• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Final Fantasy game?

which is the best?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Final Fantasy III

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Final Fantasy IV

• Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

• Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Final Fantasy X

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Final Fantasy X-2

• Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

• Total voters
If I must pick one, then I'd choose FFXII. One of the most beautiful games ever, in fact.

But if I had to pick my favourite square game, then Vagrant Story definitely takes the cake :)

Tactics by far. FFIX and FFX were amazing, FFVII, FFVI and FFIV were good, FFV was alright, and the rest (FFVIII, FFXII, FF1, FFII, FFIII) sucked ass in my book.

To be honest I never brought myself to finish FFXII. Endless dungeon crawling, sparse storyline, shitty battle system, boring characters, and mediocre soundtrack. And that's saying something considering I liked FFIV.

Last edited:
Tactics has the best story line, class development, replayability, difficulty level, etc etc etc. The game is amazing.

^^ The card game was the only thing decent about FF8. There are so many things wrong with that game. The junction system is broken (if you junction, say, x-potions to your health and then need to use one, your health goes down). Magic spells are now items? Ghey. There's no armor, there are like 3 weapons per character which aren't even worth upgrading to...so money is worthless. Don't even get me started on the story..."Hey guyz lol, guess what I just remembered?" Ugh.

FFXI is probably my favorite but not on the list, I played this game for about 2 years with around 4500-5000 hours playtime (no joke) and that doesn't even come close to others who I had known playing the game, but I have a life now so I don't play it anymore, and since its not on the list it doesn't count anyway!
so i'm going with final fantasy 6, very good memorys of this game, can't get enough of that 16bit goodness.

FF 3 was great as far as story and developing a GREAT gameplay and free roaming system.

7 though....just WOW!! Sephiroth is still FF's ultimate badass.

The one winged angel.

I can't believe that only 1 other person thinks 12 is the best.

Come on! The soundtrack alone makes it far better than all other FFs!!

I can't wait to get back to Canada JUST to play it, ok, and Persona III ;).

i love reading threads like this because it gets me in the mood to undertake a final fantasy again.

i think it'll be 8 this time.

8's stroy was kinda lame.

Actually was it nine were they went retro look? That one sucked too.