• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which is Safest Long Term: Remeron, Ambien, or Secobarbital?

You won't take an SSRI but you'll take remeron a serotonin blocker?

You shouldn't get any withdrawal from remeron. Ive been prescribed ambien for years & I never had any issues with dependency, but I abuse it. They never last the whole month so I might be avoiding withdrawal by abusing it lol.

Ambien does basically the same thing to the brain as kolonopin. I think kolonopin works better.

I highly doubt you'll find a doctor that would prescribe secobarbitual. No way dude lol. Not in 2015 maybe in 1940 you'd have a chance.
AMbien and klonopin are similar? No wonder I got so fucked up from 2 weeks of ambien. Precipitates mood disorders like a MF!

^ Ambien is what's reffered to as a "nonbenzodiazepine". Since both are GABAa positive alosteric modulators they are cross-tolerant and have some similarities in effect, though at high doses they become very different. To give you an idea of how similar nonbenzo's are to standard benzos.

Nonbenzodiazapene's a class of psychoactive drugs that are very benzodiazepine-like in nature. Nonbenzodiazepines pharmacodynamics are almost entirely the same as benzodiazepine drugs and therefore employ similar benefits, side-effects, and risks. Nonbenzodiazepines, however, have dissimilar or entirely different chemical structures and, therefore, are unrelated to benzodiazepines on a molecular level.

Wow, they're really that similar? That's pretty cool actually. Although i really only take my klonopin like two to three times a week as needed even though i'm prescribed to take it twice a day.

Think it would help keep away the Remeron withdrawals as well if i take it when i'm feeling that? Or are those ones way too different?
Remeron is a completely unrelated drug and neither klonopin nor ambien will cover it's withdrawal.

So... To follow up on this, i went to the doctor today and he reccomended i try ambien. Will now be trying that one out as i half my remeron dose every couple weeks. Is it even safe to take Ambien and Remeron at the same time though? With klonopin during the day as well.

And can you skip days of ambien?