• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where will all the big raves be held?

I have to send a "thankyou" Pekkie as I have never been to Waverlypark, so was just speculating.We need this constructive input.
(you'd never have to get a ticket, everybody drop into your place and have the party on your street!!!!
wink.gif
)

CANBERRA!!!! We have plenty of empty space here that noone uses, Parliment House for one.
smile.gif

We are longing for something big to happen here, we are soo deprived. We have one big party a year if that.
frown.gif

SYD helps out sometimes, but we need more gigs.
But no seriously, these days you just can't have an inner city venue. We're being pushed out to the industrial areas, but thats not soo bad, thats where the empty warehouses are, or stadiums.
As for the Docks...well as was said earlier its not the Docks that are screwing up the parties its the production companies, but i'm also with you on needing variety, otherwise it just becomes like a club(a place where you go every weekend).
My CBR 2cents worth.
Adios all~
DJC
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"

I'd turn up to a rave at Parliament House. I'd take a seat on the speakers chair and kick back, totally off guts!

Dont know why you guys hate the docks so much. A party at the docks is like none other. Its what I'm used to and would prefer than a party at say billboards or sirens.
I just hate Future Entertainment for spoiling it. For making it multi-million dollar parties. I HATE FE!!!!! DOWN WITH FE!!!

It's not so much the docks people hate, but the crap parties that have been run there lately... Isn't that right guys?
Personally I don't mind the venue, but I've become a huge fan of bush doofs recently, so won't miss the parties at the docks...
Besides, parties at the docks these days are gonna attract the kinda crowd that go just 'cos its "cool". Not the kinda crowd that I'd want around me, no matter how easy it is for me to ignore them, I won't be able to ignore them the whole night, and I'd rather not have to...
Let them have the docks, I'm going to Kryal Castle
biggrin.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself Tars! Unfortuantely FE and Hardware are now getting sucked in by the lure of the almighty $. More money now going on advertising (which all things being equal just increases the dickhead factor anyway) and less on sound/production. They need to take a serious look at their new 'business strategy'. It needs to be the other way round guys, thats what made you so successful in the first place. Is it just me or has the sound been appalling at the last two docks parties. I mean there is something wrong when I don't have to raise my voice in the middle of the Hardware room to be heard. I wonder if the International DJ's have noticed this also because their sets seem to have matched the quality of the sound also. With 2 notable exceptions being Cari @ Hardware and Hawtin @ Welcome.
Having said all that, I agree with Tars. I honestly think the Docks are an awesome venue, unfortunately the external aboveforementioned factors have contributed to the parties rapidly decreasing in quality. So in conclusion maybe its a good thing they are going. It may even result in a downsizing of 'The Scene' as new venues are not recognised/established. In light of recent events, i don't think is is such a bad thing anway. Just my 0.02 cents
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by E^lEctric (edited 09 January 2001).]

'ere 'ere E^lEctric! Everything you said!!!
smile.gif

It was plain obvious to me after Hardware 17, which is why I gave Welcome a BIG miss.
Back to the underground - let's do it
smile.gif

------------------
BLUELIGHT BENEFIT PARTY
Featuring Bluelight's very own home-grown talent!
Saturday 20th January 2001
Please visit this thread for the full details.

FE shit me right up the wall, crappy events and they have the worst website ever. Over flashed and no fucking information on it at all. Well now that's out of me.
As for a rave at parliament house, that would be the craziest thing ever and think of the talc on those lovely polished floors!
I've always thought that demolition site on the corner of Swanston and Victoria St would be fucking cool. Kind of like bush doof but with big fuck off walls around you and in the middle of the city. Not quite as far fetched as Parliament but no chance I'd think.
F@#k FE, grrrr.

that block is a rmit site as well, so if they allow parteees at storey hall, why not there??? apart from the fact that maybe there is a two storey brick wall half standing, with nothing holding it up. but there are no houses around there, and it would rockkkk the casbah....

I've been working at RMIT for a week.. do you think they'd listen to my suggestions? at least if they did I can get discounted tickets to any events at RMIT venues now!!