Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favorite: tim burton film?

which is best?

• the island of agor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stalk of celery

• doctor of doom

• luau

• vincent

• frankenweenie (984)

• pee-wee's big adventure

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • beetle juice

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • batman

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • edward scissorhands

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • batman returns

• ed wood

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • mars attacks!

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • sleepy hollow

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • the world of stainboy

• planet of the apes (2001)

• big fish

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • charlie and the chocolate factory (2005)

• corpse bride

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • sweeney tood: the demon barber of fleet street

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
I did love big fish tho but i guess edward scissorhands cuz its the classic

n where da fux nightmare be4 xmas? my lil sister used to watch that one over n over. weird lil brat when she was a kid

^Nightmare Before Christmas wasn't directed by Tim Burton though, only written by him.

I really don't like his newer stuff.

Ed Wood is one of my all time favorites.

Nightmare Before Christmas wasn't directed by Tim Burton though, only written by him.
still, it's my second favourite film. it deserves to be in every poll, including best american film, non-american film, best tim burton film and best non-tim burton film

Last edited:
Beetle juice.

No question. Batman was good for its time, but it's aged badly.

Michael Keaton's finest hours.

^Nightmare Before Christmas wasn't directed by Tim Burton though, only written by him.

very true but its still something he was part of whether directed or written. i think the fact that he wrote it makes him even a bigger part of it, it was his idea

ya meaann?

^ If we're going to include writing we need to re-do a lot of polls here. :D

one trick pony?

"Alice in Wonderland 3D" and "Sweeney Todd" helmer Tim Burton is doing yet another remake with a 3D stop-motion animated version of "The Addams Family" reports Deadline NY.

This new version however will not be related to the classic TV comedy or the 90's films, but rather the original Charles Addams drawings that appeared in New Yorker magazine and inspired the show. This version will likely have a more adult and witty tone in line with the original drawings.

A writer is being sought for the film and should be hired shortly. Burton's next project, "Frankenweenie", uses a 3D/stop-motion technique that will also be employed on this.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16657/tim-burton-making-addams-family-3d-

Nightmare Before Christmas is my favourite movie, Burton's idea, Selick directing & Danny Elfman's singing/music just make it magical.

Out of the stuff he actually directed Ed Wood, Vincent & Edward Scissorhands are probably favourites. The Batman ones were cool.

Beetlejuice scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Apart from Big Fish his stuff since Ed Wood has been pretty weak. Alice, Charlie & Corpse Bride were complete crap.

Big Fish was good

but does this thread got no love for Coraline? Nightmare before christmas?

Wish Alice in Wonderland woulda been better. i enjoyed it but expected much more

Burton had nothing to do with Coraline at all. I wish people would stop attributing it to him. It's written by Neil Gaiman & directed by Selick; Selick also directed Nightmare Before Christmas hence why it's not on the list above. Tim Burton designed the characters & other bits for Nightmare & wrote the basic story in the form of a poem, he didn't write the screenplay or anything.

Nightmare Before Christmas with Sleepy Hollow close in second...

nightmare is possibly the best film ever made imo (its even called "Tim Burtans the Nightmare Before Christmas"... but since it wasnt directed by burton id have to go with mars attacks as a second and ed wood as a third.

Burton had nothing to do with Coraline at all. I wish people would stop attributing it to him. It's written by Neil Gaiman & directed by Selick; Selick also directed Nightmare Before Christmas hence why it's not on the list above. Tim Burton designed the characters & other bits for Nightmare & wrote the basic story in the form of a poem, he didn't write the screenplay or anything.

I watched Coraline yesterday

while i dont claim to know anything about Coraline or Tim Burton, the movie for sure says Tim Burton in the pre movie credits.

he had some part in the movie, or it wouldnt say his name

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000318/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/tim_burton/

Can't see anything about it on those.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327597/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/coraline/

& nothing about him on the movie's pages.

I guess he's friends with Selick, so it could have been a shout out, but he had nothing to do with the movie as far as I can tell.

I'll have to watch again, but I don't remember his name popping up, but I don't pay much attention to opening credits.

EDIT//just watched the opening sequence & can't see his name anywhere.

Last edited: