Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear and Loathing in Aspen (2021)

Based on a true story, this film attempts to recreate the events surrounding Hunter's campaign for sheriff of some small town out in the middle of nowhere. The guy who plays Hunter does a good job. It's a lower key, less psychedelic Hunter. We don't see him tripping balls and freaking out every three minutes. This actor, whoever he is, couldn't have done Depp's Hunter and Depp couldn't have done his.

Cheryl Hines - Cheryl David from Curb Your Enthusiasm - plays Hunter's conservative counterpart. I don't know who's dick she sucked to become a professional actor. Probably Larry. What I do know is: she couldn't act her way out of a paper cum dumpster.

The film reminds me of the college genre in America. Films like Animal House or Revenge of the Nerds... Sometimes they cut away to a nice montage with some narration from Hunter's writing and I feel it, but then it just descends back into mediocre dramatization. Hunter versus the machine. Blah, blah, blah.

I don't like Hunter that much. I read Vegas and Campaign Trail and Lono. I appreciate his uniqueness, but I disagree with his politics. I'm tired of being preached at by films and it's sad to see Hunter in that light. I'm not a huge fan. I have gravitated away from that mentality, but I respect him as an artist.

This film isn't worthy of Hunter.

I stopped it half way through.

Where the Buffalo Roam (with Bill Murray playing Hunter) is a much better film and that is really saying something.

If this was a student film, I'd give it a decent grade... but it's not.

2/10
Never heard of that movie.Gonna check it.Watch only"Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.The book too.

@Nas47

I recommend also watching: The Rum Diary, with Depp again as Hunter's protagonist.

Read: The Curse of Lono. It's a short book. Less than 100 pages, if I remember correctly. It's classic HST, though. I really enjoyed it. If I adapted one of his books into a film, it would be Lono.

There was no shortage of free liquor for the press, because all hustlers crave publicity. No occasion was too small for them to give what they called a “press party” in its honor. Each time Woolworths or the Chase Manhattan Bank opened a new branch, they celebrated with an orgy of rum . . . In a good week we would hit three parties and average three or four bottles for each half hour of painful socializing. It was a good feeling to have a stock of rum that would never run out, but after a while I could no longer stand even a few minutes at each party, and I had to give it up.

has anyone watched the new South Park thing on paramount plus? Is it any good?

has anyone watched the new South Park thing on paramount plus? Is it any good?
sure had some priceless moments, seeing them all growed up(no more spoilers) , trippy , tried to cheer other half with it and she thought it was dumb, but she really never watch much south park i think its def a must see for fans

Bruised, barry was amazing, a tear jerker at the end, also theres a scene , oh shit, i wont spoil it, i thought pretty highly of film, but i love MMA

Last edited:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) - 5 Stars - One of my favourite movies. Must have seen it 50 times.

TQ's

Frank N Furter: It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Frank N Furter: You'll find that when the mood takes me, I can be quite generous
Magenta: I ask for nothing, Master
Frank N Furter: And you shall receive it. IN ABUNDANCE!

Leon: The Professional (1994)

One of Luc Besson's earlier works, I found this movie to bring up conflicting feelings; on one hand, I enjoyed the soundtrack, cinematography, the silly action plot; on the other, the silly plot was hard to stomach, the weird sexualization of a young Natalie Portman (perhaps this was social commentary and I missed it?) was a bit unsettling, and in the end, it just wasn't that good of a film. The acting was great, it was done well... I just didn't like the plot I guess. Gary Oldman's character was so... overacted. This was probably the worst job I've seen from him yet. The weird pill crunch thing he does? What even is that pill?! How'd a guy like him and his buddies end up working for the frickin' DEA?!

So yeah, I guess the plot was just a bit too out there for me. Otherwise a charming, cute action flick.

6.5/10

Plankface, erm umm well, thought many things, but mostly i was just blown away, i thought it was going to be run of the mill horror flick, but far from it, im going to go sit on the shower floor and cry now

Haha, had this on my list for a while now. Placed pretty high, actually, although I don't remember why. I assume it's either a) gay b) extreme c) really fucked up or d) all of the above

Haha, had this on my list for a while now. Placed pretty high, actually, although I don't remember why. I assume it's either a) gay b) extreme c) really fucked up or d) all of the above
really really really for reals fucked up, at first it seems a total B movie(it is) but like a horrific car crash i could not look away

Encanto (5/10)

The multicultural aspect feels very forced. Songs were worse than Frozen and I don't think Frozen had any good songs.

It was a weirdly dark film. A lot of joy, really, but a lot of sadness too.

I don't know.

It's okay.

YJDKKtp.jpg

definitely has that retro 80s vibe to it.
Like holy shit, I am going to show this movie to my kids and say that this was the 80s.

(The Warriors is on Hulu if you care to watch it).

Status
Not open for further replies.