• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Which drug do you think is essential for spiritual developent?

salvia was scary however shamans say it is the greatest healer

I would agree with them. I don't know what was wrong with me but the only way I can express it is to say that I was afflicted with something really really negative. I wasn't able to function very well in society, in my head, etc. I did really well at some things but life was just a constant very dark struggle. Salvia was like a high pressure fire hose sprayed my soul clean and got rid of whatever was plaguing me. It was like waking from a nightmare to find yourself in paradise. I can't even really describe it because its not like the world is different but I am different. It changed me or cleaned me or healed me or something. When I think back to memories or events prior to that experience it is like I'm playing a 3rd person game but the 3rd personness isn't just my vision but my thoughts and feelings and who I was as a human being.. pretty crazy.

no drug is essential but DMT, LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline can help

Ecstacy.

The first time I ever had it in a high dose I had a cathartic d&m for hours with my friends. Up until that point in my life I was a closed book, unable to express emotions other than anger and frustration. Looking back (I don't take drugs now) I can see that as a clear spiritual awakening moment in my life.

Mind you, it has taken me many years to develop into a person who can feel a wide range of emotions and express love in a healthy way. Ecsatcy was just a turning point, an event that let me see what I was missing out on, on what was possible.

I don't think any drug is essential for spiritual development. Although I'm fond of reminding people that drugs and spirituality have an ancient relationship that's worth preserving/restoring, I'd also venture a guess that the majority of people who've ever reached enlightenment have done so entirely without the help of drugs.

I think any drug used immoderately will hinder spiritual growth, since this fosters attachment and fixation.

Marijuana definitely helps with introspection, and getting A BIT beneath the surface layer of life. I don't think it's useful on its own, though, for most people.

DMT is of great value to a spiritual seeker who is brave and secure with himself, I think. It requires little 'extra' in the way of set and setting, to drive home the message that what we perceive on a day to day basis is not all there is to reality.

But the one that takes the cake, I feel, is ketamine. I just don't get why people (at least in the northeastern US) see this drug as dirty and sketchy, and for dirty and sketchy people. To me, it's unbelievably profound. Features include complete loss of the boundary between yourself and the rest of the world, travel to other realms to live out whole other lives, meetings with entities, and ineffable feelings and realizations that language fails miserably to capture. The beginning of a ketamine trip always begins with the thought, I think I'm getting to the bottom of what all this is about. Then layer upon layer of 'me' is stripped away, until I'm left with nothing but pure consciousness, pure 'suchness'. Then the journeylike parts begin. Highly recommended, and very safe for occasional use.

Your posts have been making me very happy lately ;). (not that you ever posted anything objectionable).

While I think no drug should be "essential" for spiritual development, I will never, ever deny the profound effect that Ketamine has had on my life, every single aspect of it.

Ketamine is the closest I was able to get to not-being, and that for me is an honour.

Another drug that seems spiritually-catalytic for me is Nicotine, oddly enough. I use it in the form of patches.

^ Before you apologize too much for using nicotine as an entheogen, remember that that was its original use among Native American shamans. It wasn't a daily use drug for the masses until the Spanish got a hold of it.

I personally find nicotine to have no euphoria at all. It just makes me feel weak, nauseous, and lightheaded. I think I must have a genotype that makes me unable to enjoy nicotine. An analysis of my DNA by 23andme.com shows I'm less susceptible to nicotine addiction than the average, and my family tree is almost devoid of smokers.

As a medical professional, I just can't bring myself to recommend nicotine for any purpose. But I find your use of it highly intriguing, Jamshyd.

As a medical professional, I just can't bring myself to recommend nicotine for any purpose.

I agree with your sentiment that nicotine has limited uses, however don't be so quick to completely write it off: IMO there are instances where its an indispensable tool in the pharmacopeia.

Recent studies have hinted that people prone to depression are more likely to smoke because of nicotine's anti-depressant effects, and may require nicotine replacement therapy in order to quit smoking cigarettes. So if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are helping a depressed patient quit smoking it would be wise to consider nicotine replacement in lieu of an option like bupropion.

I'm not a medical professional of course, so take this post with a grain of salt; however, its definitely something to look into. :)

Mescaline has remained one of the best psychedelics I've ever done. It's so under used today compaired to all these "RCs" and I find that to be quite a shame...people popping heaps of TMA-2/7, going.."It's supposed to be LIKE mescalin..so there's no need to ever do mescalin. Eating cactus is nasty yo!"

Many people will say (including myself) that DMT is "the strongest" psychedelic experience..subjectively and generally speaking...but honestly, I think LSD deserves first place. I've found it to be not just the more ESSENTIAL, but the most useful, the most fun, definately ultra spiritual..when I want it to be, and so on. And it's so damn "smart". If I could only live life having done 1 psychedelic, it would have been LSD hands down. That aside (lol, that's a big "that") mescaline is fascinating.

"Heaps" of TMA-2? I wasn't aware that such amounts of TMA-2 even existed. It is a very, very rare drug and has its own positives that are quite distinct from those of LSD and (I presume) Mescaline.

No one thinks TMA-2 (not sure what the 7 stands for) is "supposed to be like mescaline". If anything, it is more like 2C-D and DOM. Perhaps you meant TMA (1). This is not available on the RC market. At least, not overtly.

I personally quite like TMA-2, and that is not because I "think it is supposed to be like mescaline". I have a small sample of pure mescaline in my desk, the only problem is that its ridiculous duration is preventing me from finding the time to try it.

Please, let's keep the my-drug-is-better-than-your-drug out of this forum, or this thread gets locked.

It could be that every drug has something to offer, though the only ones that are "essential" are those chemicals naturally found in the human brain and body.

Didn't read through the whole thread, so don't know if anyone has brought it up yet, but I think this sums it up concisely:

The only thing that is necessary for spiritual development is a Spirit.

Oh come on. Isnt the whole point of gaining enlightenment
To reach a higher state of consiousness through self discipline, hard work and gaining divine knowledge? Just cuz u got high and thought bout things from a different point of view doesnt mean uv "awakened" i mean ppl make the mistake of underestimating the capabilities of man. We were made in the image of god, not looks wise, but in our potential. All of us were born with the potential to be godlike, we"v just lost the knowledge.... I mean a race which has declined so much that we barely use 10% of our brain capacity? Shame on us. And to reach a point where we require illicit substances to expand our little box that we peek out of?? Thats just another dissapointment. Solitude is divine, the only rituals that cud possibly aid us in gaining at-one-ment... Is meditation....Or other such practices. look at the monks in tibet....they levitate, n... We just get high.... Tsk tsk

Last edited:
Jeca said:
. . . that we barely use 10% of our brain capacity?
Hahahaha LOL:)Your quite indignant for someone who comes in spouting wives tales. Welcome to Bluelight anyways Jeca :) It could be though that at some points holding one's primary cultural influences in a bit of contempt is a requisite stage in spiritual development. Maybe only when the mainstream culture is superficial and materialistic.

Google the 10% thing, dig hard do the research, and I bet you will never cite it again.

I agree all and none. Since no one mentioned Salvia yet I mine as well. I had a nice experience on it a few years back and it often is a memory I come back to quite often. The only way I can tie 'other drugs' into the grand scheme of things is there ability to let you realize just how fragile life is and how destructive negative forces can be if you allow them to be.

Salvia experience

Peace,
Seedless

Salvia is the only drug that fits into my theology. It showed me, I believe, what it's like to be completely separated from God (i.e. Hell). Being utterly alone for the first time ever, lost in every way, without hope. Coming back from that, I have come to believe that that God is sustaining me all the time. It wasn't until His presence was ripped away that I realized how all-important it is.

Salvia is the only drug that fits into my theology. It showed me, I believe, what it's like to be completely separated from God (i.e. Hell). Being utterly alone for the first time ever, lost in every way, without hope.

I found it interesting that DMT gave me this experience, paradoxical collapse.. falling into the formless void, 'absolute' Aloneness, or rather the realization of the True Self, was so traumatic to me that it acted as a catalyst in my own spiritual awakening.

I was reading somewhere (I'm a little too lazy to Google where the information is located) about ancient tribes using psychedelics as a means of initiation and simply to seek a higher spirituality. Of course, none of this is completely essential. Your own mind can take you to places previously unknown. You just need the right tools in your bag to work with. For some, it's psychedelics such as shrooms, salvia divinorum, LSD, MDMA, or simply hash. For others, it's language in words that take them to separate states of mind. Everyone has their own sense of truth and spirituality and look for things that take them to the state of mind where they feel comfortable.

To answer your final question of what types of drugs may help when we're reaching out into the spiritual unknown, I'll say Salvia and marijuana in general. Both have helped me see separate sides of the coin and how things that may seem horrible to one person may be a positive experience to another.