See text of the post. Only answer if you have fair experience with both

• DMT

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 25I-NBOMe/ other 25X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aquatico

Greenlighter
Which one produces more intense, complex and overwhelming visuals?

Only answer if you have a reasonable experience (medium or high doses an so on) with both of them

PS: I have said 25i but you can choose your most visual NBOME (25b, 25c,...) for the comparision with (vaporized/smoked) DMT

Last edited:
I have a fair amount of experience with both. I have IVed and nasal dosed several various NBOMEs and smoked DMT up to ~50mg doses.

They are both incredibly visual, but in different ways honestly. I'm hard pressed to make a decision about this. DMT has a unique character in that it can take you to a totally different place and dimension, while I feel nbome is more "in the present moment", and lacks this reality bending characteristic. But it's still incredibly visual, especially in high doses. But so is DMT. Idk. Sorry I don't have a better answer. Depends on what you consider "visuals".

I have a fair amount of experience with both. I have IVed and nasal dosed several various NBOMEs and smoked DMT up to ~50mg doses.

They are both incredibly visual, but in different ways honestly. I'm hard pressed to make a decision about this. DMT has a unique character in that it can take you to a totally different place and dimension, while I feel nbome is more "in the present moment", and lacks this reality bending characteristic. But it's still incredibly visual, especially in high doses. But so is DMT. Idk. Sorry I don't have a better answer. Depends on what you consider "visuals".
I mean, visual, for example in the sense of covering or replacing your visual field and surroundings (both eyes open and closed) for complex visual geometry, (or visuals so promiment that they are the same with closed and open eyes) and what is the quality/style of it.
I used to to think that this is a trademark effect of DMT, and it can be sometimes achieved with high doses or other pscyh's (I have seen 25i-NBOME usually in that list (and it usually needs lower doses to do so than most of other psych's)).

I have also read that DMT geometry is the most intrincate and "structured/geometrical" out there, but I don't know. Maybe there are other characteristics as how colourful it is or other stylistic variations, in the visuals that differ in DMT and NBOMEs, and soome people find also impressive.

There is also other aspects of visuals that are harder to compare (for example some drifting, distortions or tracers are more likely to be observed/analysed in the NBOMEs, as you have more time to walk and interact with your environment, even though they can be also very strong in DMT).

I know that every psych has its own style so I guess it's hard to compare. Would you say that DMT and 25i are the most visual or you consider other as visual as them (following that reasoning)? Maybe 2C-P or ETH-LAD?

Also this reality bending experience of DMT is hard to analyze. I guess it is partly due to the intense hallucinogeninc headspace of DMT (way more prominent that any NBOMe) and partly a visual characteristic (how the geometry of the space is modified in the DMT breakthrough). What do you think?

Then DMT would be the one that would allow you to have the most intense "visual" (or extra dimensional) experience. The drugs are nothing a like.
Yes, I know they are quite different in the psychedelic experience. Just I am curious about the visual comparission from people who has experience with the two, as they are both usually considered very visual

I mean, visual, for example in the sense of covering or replacing your visual field and surroundings (both eyes open and closed) for complex visual geometry, (or visuals so promiment that they are the same with closed and open eyes) and what is the quality/style of it.
I used to to think that this is a trademark effect of DMT, and it can be sometimes achieved with high doses or other pscyh's (I have seen 25i-NBOME usually in that list (and it usually needs lower doses to do so than most of other psych's)).

I have also read that DMT geometry is the most intrincate and "structured/geometrical" out there, but I don't know. Maybe there are other characteristics as how colourful it is or other stylistic variations, in the visuals that differ in DMT and NBOMEs, and soome people find also impressive.

There is also other aspects of visuals that are harder to compare (for example some drifting, distortions or tracers are more likely to be observed/analysed in the NBOMEs, as you have more time to walk and interact with your environment, even though they can be also very strong in DMT).

I know that every psych has its own style so I guess it's hard to compare. Would you say that DMT and 25i are the most visual or you consider other as visual as them (following that reasoning)? Maybe 2C-P or ETH-LAD?

Also this reality bending experience of DMT is hard to analyze. I guess it is partly due to the intense hallucinogeninc headspace of DMT (way more prominent that any NBOMe) and partly a visual characteristic (how the geometry of the space is modified in the DMT breakthrough). What do you think?
I can't compare to 2cp and eth-lad, but do have experience with 2cb/I/e and al-lad + lsd. I think all of them are capable of taking you to a similar place visually imo, I've seen stunning shit that I couldn't believe on tryptamines/phens + lysergamides, and especially in combination with dissociatives. They are all extremely visual if taking the right dose.

The difference is the headspace, and you're right DMT is very hard to analyze due to the intensity of the experience, maybe if I had tried Ayahuasca I could compare better. But I will say, I'm not the best at describing/analyzing visuals for any substance really, so maybe my analysis is lacking but imo they all have the same capacity for creating beautiful and intricate geometry, so it's hard to say which is "more" visual. They just have different characters and headspaces.