Social What's your non drug addiction?

Studying military history . Specifically the Axis powers. I read allot also about Napolean Bonaparte. I like to listen to Hanz Zimmer -Time atleast 15 times a day sporadically. So my addiction is music and reading books when I'm not doing meth.

I was addicted 12-14 hours a day to my work researching art until drugs rendered me too retarded to write anything new, sensible or clever about it. So now it’s a toss up between BL and daytime masturbation depending on what drugs I’ve taken - interspersed with long walks with my dog. I’m trying to get addicted to the gym with limited success. Also a bit addicted to country singer Paul Cauthen which is just as inexplicable as the rest of it.

Bdsm endorphins as an s-type bottom.
(Not currently active due to some life shit with my D/T.)

And compulsive gaming so avoid MMORPGs or I'll blow my life savings.

Reading non fiction is pretty much compulsive but not enough to cause anxiety or distress with/without it.

I too am "addicted" to researching shit on the internet. Not necessarily pharmacology but pretty much anything.
Same here. Sadly that's not really going to help making a living. At times it was reading too. I was also addicted to endurance sports/activities, believe it or not. Which is not the worst thing i have to say. It's not necessarily destructive or expensive, but i takes a lot of time (and calories).

A also think there is no addiction without drugs. If you behave a certain way, your body will make them for you, that's all. Your body is the best dealer, if you can maintain a good relationship and keep it working.

I was addicted 12-14 hours a day to my work researching art until drugs rendered me too retarded to write anything new, sensible or clever about it. So now it’s a toss up between BL and daytime masturbation depending on what drugs I’ve taken - interspersed with long walks with my dog. I’m trying to get addicted to the gym with limited success. Also a bit addicted to country singer Paul Cauthen which is just as inexplicable as the rest of it.

Oh no I'm so sorry man - you'll neeed particularly heavy psychotherapy for the last issue you refer to :)

Seriously though the loss of your research ability makes me feel sad as you're clearly a bright guy with better things to do than binge fucking stims- I too have noticed some definite cognitive decline last few years which I'm definitely attributing to (past but relatively recent) stimulant use. Really hoping some neuroplasticity kicks in....

I'm addicted to eating foods that make me fat and not exercising. I started doing the opposite yesterday.

walking to my car then suddenly realizing I might not have locked my door...................................................................................

fucking panic..................... 100% of the time, yes, I locked my door

addiction? no
real shit? yes
wrong thread? absolutely

Recommend me something new. I seem sober enough to read at present.
Who do read normally? Knowing what you like will make it easier to make good recommendations. How new are looking for; just something new to you or something that has been recently released? Almost forgot to ask, do you prefer hard sci-fi or sci-fi thrillers?

Last edited:
You're like the gift that keeps on giving! And here I thought we were simply dealing with Klonopin! Lol!
😂😂😂😂

Well, MMORPGS or pay to win, I just don't touch, period. Those are an actual danger zone, much like a gambling addiction.

The BDSM stuff hasn't happened in forever so...

I am stuck indulging my escapism in reading random topics typically in the arena of, "What makes people tick".
Incredibly exciting. 🤓

I suggest this great autobiography :

Shantaram
Gregory David Roberts

Enthralling and 900+ pages.
I read Shantaram years ago. It was a rollicking read. Unfortunately after it became popular in Australia quite a few reviewers and other people went out of their way to demonstrate how much of it was likely bullshit. Still a great book though, even if he embellished his life story a bit.

• Colored markers, I probably own 700
• Panties, I think I own 500 - 600 pairs
• Bras, I probably have 80
• ViewMaster reels, I have tons and I want more
• Eating baked potatoes