Social What's your non drug addiction?

Pleased to see there's no adult diapers in the list! Lol!

ViewMaster? I didn't even know they made those anymore (let alone the reels). Well. Turns out they do (I just had to check for myself). Now in 3D too so far as I can tell. Although you do realize that on the package it says "suitable for ages 3+"? Lol!

As for the rest: dunno what to say other than good on you for doing your bit to save the planet i.e. you sure don't have to wash underwear on a weekly basis! Lol!

(All in good fun all of the above just by the way i.e. sometimes, somehow, my sense of humor tends to get lost in translation! Lol!).
Hi Dalpat077,
Actually I don’t collect any of the children’s ViewMaster reels, my favorites are from the 1940s-1960s and portray places, events, even in rare cases there were instructional reels made for large companies. I have the wedding of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier, the (I don’t know the correct terminology here but, I think it’s beatification) of Pope Pius the X, Dwight D Eisenhower’s swearing in, etc. I have some reels that are worth $250+

Oh no, I didn’t feel like you made fun of the ViewMaster reels at all 🥰.
I got the really old travel reels from my Grandpa when he died. I started getting into them after that. Then I just stored them for about 20+ years. Then I was in Las Vegas and I saw a ViewMaster store/museum. I was amazed! I had no idea I was sitting on such a valuable collection! I bought the collector’s book and I’ve acquired a few as I find them.
I don’t think I’d ever convert them to print because the big thing about them is their 3D quality. I would love to acquire the 3D projector, though, but few were made and they’re quite expensive.

Non drug addictions; cannabis as I see it as a herd that is something consumed in it's natural state without being chemically modified to use, so for me its a non-drug addiction but most will disagree so if that herb doesn't count then what about mushrooms?

So other then that I can only think of caffeine or some form of sexual activity that gives pleasure and a release of of happy chemicals in your brain.

So besides the above mentioned things, I think the only thing that gives me pleasure in a non consumers chemical way will be happiness, like the sort you get from spending time with good/real friends and love ones that gives your satisfaction from that

Let me guess: does this have anything to do with your extensive "wardrobe"? Lol! (Obviously trying to not be personal here).
Never worry about being personal, I’m pretty much an open book, but I really don’t buy my little wardrobe underpinnings on Amazon. I want you to have an open mind first before I show you what I bought today, and remember, wallpaper isn’t permanent in case I hate it. I’m only doing one accent wall with this. It’s very similar to a wallpaper in a famous hotel.

Come to think about it: that was probably an insult. Sorry. Wasn't thinking.

As for the wallpaper:

I'm not quite sure how to respond to that (not being the artistic type). Nice? Lol! Really don't know what to say (for a change)! Lol! The most in-depth observation I'm capable of making is that it somehow makes me think of your current avatar picture? Lol! Feel like a bit of a fool really i.e. like I SHOULD be able to "get it". But then you are talking to somebody here that likes only pure white painted walls (the whiter the better) inside and out.
I don’t think you insulted me in any way!
I kinda decided to maybe see what would happen if I did the reverse of what you were mentioning—all white furniture but colored walls! I’m single so really I don’t have to consider anybody else’s tastes. I might hate it on one whole wall, but I think it might be super beautiful.

You are so funny and you don’t have to choose your words carefully around me. I’m probably a lot like you, though I don’t know what your DOC is. For me it’s opiates, which are prescribed, though that number is sometimes augmented. I had a 7 year coke problem and haven’t had any blow since 2010. I’m good as long as I don’t talk to my dealer or someone doesn’t put a line in front of me.

Hello (again).

You're sweet. Thanks.

I'm "clean" except for 1 x Prozac 20mg in the morning and 1mg, sometimes 2mg, of Alprozalam every now and then. This COVID thing and the lockdowns (and one or two events of last year) started to put me in a very bad place so I figured I'd better at least give myself a chance and try do something about it i.e. from past experience I've the utmost faith in, and am supportive of, SSRIs and Benzodiazapenes. But that's about it. Don't even drink booze anymore (always been a binge drinker e.g. every two weeks or so would take some time out and enjoy myself and listen to or play music for a day or two but then eventually just got to the point where I figured the hangovers just ain't worth it anymore so gave it up as a bad job) (although not a day goes by now when I don't think to myself well what's the damn point i.e. at least then I was a happy camper! Lol!). My DOC though used to be, and will always be, Cocaine. I love (loved?) everything about it from the manufacturing process to the smell to the color to watching every documentary I could find about it etc. etc. etc. But save for one little (pathetic joke of a) rock last year: haven't been near the stuff for years and years and years. I do have an obsession with Fentanyl at the moment. Not using. I think if I'm honest: it's more the challenge of extracting freebase from the patches than anything else (I'm one of those that if told it cannot be done: I'll spend YEARS trying to prove you wrong! Lol!). But I'd be lying to you if I said that IF I get it right (to my standards and satisfaction anyway i.e. some of these extraction methods around here are bullshit or dated or both) that I'm not interested in giving it a bash for the sake of it. But I'm well aware of what curiosity did to the cat! Lol!

So yeh. That's me. Nothing spectacular at all to report insofar as drug use or abuse is concerned. But don't get me wrong: I'm not the poster child for sobriety. I just got lucky with Cocaine. Over the many years of use (slightly longer than yours) the quality just started dropping and dropping and one day I just got pissed off with what I was paying for 1% Cocaine and 99% rat poison and said "that's it: no more". And that was that. I cannot help but wonder (but do have my suspicions) how things would have turned out had I kept being able to score the absolute heavenly stuff that was around in the early '80's and when I first started with the stuff. Who knows. As I said: I think I was just lucky and not to mention that I didn't have to hit some type of "low" to change the error of my ways (matter of fact I operated very successfully while using over the years). Anyway. Cannot say it even bothers me now (and frankly I thought that this site would be a trigger even after all these years but it has not been). But then again: I've a feeling that could change very quickly and would be dependent on circumstances and who I was sharing or using with! You know. Dim lighting (or better yet black light or ultraviolet light), some few drinks like champagne, soft music, black glass table, mirror, the right company... Wait: I'm making this sound too good! Lol!. Well. If nothing else: I'm honest and not fooling myself (for what that's worth)! Lol!
Wow! I love the detailed answer! I know all about blow. It was a huge problem for me, too.
I’m curious, did you go to rehab to quit?
I, too, am intrigued by Fentanyl. How can amount of a potentially pleasurable substance much smaller than a grain of rice kill you! This fascinates me. Recently a chemistry professor here died of a Fentanyl OD and when they went to the 911 call they found enough Fentanyl to kill 1.5 million people! He also had carfentanyl and pill presses.
Anyway, you are not alone in your interests but you are ahead of me in that you’ve been able to quit all these drugs.

Back to the non-drug-addictions ;)

I'm addicted to my two cats Molly (female, 4 years old) and Mikesch (male, 2 years old). I could watch them hours hunting each other like hell, everythings flying around or falling to the floor, and then the next minute they clean each other for minutes. Sometimes I think they really kiss :D They care for each other, they clean the ears and eyes of each other, the head but Mikesch is so sweet he wants to clean her all over which she doesn't like and then they are fighthing, but always just playing to fight.

And with my ADHS it is so cool - if I am interested in anything, I fall into my hyperfocus and get an expert in what I've been interested in , i read books day and night, research the internet about that issue - it can last weeks!

At least, I'm into reading a lot, everything you can imagine... Biographies i like a lot for example. Right now I'm reading George Orwell's "1984" for the second time because i sense he was so right with what he couldn't know at that time he was writing this book.... Scary, anyhow.

JJ

Last edited:
Hello (again).

I'm surprised we've not gotten into trouble (yet) for going WAY off the topic of this thread.

APPARENTLY my non-drug addiction is sending messages to @BellaJewel.

(See what I did there i.e. we're back on topic and in the clear! Lol!).

Nope. Like I said. Just lucky. No rehab. Just said "not spending a penny (cent) more on this shit and getting ripped off blind by these lowlife dealers" and that was that. Matter of fact and if I REALLY think about it: in some really strange and odd twist it was the lowlife dealers themselves that over the years probably had me tapering off without me even realizing it! That said (and obviously only based on my personal experience): I think Cocaine addiction is more of a psychological addiction than a physical addiction. In spite of my resolve (which to my credit I stuck to): it took me a LONG time to NOT think about the stuff every single minute of every single day. And for sure I knew there were certain places and certain people that I had to go out of my way to avoid as they for sure would have served as triggers. It's not easy from that point of view. On more than one occasion I had to tell people visiting in my house that if they persist in trying to score then better they get out of my house because it ain't gonna happen anymore on my watch. Most times didn't go down too well. And needless to say: not friends with any of those so-called friends anymore either. So that's the Cocaine saga!

Isn't it odd what you've just said about Fentanyl. I have the EXACT same fascination with it. Something SO powerful in such small quantities. And of course Carfentanil. And there's another even stronger analog (the name escapes me right now). Absolutely fascinating and amazing to me. Weird huh.

I know of your issue (if you can call it that) from one of your threads. Tell you this much: alcohol is the worst and most evil drug on the planet. And yet it's legal. And I'm under no illusion i.e. every time I've made a fool of myself or made shit for myself I've been pissed. NEVER when on anything else. So for somebody to berate YOU and lay into YOU for Opiate use: well it's disgusting and a travesty (and I'm being real nice here) so you made the right decision. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And I sure wouldn't beat myself up too much about the issue that you think you have.
Hiya Dalpat!
I was able to quit coke on my own, too. I have been in situations where I could swear I smell it, and it takes me back to a place deep in my memory.
I have a microbiology degree but chemistry was never my forte. I really don’t know how different Fentanyl is from Carfentanyl except that I gather it’s worse/stronger/not for medical use?
I took care of my father, the worst alcoholic I have ever known, from the time he left my mom and came out of the closet until he committed suicide. He claimed to have done every other recreational drug known. I found that alcohol was probably the most destructive and to keep him from getting more I used to quietly sneak into the garage and unhook one part of the distributor wire in his car. Usually the guy he was seeing would figure it out and fix it but I don’t think he ever fixed this on his own. Until he got a motorcycle, this worked pretty well.

I would say gaming in my case. I can spend inordinately long periods of time playing games! Video games mostly at this point in time. I can spend days at a time playing Civilization for example. I also find the lure of competitive gaming to be quite large. I played Starcraft competitively as a youth & am looking at getting back into playing certain games more competitively. I'd avoided multi-player games over the years until recently due to my tendency to be overly competitive. I find some gaming to be much akin to gambling as in some cases the risk to reward ratio for various events ends up being basically a gamble. At the moment my game of choice is Magic: The Gathering. I'm playing on the MTG: Arena client & find it quite addictive to me. I spent a good chunk of time this week racing to Mythic for a website contest. I managed to not only succeed at being one of the first 10 to Mythic in the contest but ended up in the top 50 ladder ranks overall! Considering it was my first time trying & basically my first time hitting Mythic as well I was super surprised to have done as well as I did & am super happy about it. Totally did not expect to succeed on my first try let alone rank so high overall. :)

I really enjoy the feeling of setting my mind to something & accomplishing it. I guess I could call that an addiction to the high that comes from 'winning' or success. Other than that I am pretty bad about binge watching entertainment. Anime in particular I find myself getting hooked on & watching through. I'll throw that on the list as my wife seems to think it should be. That's another thing I spend a great amount of time on. Big fan of anime. That's the first things that pop to mind when I think of things that might qualify as "addictions" though I'm sure I have plenty more. ;)