• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Which is worse: meth or coke?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so I'll start by saying that when I say "worse" I mean health-wise, psychologically, addictivity, etc. For example, I'm recovering from a heroin addiction, and if I compared heroin to cannabis I'd say heroin is worse because it causes withdrawals, changes your brain chemistry, fucks with your memory, and I found it to be very addictive. However, I'd say I've done stupider shit while high on weed than heroin, where I'm usually non-functional, so in that aspect weed is "worse" in my opinion. That's the problem when I tried researching this though, all I found was opinions and very little fact.

So, which would be a worse habit to have, even if it's only occasional use: meth or coke?

A friend of mine had her life ruined by meth, I never got the full story though so I'm not sure how. I've heard stories of coke addicts also messing up their life though. I'm only curious because I'll be trying coke in a few days for the first time, but I also have the ability to obtain some meth if I wanted to. My only experience with stimulants is that I used to snort adderall once or twice a week probably a year or two ago, I assume meth would be comparable to that (albeit stronger)?

And lastly, out of curiosity, which do you prefer?

If you're a recovering Heroin addict, I wouldn't try either of them. People who have been addicted to a substance aren't really able to use occasionally. If you weren't in recovery i'd say cocaine would be a better "once in awhile" drug to use maybe only when you're drunk. Methamphetamine is really damaging to the body no matter which route of administration you choose (oral desoxyn is probably least damaging). Obviously once you have used to the point where you're physically addicted meth is harder to get off because the withdrawal feels like a never ending crash (from what i've been told, i never got addicted to it). I prefer coke X100 but i only will do it if i'm drunk

If you're a recovering Heroin addict, I wouldn't try either of them. People who have been addicted to a substance aren't really able to use occasionally. If you weren't in recovery i'd say cocaine would be a better "once in awhile" drug to use maybe only when you're drunk. Methamphetamine is really damaging to the body no matter which route of administration you choose (oral desoxyn is probably least damaging). Obviously once you have used to the point where you're physically addicted meth is harder to get off because the withdrawal feels like a never ending crash (from what i've been told, i never got addicted to it). I prefer coke X100 but i only will do it if i'm drunk
I've already made up my mind that me and some friends are doing coke in a few days, nothing will really change that. Buying meth as well isn't set in stone, it was just a thought.

meth has destroyed many more lives than coke, most people can't afford enough coke for it to get to that point honestly lol

and that is why i prefer coke, i can't afford it for daily use so it keeps me in check

There's no fucking contest here. It's meth. 100% meth. It makes crack look truly wack by comparison (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Coke. You're better off with coke I reckon cos the high isn't nearly as devastating as meth, you can sleep more easily which is paramount to not feeling like complete shit. You don't IV so you will not get too high and have to face the "too low" when you come down.

In Australia unless you clean up your coke (I think most of the coke bought off the street in most developed nations needs cleaning up from what I've read here and elsewhere) it's nowhere near the high that the average meth will deliver. It's all subjective stuff but I think a few others will agree that all things considered if you IV'd coke and IV'd meth (on separate occasions) you'd stick with meth. I've had this question posed to me many times in the past and here in Australia the meth is just too good - bang for buck.

Do the blow and have fun!

So I'm saying meth is worse for your health than coke.

Meth as it drains dopamine reserves for effect while coke just prevents dopamine and a couple others from refilling their reserves with extra unused neurotransmitters floating around the brain. Both are horrid when abused though.

That being said for your situation I wouldn't try either as your just asking to start a habit that will ruin your life. Know the coke will not be pure and likely cut with meth. If you had 99% pure cocaine it would be worth trying, but again you are not getting anywhere close to that purity without going straight to where it is produced south of the border.

Meth is just a disgusting drug people resort to as it is cheap and so abundantly available people choose it as they want something, don't care what, and only care to find something that gets them "high." I highly recommend never trying it.... It's useful for narcolepsy where one would fall asleep at the drivers wheel without it, but besides that it is garbage.... Like the opposite of MDMA. Really if you want a stimulant to do once a month you are better off sourcing good MDMA, which is becoming more available as of the last couple years

Edit: Shadow I didn't even realize this was a thread opened by you. Don't do either..... Keep seeking the help we discussed. Both compounds will only make your problems worse.

IV meth is a lot of a great thing, IV coke is only a little of a great thing. So obviously meth is "better". :)

It's definitely not in the spirit of HR, but IMO...if you're gonna do meth, IV is the way to go. I haven't slammed it in a while (3 months or so?) but the other ROAs seem lackluster once you've taken a good shot.

Meth as it drains dopamine reserves for effect while coke just prevents dopamine and a couple others from refilling their reserves with extra unused neurotransmitters floating around the brain. Both are horrid when abused though.

That being said for your situation I wouldn't try either as your just asking to start a habit that will ruin your life. Know the coke will not be pure and likely cut with meth. If you had 99% pure cocaine it would be worth trying, but again you are not getting anywhere close to that purity without going straight to where it is produced south of the border.

Meth is just a disgusting drug people resort to as it is cheap and so abundantly available people choose it as they want something, don't care what, and only care to find something that gets them "high." I highly recommend never trying it.... It's useful for narcolepsy where one would fall asleep at the drivers wheel without it, but besides that it is garbage.... Like the opposite of MDMA. Really if you want a stimulant to do once a month you are better off sourcing good MDMA, which is becoming more available as of the last couple years

Edit: Shadow I didn't even realize this was a thread opened by you. Don't do either..... Keep seeking the help we discussed. Both compounds will only make your problems worse.
I'm 3 weeks clean of heroin so buying more is out of the question, I'm out of benzos and although I could afford to buy more finally I already bought coke so I've got that laying around, and drinking daily drained most of my alcohol. I'm still going to seek help, but until I can get an appointment set up nothing has changed...I still can't stand living life sober so I need something to use. It's better than using heroin again, and it helps me out. I can't afford a habit of coke so no way I'll get addicted, and my friend is really looking forward to it so I wouldn't back out on him. Meth I could afford to use habitually, but 12 hours of tweaking is too long for my preference so that won't likely happen. After the coke is used up I'll probably just switch back to Etizolam or something. I only plan on using coke as many times as this one buy will last me anyway, I don't plan to start a habit of it.

Last edited:
Ya i would have to agree with everyone here. Meth! Meth is way way worse. A single meth high is like staying up doing line after line of coke for 12+ hours straight. And not in a good way, i mean like the impact it has on your body and organs physically, and your mind mentally.

Honestly, if you can, stay away from both, but if you insist, just do small bumps of cocaine. A much lighter and more enjoyable high that won't make you a tweaking maniac. And when you want the high to end, you just don't redose or run out and you can be asleep within the hour.

I can't recall a single time i ever did meth that didn't end in chaos, with me being both a physical and mental and emotional trainwreck.

Ya i would have to agree with everyone here. Meth! Meth is way way worse. A single meth high is like staying up doing line after line of coke for 12+ hours straight. And not in a good way, i mean like the impact it has on your body and organs physically, and your mind mentally.

Honestly, if you can, stay away from both, but if you insist, just do small bumps of cocaine. A much lighter and more enjoyable high that won't make you a tweaking maniac. And when you want the high to end, you just don't redose or run out and you can be asleep within the hour.

I can't recall a single time i ever did meth that didn't end in chaos, with me being both a physical and mental and emotional trainwreck.
Yeah, sounds like meth is definitely worse. I may buy some anyway just to try it out, but I don't think I'll want to make a habit of it. Main reason being that it lasts so long.

Meth is worse for you, but much more "worth it". Coke IMO is not worth doing ever. Everyone wants to try it once and that's fine. However abusing it sucks balls. Meth is much more abusable. Price/quality/high everything is better even though it may be worse for you in the long term.

IV meth is a lot of a great thing, IV coke is only a little of a great thing. So obviously meth is "better". :)

It's definitely not in the spirit of HR, but IMO...if you're gonna do meth, IV is the way to go. I haven't slammed it in a while (3 months or so?) but the other ROAs seem lackluster once you've taken a good shot.
As tempting as that sounds, I've never injected drugs before. I've heard the same of heroin, but I never ended up injecting it I'd just smoke it. I'll probably smoke or snort the meth as well.

Although honestly since going clean off heroin I've been having dreams often about using again, and every single time I'm always injecting it in the dream so I'm tempted to try injecting heroin. Maybe when I have experience I'll inject meth too, but it's unlikely as i don't foresee me liking meth.

The funny thing is, I've IVed heroin as well, and even though I've experienced it, I still smoked heroin about as much as I shot heroin, actually I probably smoked more than I shot. Smoking was just a different, more relaxing high I thought, whereas shooting was really intense and often left me jittery and lightheaded.

On the other hand, I hate smoking meth, even though the bioavailability is quite comparable to shooting. More fiendish and I hate the taste of meth. I don't really feel that much of a need to re-dose when I'd IV, too (although I think I might be in the minority of IV meth users on this point)...I could take a shot in the early morning and just ride it out for most of the day, and come down in the afternoon and not redose.

The funny thing is, I've IVed heroin as well, and even though I've experienced it, I still smoked heroin about as much as I shot heroin, actually I probably smoked more than I shot. Smoking was just a different, more relaxing high I thought, whereas shooting was really intense and often left me jittery and lightheaded.

On the other hand, I hate smoking meth, even though the bioavailability is quite comparable to shooting. More fiendish and I hate the taste of meth. I don't really feel that much of a need to re-dose when I'd IV, too (although I think I might be in the minority of IV meth users on this point)...I could take a shot in the early morning and just ride it out for most of the day, and come down in the afternoon and not redose.
I had no idea IVing heroin was so different than smoking it, I heard they produce similar rushes. Although snorting heroin and smoking it have very different effects as well, so I guess I should have expected that. Sounds interesting though, I'm actually kind of tempted to go get some needles now just to try it out. Is there a specific needle size and such that should be used or is it based on preference?

Addicts don't plan to start habits or become addicted even many plan not to, but shit just happens. Don't kid yourself about the risks.

That said do the coke with your friend, but I suggest leaving your friend the leftovers and working on trying to be sober even if you think you can not without the medical support as you will need to start somewhere and the more you wait to stop the harder it will be to stop in the end.

DO NOT get the meth. You have no need for it.... The one time I used it I spent the day after crying unable to be alone as it left me feeling so bad on the comedown physically and mentally. Just get some MDMA if you really want a stimulant like that as it is not nearly as toxic.

DO NOT buy heroin to inject it. You will not be able to stop. You won't even have narcan or someone around in case you OD leaving you dead for real. You will destroy your life. It will literally lead me to give up making effort to see you do better as it will hurt me to see you go down that path and I already shed enough tears with my own life problem. Just do not screw up and relapse in any way as it is not worth it

Stop this mindset of what drugs can you try as you can't right now without hurting yourself or interfering with the treatment your seeking. Just focus on things like exercise, art, and social interaction. Give up this pursuit of experimenting with drugs, which you can always do later when your life is in order.

In your thread on benzo's you said you have used coke twice....now today you say you are going to be using it for the first time in a few days. Which is the truth? If you are going to lie it helps to be consistent.

In your thread on benzo's you said you have used coke twice....now today you say you are going to be using it for the first time in a few days. Which is the truth? If you are going to lie it helps to be consistent.
I was probably thinking of snorting adderall in the benzos thread, and was also probably fucked up when i made it, I've never used coke before...