• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your top mood enhancement supplements?

i like "pre-workouts" for a decent but weak OTC stimulant, particularly DS craze.

5-HTP
L-Tyrosine
Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea (okay, it's a tea and not a supplement, but it does relax me and help me sleep- I'm a nervous Nellie type :)

From what I've read, hordenine followed by phenethylamine can be very euphoric. And those are sold as supplements.

A good diet, exercise, good rest, abstaining from inebriants. This does wonders supplements can't.

ebola

Allergy medicine. It boosts my mood by stopping allergy attacks.

On a more serious note, I find caffeine pretty effective for depression/anxiety/sleepiness if two conditions are satisfied:
  1. Sugar is also consumed at the same time.
  2. Some amount of excitement or agitation already exists (placebo or logical extension of its activities on neurotransmitters, depending on how you look at it).
However, it has the unfortunate ability to build tolerance in under a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good diet, exercise, good rest, abstaining from inebriants. This does wonders supplements can't.

ebola

Agreed. Nothing run downs my mood more than getting altered once a day and ignoring the basics.

my cACAO maca smoothie is kinda like an adderally mood enhancing supplement , gives me big boners too
also like l theanine and kava when im stressed
sencha green tea

thats about it and now its cold and flu season , elderberryjuice, vit d, and zinc, everyday, but thats immune enhancing not mind but healthy bloah blah

Exercise indeed. Also, I occasionaly take 50-100mg of 5-HTP before I go to sleep. Makes me feel good the next day too. A glass of lukewarm water with half a lemon squeezed into it also works wonders in the morning.

i like "pre-workouts" for a decent but weak OTC stimulant, particularly DS craze.
a bit late in reply but apparently craze tested positive for eth-amphetamine in some batches lol and lots of supp places I use dont carry it anymore.

Rhodiola Rosea
5-HTP
Lions Mane (improves memory)
Reishi (improves general centeredness)
probiotics
topical cannabis
occasional psilocybe microdose

Fish oil
multi-vitamin
caffeine (under 200 mg) in coffee or tea usually
Calcium

These are it at the moment. Need some D3 for the winter though.

weekend addiction,

something to think about adding that is cheap and effective is magnesium. if you eat a lot of greens, don't supplement with it because it will be a waste of cash. if you don't get a lot of it in your diet though, it is super important for a lot of body functions like muscle contraction, so supplementation can help. only mentioned this because i know you bike a lot.

+ A completely balanced, sensible, right-for-my-body, and nutritious diet
+ Sunshine on my skin
+ Proper rest
+ Proper breathing

I drink yerba mate the traditional way and it hits the spot pretty well especially when the days are very short and I have little energy. I would describe it as slightly mood lifting and a bit like caffeine.
I drink coffee a lot and it never has the same effect on me.

ive been grooving on my fermented cod liver oil lately, even got to pull it out of the bottle with an oral syringe and then put it in a spoon,
kind of like old times syringes and spoons,

fish oil.lecithin and nootropic i like the alert in the moment good times