• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Which drug do you wish you NEVER tried?

weed and speed

weed everyday and speed/meth pills all weekend, made me have a nervous breakdown in my early 20's but i should have known better, schizophrenia runs in my biological father's family. Pity i didn't know that till after the psycotic episode. Must admit i had a blast ten years ago fucking myself up On the flip side i've messed around with lot's of smack and never been strung out on that. Quit smoking cigs two years ago but i'm still wearing the nicotine patch.

Interesting, why would you say that about DXM?

I'm one of those unlucky people with an enzyme deficiency (CYP2D6) which means that certain drugs effects me differently. DXM is by far the worst - during the trip I was so dissociated that I had no concept of anything, couldn't think or move. I was incapacitated and violently ill for days afterwards.

Motto of the story - with new drugs start low and go slow. You never know when one will come along and knock you on your ass.

I don't care if DXM gets hate, I fucking love dexing.

I don't hate DXM itself, or anyone who does it. I just don't like what it does to me personally.

I know there's a certain stigma about DXM use, which I've never fully understood. I guess it probably stems from people seeing chugging bottles of cough syrup to be less mature or edgy than 'real' street drugs. Hell, if I liked the effects I wouldn't care!

Besides the violently ill part that sounds like what most dissociatives do anyway haha

^ haha yeah, true. By couldn't move I mean I was literally lying in the same position for over 12 hours and had no memory of the trip beyond the first few minutes either during or after. Only did about 2/3 of a bottle too. Trust me, I wouldn't wish it on anybody...

^ Does not sound like fun. My DXM trips were just unpleasant really... something about that drug does not agree with me. Other dissociatives I've used though (ketamine, methoxetamine) I really like.

I don't wish I'd never tried any drug.

I have never really had any bad drug experiences.

I regret taking two different drugs.

1) Methyl-ampethamine
Because I became addicted to it at a very young age and fucked up future prospects that I could had excelled in, I also suffer from some pretty extreme paranoia when I'm straight now. I still use it from time to time, like once a year, but it seems to be fun for the first couple of hours and the paranoia kicks in hardy.

2) Marijuana
My mum use to always tell me not to smoke weed as my father landed in a mental institution from smoking it, me being young and dumb shrugged it off and said I'll be right.... Then around the age of late 18 early 19 whenever I smoked weed I would hear voices and shit just hits the fan.

I also suffer from either panic attacks or anxiety which I think could be a side effect from the copious numbers of the variety of drugs I've taken.... I've found that 0.5mg of xanax majorly helps this, but the Dr's won't prescribe it... 8)

Last edited:
^ Does not sound like fun. My DXM trips were just unpleasant really... something about that drug does not agree with me. Other dissociatives I've used though (ketamine, methoxetamine) I really like.

I'm an unlucky CYP2D6 poor metaboliser, but even that shouldn't really change the effects so much. DXM seems just downright unpleasent to me and I'm the same in that I fucking LOVE nearly all other dissociatives.

Having tried nearly every widespread recreational drug there is there's only two I can honestly say I regret ever taking.

DXM - As said earlier I'm missing that enzyme so this shit last for days. At about t +40 hours still well under the influence and completely unaware of any drugs contributing to my state I'd convinced myself I had diabetes and marched on down to the emergency room 8o

Alcohol - I think I'm giving it to much credit by calling this a drug. Serves a far greater purpose as solvent... and not for your organs. I've done more damage to myself through bief abuse of this crap than all other drug use combined - and I like to party.

Then there's the non-recreational drugs.

Lexapro - Sent me all kinds of loopy. What kind of psychiatrist prescribes this for an ADHD diagnosis!? 3 Days in I completely flipped my lid in the middle of class and physically HAD to remove myself. Never has anything been able to make my whole world feel just completely 'wrong'. Then came the ritalin, no regrets there.

------------

But all in all, drugs are good kids =D

Paxil is the one drug I wish I had never had.. my life spun out of control after being prescribed paxil.. Manic phases where I wouldn't sleep for a week and one help of a chemical imbalance

^ That reminds me of Zoloft: it made me manic for quite a while and I didn't even know it. I thought I was talking to God and he was ordering me to become a soldier for Israel among other crazy delusions I've talked about on here before. I had a similar experience when I was put on citalopram in hospital. That time I went completely psychotic, thought communists were chasing me and spying on me with special machines. I wrote some insane things down during that time as well that I went back and read after the fact... some of it was completely indecipherable and at one point I ran away from my family because I thought that they were in danger if I stayed with them. The note I left them made them think I was planning on killing myself, and they even went to the police to try and track me down. :\

L3inad said:
Alcohol - I think I'm giving it to much credit by calling this a drug. Serves a far greater purpose as solvent... and not for your organs. I've done more damage to myself through bief abuse of this crap than all other drug use combined - and I like to party.

I've never had addiction issues with alcohol but I don't drink much and plan on trying to stay away from it as much as possible. I'd gone nearly four months without drinking until this weekend when I indulged because of family celebrations. Reminded me again of why I don't like to drink or go out to pubs much.

Actually now I think about it the worst drug experience I have ever had was with Salvia.
When I lived in Canada my roommate and I smoked it. It is the only drug I will never touch again.
It was extremely unpleasant and my heart was pounding in my head. I was sweating like a bastard, scared as hell and unable to comprehend my life.
Never again.

I don't regret doing any drugs, but I definitely regret doing certain crappy ones and not learning to just give them up already (i'm talking to you booze and ciggies!)

I do sort of regret trying oxycodone though, because now I know the magical powers of opiates. I don't think i'll ever forget it either. Luckily it hasn't come back to bite me in the arse.

I'd have to add lexapro to my list too. That drug made me feel so much worse than I already did, it made me anxious as hell and feel borderline insane. That and the retarded advice I got to stop exercising because I'd associate the fast heart rate with anxiety and it'd make me feel worse (wtf?) made for one fucked up period of my life.

any SRRI/SNRI.

I wish I never went so hard into oxymorphone, but I can't say I regret using it. I still would to this day if I thought I could manage that particular drug without fully relapsing.

There have been a few "terror trips" for me that went beyond what most ppl go through on a bad trip. Mixing 2C-I and MDPV sent me into madness. The first and last time I had a candyflip ( 3 tabs of acid and MDMA/MDA pills ) at a massive festival was really fucked up and possibly the most profound "thing" that anyone has experienced ( well it felt that way ). Had a bad shrooms trip in nimbin aswell. I wonder if smoking DMT-changa the night befoe my hippflip contributed to me seeing the death of god?

BUTANE!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck i wish i never got into thaat for that short time fuck knows the damage i did to my brain 8(

MDPV-

Responsible for some of the hands-down most terrifying drug experiences of my life. Caused endless paranoid delusions, eventually got to the point where my dad rented a motel room where I stayed w/ him for about a week while I tried to get my grip on reality back. The level of raw fear that I experienced was beyond all description.

I don't know if regret is the right word and I probably couldn't really specify anything there. However - there is one drug I would never take again - Datura - or any plant with the same alkaloids as that (Brugmansia, Nightshade, etc).

I did it quite a few times (probably less than ten though) when I was about 17-18. There's plenty of things I would probably not seek out these days, but in all honesty there is probably circumstances which I would happily use most things I can think of, except datura.. Interestingly enough it wasn't even my *own* experiences on it that puts me off, it is having watched other people on it, how they behave - it is truly scary to witness. And I know people who haven't really been the *same* since. Whilst I don't really regret having ever taken it, given that, save for some embarrassing situations, nothing truly bad never really came of it for me personally - but I can certainly see it as being the most likely substance I could easily come to regret having should an experience go awry.

Edit: Oh - and nicotine. Probably that is the one for this thread actually, I do certainly regret ever having taken up smoking. Again. And again.

Freakin POPPY SEED TEA. My first one worked out really well, got a nice little buzz that lasted maybe an hour. But that was unfortunately followed by about 5 attempts to repeat what must have been first timer luck. Ended up giving up in disgust after the 5th time I chugged a mug of luke warm crap that made me wretch with each gulp, and got nothing. NOTHING!!! lol, I ended up chucking my last pack of thre damn things in the bin. Never doing that again. What a waste of time and money. My poor stomach has been through enough. I need to be kinder to the little guy! :)