• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When to use suboxone after smoking heroin

Whitters86

Greenlighter
My poodle smoked a little bit of h last night and tiny bit this morning. She won't be going through withdrawal, so when would it be safe to take 4mg of suboxone? Tried to post in suboxone thread but they're all closed :(

You dont have to say your poodle we all know the deal,but if you dont withdraw and arent physically addicted i would say the next day you would be alright taking the suboxone

Lol I'm new here. I went ahead and did it and I feel fine. I take suboxone cause it's the only thing that's laying around.

So youre not dependent on opiates and wont be going into withdrawal? Why take the suboxone? Do you feel recreational effects from it? Welcome to Bluelight by the way!

- Hopeless Soul

I wouldn't get involved with suboxone unless absolutely necessary. Keep them for moments when you absolutely need it (e.g. withdrawing). Heroin should be enough for right now :)

@ Whitters, the side effects of suboxone, far outweigh its benefits. It's a very potent partial opioid agonist! Meaning that although the high might not be intense, your tolerance to opiates in general will sky rocket! At this point youre not physically dependent, which is a Godsend! Just ask any addict, and they would "kill" to be in your position, however, if you continue to take the suboxone, you will become physically dependent, and it will happen sooner, than later!

- Hopeless

I dont want to sound preachy, but that^ is how every addict started off.

- Hopeless

^ Then you become physically dependent even faster than "normal" people, since your brain is already "wired" for it. Anyways just be careful switching back and forth from sub to H and vice versa. I'm sure youre aware of the chances of precipitated withdrawal.

- Hopeless Soul

Are you taking the suboxone sublingually? Ever tried intranasally? I recently tried it, and it works so much better and faster, than sublingually!

- Hopeless

^ Thats what I was getting at! Sublingual doesnt do squat! Intanasal has 20% more ba, and hits you so much faster.

- Hopeless soul

If discontinuing H doesn't result in w/d bupe will definitely get you high.

That said, I wouldn't use it that way too often. Very soon you'll find its not working anymore (it skyrockets your tolerance) and then you'll have to withdraw from sub which is a BITCH.

Be careful. When it stops getting you high, make sure to taper down or you may have hell to pay.

Weren't those the days..
I'd say to just kick your dope habit befor you really NEED the subs.. save yourself the agony..
but, do your thing!

I miss the days when I could take a little piece of sub and experience very pleasant and comforting full agonist effects.... It would prolly take me several weeks or over a month of complete abstinence from all opiates to get that back again. I'm just too scared to go thru the pain... Lol