Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

^yo. nice avatar. what a dreamboat.

last film i saw was Marie Antoinette on 35mm

print made a difference, especially during the queen’s hamlet scenes. snaggletooth princess. cool is an elusive deliverable. thank you, sofia.

Last night, the night before I started my binge, i saw a swedish cult movie, it was the movie on which that other movie is based, title escapes me but if I tell the storyline you probably would think Im talking about that american remake, I think called 'shrooms'...

Its about a group of friends visiting a remote location to eat shrooms, but they end up having very dark trips and some get brutally killed...
Midsommar?

Isn't there a game like that: poorly explain the plot and have others guess the movie lol.

Felt like a mish-mash of a Guy Ritchie and Quentin Tarantino film with a bit of a mystery element
Okay but this sounds awesome tho?

Although obviously Tarantino copycats can fall short (see Boondock Saints).

Watched The Black Phone again with the wife
Watching this in preparation for Halloween Horror Nights. They have a haunted house that is themed after this movie and another Blumhouse production. Good to hear it's enjoyable enough to warrant a re-watch.

Posting written reviews on Criticker now but here are the films since my last post.

Rashomon
The Long Goodbye
Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Before Sunrise
Child's Play
Prey
Windy City Heat
Reservoir Dogs
Near Dark
The Truman Show
Murder on a Sunday Morning
Last Chants for a Slow Dance
Barry Lyndon
Chronos
The Driver

I guess it sounds better than it seemed. I dunno, it was just a bit too forced for lack of a better term.

But I also enjoyed Boondock Saints lol
That's how I felt about Saints tho. Not 'cool', but trying to be cool. It's a subtle difference and some people may not care or agree that there even is a difference (in the case of that movie).

But it felt paint-by-the-Tarantino-numbers. A dash of violence here. A dash of 'stylish' there. Voila!

Did you enjoy?

I very much enjoyed it but didn't love it and wouldn't rate it as top 3 Kubrick. The film is the essence of the phrase 'every frame a painting'. Such a beautiful film. I make it no secret my favorite film length is <90 minutes, but even at 3+ hours it held my attention throughout. Perhaps it was the narration (which according to Adaptation) is lazy? Maybe I am a low IQ smoothbrain and need the plot spelled out to me but I felt the narration moved things along nicely and was a nice feature. Sure there were slow parts but the pretty pikshures made them bearable. Also I'm a dialogue slut and enjoyed how they spoke, but I like that old timey talkin' (think more Humphrey Bogart and less Leo in Romeo + Juliet.)

So yeah, some pluses and some minuses. 4.4/5

Actually better than my last viewing, action scenes are great but there’s no story in a way. It was just running away then attacking then running away.

Last edited:
Us: After watching and very much enjoying Get Out, I thought I'd try Jordan Peele's second film. It's a very different type of movie. While Get Out was genuine psychological horror, Us is more of a stylish zombie-action film. It wasn't particularly scary. In fact, the comedy elements were more accentuated and there were some laugh-out-loud moments. Almost Shawn of the Dead-ish. The music and sound design was excellent.
I really liked the ballet/fight scene near the end and the concluding twist took me by complete surprise.
I would say this was a movie with a very strong start and end while some of the middle bits dragged on. Overall, a good but not outstanding film, not as good as Get Out.

Last edited:

Love these ‘haunted school’ films. Wasn’t scary in the least bit quite good atmosphere and the cgi was spot on I thought.

Here’s the plot:
A fantasy horror movie about high school students struggling to save their friends from evil spirits that are causing strange phenomena late at night at their school. Hee Min is the heir of the greatest exorcist in Korea, who is not yet aware of his own powers. So Young is a girl who is keeping a secret about the curse that is afflicting their school.

Don't remember.must be doc.movie.Very hard to find new good movie

Been on a bit of an foreign horror fix recently so last night watched:

Even though it’s nearly 2 hours it’s one of those films that just flies in cause you’re enjoying it so much - def recommend (and yes it’s about a haunted camera of sorts lol).

3.5/5

Choices (2001)

Did you guys know that the award winning Memphis rappers in the Three 6 Mafia made a hood movie? As far as low budget hood movies go it's pretty darn good. It's better than most low budget hood movies. Some of those are pretty bad.

I love the soundtrack. I've actually heard the soundtrack on YouTube a whole lot but this is my first time watching......
Choices! (this link is the whole film)

Reactions: CFC
Cam'ron Killa season
2/5

Rapper Cameron Giles aka Cam'ron sells heroin and plays basketball.

That's the basic plot. It's pretty good considering it's another hood movie.

Here's the link

Reactions: CFC
You ever see "Bullet", starring Mickey Rourke and 2Pac?

That's my favorite hood movie starring a hip-hop star lol

man i cant even remember its off now.
going amish maybe idk
tired of the static

Have been halfway through Ambulance for three days. Been waiting for an opportunity to watch the rest of it with the missus. Such is life when you have a four year old and you want to watch an R-rated movie.

It's not bad. The cinematography is masturbatory but it suits Michael Bay's camp over-the-top (lack of) style. I like his films. I don't know why people hate on him so much. As soon as I see his name, I know what I'm in for.

If you don't want to see a Michael Bay movie, don't watch one.

Jake Gyllenhaal is more fun in Ambulance than I've seen him for ages.

There are a lot of guns. There's a lot of car crashes. The wife turned to me at one point and said it looks like they're trying to destroy as many cars as humanly possible. I told her, don't worry, they're not going to beat Blues Brothers.

I give the first half of the film a solid 6/10. It doesn't deserve any more or less than that, IMO, but I'm enjoying it more than a typical 6/10.

Nikki27 said:
Me time. With Kevin hart.

Tried watching it. Found it difficult to suspend disbelief. Wahlberg was Wahlberg. Hart was Hart. There is something missing in a lot of Netflix productions, like some kind of spark. Me Time was no exception for me. We watched about half an hour, I think. There was a funny Jackass like moment, but the rest of the film didn't work for us.

@Nikki27 - What did you think?