• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which inhalant is the lowest of the low in your opinion?

Dissociative activity?? Might be entirely different but I heard about PCP feeling like one was in a video game or movie and think it's not too far off from what I have experienced and loved on a couple of dissos.

I never huffed anything but when I was desperate for a high I had to think of trying. Might still if I remain in the dark place where I am currently and see no more use for my brain. Read some interesting (in a weird way) trip reports on I think it was erowid, about near death experiences and similar stuff on inhalants. Like seeing reincarnated souls stuff.

But is gasoline really psychoactive or does one just feel the hypoxia?
I did hear that Freon has dissociative effects similar to PCP or other powerful dissociatives. I know a guy who used to huff Freon back in '04 but quit after he had the trip from hell that involved a little girl with a psychotic smile trying to eat him alive. He stopped after he crashed his car when he hallucinated the girl suddenly appearing in front of his windshield. Really scary shit.

As for gasoline, I read on this forum that gasoline and other street inhalants mess with your ion channels and that's how they create psychoactive effects. Either that, or it could be delirium caused by a lack of oxygen, or both.

Edit: Here's the link explaining how inhalants get you high https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/can-someone-explain-how-exactly-inhalants-get-you-high.800932/

Read some reports about Freon on Erowid (google erowid freon) and it certainly sounds like a dissociative. But also a very short acting one, like n2o (or, probably, Xenon). So it's an atypical inhalant and seemingly of 'low toxicity', whatever this means, according to Wikipedia and also not a single substance but a trade name for a couple of structurally similar hydrocarbons. Seems people go spot air conditioners and get high on them, lol never thought that'd be possible.

But as NMDA receptors contain an ion channel, could then most inhalants exhibit dissociative properties to a certain degree? Of course less selective as our brain has various sorts of ion channels unrelated to NMDAr's.

To the topic, I guess it depends on what you are judging with low. The origin (then AC units might certainly count) or the toxicity (then probably glue and gasoline). I vote for gasoline I'd say. Saw a vid on YouTube about a woman who was addicted to gasoline and couldn't stop huffing but seemingly didn't get much psychoactivity at all.

Just found this report of somebody huffing over more than two decades, married and holding a job with a decent salary.

Last edited:
Freon and other fluorinated hydrocarbons such as duster gas can sensitize the heart to adrenaline and predispose folks to dangerous arrythmias.

Nitrous and ether are about the safest (if you ignore the fire risk from ether).

Freon and other fluorinated hydrocarbons such as duster gas can sensitize the heart to adrenaline and predispose folks to dangerous arrythmias.

Nitrous and ether are about the safest (if you ignore the fire risk from ether).
Yup. "Sudden inhalant death syndrome". Google it. Sudden death is rarely good.

Freon is like a dirty, crappy feeling Nitrous in some ways. Glue (toluene) feels dirtier and lighter fluid and gasoline even dirtier. They all are similar and feel similar to Nitrous but as I said, nastier. Nitrous is your "kinder and gentler" inhalant.

One of my "innocence lost" moments in life was when I saw people selling Freon balloons as Nitrous at Dead shows.

Now, I want to try Ether but am afraid of getting on a govt list. Prolly not worth it at my age.

Freon is like a dirty, crappy feeling Nitrous in some ways. Glue (toluene) feels dirtier and lighter fluid and gasoline even dirtier. They all are similar and feel similar to Nitrous but as I said, nastier. Nitrous is your "kinder and gentler" inhalant.

One of my "innocence lost" moments in life was when I saw people selling Freon balloons as Nitrous at Dead shows.

Now, I want to try Ether but am afraid of getting on a govt list. Prolly not worth it at my age.
Ether isnt too hard to get legally, but it leaves you so smelly for like 24 hours afterward that I'd never likely do it again. Plus its so fiendish and intoxicating but also so flammable. If it smelled nice and wasn't as flammable I'd probably do it more, but it would likely be illegal as many would do it more.

Ether isnt too hard to get legally, but it leaves you so smelly for like 24 hours afterward that I'd never likely do it again. Plus its so fiendish and intoxicating but also so flammable. If it smelled nice and wasn't as flammable I'd probably do it more, but it would likely be illegal as many would do it more.
Yeah absolutely stinks!

I once stunk out the top deck of a long journey double decker bus with small bottle that had been double wrapped and taped up😂

Yeah absolutely stinks!

I once stunk out the top deck of a long journey double decker bus with small bottle that had been double wrapped and taped up😂
Degenerate energy.

I once did ether on a sunday not knowing about the lingering smell, and then went to work the next day all stinky. A person who was training me complained on the elevator that the construction here made the elevators smell like formaldehyde. I didn't correct him and say, "no, diethyl ether."

You're not going to get on a government watchlist for buying ether

Degenerate energy.

I once did ether on a sunday not knowing about the lingering smell, and then went to work the next day all stinky. A person who was training me complained on the elevator that the construction here made the elevators smell like formaldehyde. I didn't correct him and say, "no, diethyl ether."

I had a similar experience with people getting into room and asking – Wtf smells? Did they polish floor or something?

Most inhalants will cause serious brain and organ damage over time.

I don't usually huff anything other than ether, nitrous, or isobutyl nitrite.

Even isobutyl nitrite is a bit iffy.

Last edited:
The old literature on glue sniffing were some interesting trip reports. Words stuck in my memory like "concatony of angels and song". I am willing to bet if inhalants were totally safe that more people would do it more regularly. I only say this as this is what I thought when ketamine became popular. (forgive me for that it was just a personal thought that has changed over the years).

People like altered states. But I think the dangers here keep many away. I tried about 4 or 5 times and closed myself in a room and huffed. It did seem like a choir was singing in the background. Maybe because I was close to death. lol I remember taking a good hit of acid a few days after my last huff to "correct my focus". Strawberry blotter.

It felt like i was in a video game really
I ve had a similar experience with trieline ( trichloroethylene ? in Italy is called trielina). Seriously the shittiest shit I ve ever tried in my 14-15 along with Rohypnols and methadone for recreational purposes ( we used to buy these two from hardcore junkies , trielina from hardware stores, :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:)

It did seem like a choir was singing in the background. Maybe because I was close to death. lol
This is interesting because I too heard a choir sometimes during my period of heavy dissociative (mostly deschloroketamine) abuse, when I had seriously overdone it. Wonder whether this really means one was close to death or just some weird symptom. It wasn't unpleasant as far as I remember but I was too wasted to really listen.

Gold and Silver spray paint are quite common in some parts of the world. Personally, I never had any interest in inhalants, and even No2 was of limited value to me back in the day.

This stuff was widely available back in the 70s and I remember friends sitting in a car for hours smoking weed and passing the bottle around.
iu

Is isopropyl nitrite psychoactive? Thought it was just a vasodilator (?) used for certain sex practices.

They aren't aware of misery because it's all they've known their poor lives. :( I remember telling a kid in rehab that my IV habit cost me 100 Peruvian soles a day. He was mindblowing, he told Me he'd rob to buy 2 soles of glue and get high with that. I was like "oh fuuuuuck...."
It s really fucked up down here in South America isn t it mano ? I have calculated that last month alone I have spent at least three Brazilian minimum wages on coke. I m definitely not rich, is the minimum wage that is a joke and there are families down here that live with less than a minimum wage per month... at least I know for sure that I m giving my money to groups of socially conscious gentlemen that do their best to improve their communities, so que não :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No love for butane? Used to huff that straight out the can when I was a kid. They made it hard to get decent glue in the UK whereas that shit was easy to get so we did that.

Ugh - alkanes are quite dangerous. N2O & Xe2 are the only 2 gasses I will inhale for fun. The latter is a laugh since your voice drops by 2 octaves....

Is isopropyl nitrite psychoactive? Thought it was just a vasodilator (?) used for certain sex practices.
It is, mildly so. People would sniff it at the point of orgasm with hetero sex as well. It burns like hell if you spill it on your privates, um, I've heard