that they don't.

Op have you used needles before going to the hospital, or did they turn you onto it? Yes oral hydro is only 30% ba. It has a large first pass metabolism mechanism, rendering oral ineffective. Intranasal ba is around 50-60%, and beats that nasty "fpm", to the punch, so to speak..

-hs

Asking to a Pain Doctor.
yeeeeeah I'm gonna pass on asking my doctor what the best way to get high is lol. I'm on nucynta currently that I have to triple the dose to feel it and he doesn't want to prescribe anything else.

^ They're semi-cross tolerant. Morphinans act on many different receptors, some that other opiates use, and some that they don't.

Op have you used needles before going to the hospital, or did they turn you onto it? Yes oral hydro is only 30% ba. It has a large first pass metabolism mechanism, rendering oral ineffective. Intranasal ba is around 50-60%, and beats that nasty "fpm", to the punch, so to speak..

-hs
is plugging more effective than snorting it? I have two pills left and really don't want to waste them for a "possible" effect. also thanks for all the info.

another update: snorted 4mg and didn't get the rush but I did get high and felt pain relief. don't waste your time and pills plugging them, snorting definitely works best and the burn wasn't bad at all.

from what I hear plugging has a 2 knuckles deep rule lol maybe you didn't do it right. also dissolving them in some water -> oral syringe -> up the pooper I think would be the most effective.

FYI snorting things will not give a rush.

Snorting will give u that nice floaty feeling..that's what I enjoy about them