• 4-HO Family

Votes: 151 15.7%
  • DOx Family

Votes: 138 14.3%
  • I would legalize all drugs

Votes: 449 46.6%

• Total voters
StagnantReaction said:
IMO, complete legalization (besides cocaine/heroin/meth) would be perfectly fine in society if there was a positive attitude towards altered states, plenty of free treatment options, and slight regulation on the limits that one could have. Also, the selling of drugs would need to be illegal.

What the hell? How would anyone get the legal drugs if selling drugs were illegal?

The results of the poll and the attitudes of the people who don't want to legalize all drugs are sickening. How can you hate yourself so much or be so hypocritical?
Chill Scooby

Last edited by a moderator:
^i don't think its that. They probably lack the self responsibility to use wisely themselves, so why would they trust anyone else to do the same? its much easier for them to have the nanny state step in.

Why is there any necessity to use them responsibly? Do these same people wish motor vehicles, cigarettes, competitive sports, guns, etc. were all illegal too? These things can all be much more dangerous than irresponsible drug use.

I wouldn't 'legalize' drugs as in go to the 'drug bar' and take some drugs. I would give real, practical solutions to drug addicts, and treat it as a health disorder. Take away the illegal market, and give addicts a chance to live normally. Drugs of habit are auctually quite cheap across the board.

Interesting. Here's an idea, replace the doctor wilh the pharmacist. No prescriptions would be needed, but phamacists would still have the right to refuse sale to anyone they might think has a problem, and could ask their customers what they need it for, etc. There would no doubt be pharmacists who dould sell anything to anyone, though they'd be taking a serious risk of lawsuit, which would be the best way to ensure order and responsibilty.

mulberryman, now there's a reasonable proposal. Let the doctors be there for helping with addiction or side effects, let the users work with the pharmacist to self-medicate.

i would like to say, that i live in chronic pain, and i can function fully even when nodding out at school, my grades were about b average, some a's some c's but i got cut off and being home schooled because i cant do much without crying because my dam back hurts so bad but ne ways, the addicting shit is more controlled for a reason, people would probably and most likely capitalize on peoples addiction and have tax's and charge out the ass for legal heroin or opiates, but they already do that with tobacco no? i saw a thing for 159% tax increase at the gas station which it said about 4 dollers more a carton. so if greed wasnt a factor, in a perfect world everyone would be equal, but some body will capitalize on addictions and i would pay anything just for my pain relief, but saying that, if all drugs legalized made the world perfect then legalize the shit :p

It is sad, but the best advice for people of limited means that are in cronic pain in America is to follow the Afngani example and start growing poppies. A fully mature bulb produces about 8-10 mg of morphine and 1-2 mg of codeine in its opium latex which can be easily scraped and collected, all the information is on the internet; good luck, my fellow Americans. :\

mulberryman said:
It is sad, but the best advice for people of limited means that are in cronic pain in America is to follow the Afngani example and start growing poppies. A fully mature bulb produces about 8-10 mg of morphine and 1-2 mg of codeine in its opium latex which can be easily scraped and collected, all the information is on the internet; good luck, my fellow Americans. :\

I hear "guerrilla gardening" is also very easy with poppies since they require practically no tending whatsoever. Just find a vacant lot and sprinkle some seeds.

They seed themselves so well too. One may hardly have to garden at all, although not as much up here in the northern country, where finding them in the wild is a real treat.

in some ways i would only like the psychedelics to be legalized. but in reality it should be my right to choose what goes into my body, thats not the governments decision to make...

Psychedelics are probably the last ones they'll legalize. Don't you know they make money off all those addictions, especially the street varieties. Maybe that's why you can buy methamphetamine legally without a rx here in the states, if you know where to look, of course. Hint... try the cold medicine aisle. ;)

Coolio said:
Why is there any necessity to use them responsibly? Do these same people wish motor vehicles, cigarettes, competitive sports, guns, etc. were all illegal too? These things can all be much more dangerous than irresponsible drug use.

There obviously isn't any necessity for responsibility if you don't have a very high self esteem. In my opinion the downfalls of irresponsible drug use are self evident, and the consequences to the user are serious enough that adding criminal penalties is absurd.

If you give two shits about your health and well being, there clearly is a necessity.

i'm for legalizing everything, but since the only drug i really care about being legalized is opium, i'd just choose that one. why fight all those battles. at least opium and its ilk are used in the medical industry, i'd be happy just getting codeine or tramadol made OTC. hell i guess i'll throw in marijuana since a lot of my friends love it.

Its all practically legal already.

Stop incriminating yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
spiralza said:
Pot and psychedelics definitely should be legal, but anything that's potentially addictive should continue to be kept in check.

Pot has been proven to be both psychologically and physically addictive. Please elaborate.

willow11 said:
I wouldn't legalise them, just repeal all laws controlling them. Similar to the way there are no rules on what colour clothese we wear, there should be no rules on what type of thoughts we think.

Smart words from a smart Bluelighter.