• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Which benzos are stronger than ativan?

I have xanax at home but never tried it yet. The problem is if I take it being at home then I cant really tell how well it works in situations where I have strong fear. :/

If 2mg ativan worked as well for me as 1 mg xanax then should I still prefer xanax cause the dose is lower or does this not matter?
Is a low dose healthier and less addictive?

Xanax is stronger than Ativan mg for mg....I would say 1mg of Xanax is about equal to 2mg of Ativan.

I have xanax at home but never tried it yet. The problem is if I take it being at home then I cant really tell how well it works in situations where I have strong fear. :/

If 2mg ativan worked as well for me as 1 mg xanax then should I still prefer xanax cause the dose is lower or does this not matter?
Is a low dose healthier and less addictive?

I don't have any solid facts to back this up, but I would doubt the dosage makes a difference as far as addiction and healthiness are concerned. Xanax might even be more addictive because of its shorter half-life, which may require more frequent doses depending on your situation. IMHO comparing any effects of one drug to another based solely on dosage isn't a good idea.

Hm, like 80% of the benzodiazepines on the market are stronger than lorazepam....

You mean stronger when compared mg to mg?
Cause then it wouldnt really make a difference if I took another benzo which simply came in a higher dose like 10mg valium which is simply stronger cause it's 10mg.

I will ask my doc about xanax but I am sure he will not want to prescribe it. I asked him before if I cant try out another benzo besides ativan simply to be able to compare
and he was against it. Maybe docs are more afraid of xanax.

Aside from a few obscure drugs like librium pretty much all benzos are stronger than ativan.
You're pretty much taking like the smallest dose of the weakest stuff.
Maybe try upping to 3mg? Or like you mentioned, xanax. Doesn't last forever like some of the other ones.

word... well not quite, but close ime, lorazepam's adantage as i'e understood is that theyre a delight to sublingual so handy for panic attacks but ime at far higher doses.....

You mean stronger when compared mg to mg?
Cause then it wouldnt really make a difference if I took another benzo which simply came in a higher dose like 10mg valium which is simply stronger cause it's 10mg.

I will ask my doc about xanax but I am sure he will not want to prescribe it. I asked him before if I cant try out another benzo besides ativan simply to be able to compare
and he was against it. Maybe docs are more afraid of xanax.
There's a little thing called equivalency.

I don't care how anxious u are 30mg oxazepam knocks it dead very underated anxiolytic