Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick (1978 ) - 4 Stars - For some reason I thought this was an Italian giallo (possibly because the "sequel" is), but it's actually Australian. I was a little disappointed since the tagline is "Patrick is a coma...but he's still killing" and VERY few people are killed. It had a couple of interesting matters and a couple funny moments. Overall, I enjoyed it and it kept my interest.

Patrick Vive Ancora (AKA Patrick Still Lives) - 4 stars - Italian "sequel" to the above move, which is more like a loose remake. This is possibly the sleaziest giallo I have ever seen (with the exception of Giallo a Venizia). Boobies are on the screen for maybe 60% of the run time for increasingly ridiculous reasons. Lot's of full-frontal female nudity (including a woman being VERY graphically impaled through the vagina with a fire-poker) and some male full-frontal nudity. A lot more gory than the first movie, with some kill being lame and some cool. Lacks any likeable or interesting characters like the first movie, but also has way better kills so overall I'd rate them about the same.

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970) - 4 stars - Dario Argento's debut movie! This is the first of his very early works I have seen and went into expecting his usual gore, but the kills in this movie are actually pretty tame. However, it had a good story and a good atmosphere and I enjoyed it quite a lot.
After an man rescues a would-be murder victim whom the police think to be the latest victim a series of murders - all with seemingly unrelated victims - he decides to investigate, causing the killer to begin targeting him and his girlfriend.

Train to Busan

Wasnt too bad but im kinda bored of zombie stuff now i didnt know it was a zombie film it was just recommended to me

Train to Busan

Wasnt too bad but im kinda bored of zombie stuff now i didnt know it was a zombie film it was just recommended to me

I've been very over zombie movies for a while now (those and "found footage" movies and vampire movies....I feel like the three sub-genres REALLY oversaturated the market over the last couple decades) but I did enjoy Train to Busan.

Old - 7/10 - the latest brainbender from shyamlamadingdong. Kept me guessing all the way through, some good effects, a semi-decent payoff, nothing ground breaking but entertaining enough.

Yeah, Shayamalan is very hitty-missy, but I really enjoyed Old. The twist was just-okay, but the movie itself was decent. I think my favourite twist of his is still The Sixth Sense where at the end it turned out I'd been dead inside the whole time.

Tenebrae (1982) - 3.5 Stars - Another good giallo from Dario Argento. A little slow and with somewhat tamer deaths for my preference, but the last 15 minutes or so really makes up for both of those things.

Profondo Rosso (AKA Deep Red) (1975) - 4 stars - Probably one of the better of the giallo movies I have seen recently. Often giallo movies just don't have enough kills to satisfy me (I guess I've been spoiled by slashers for too long), but with this one I really didn't mind due to the kills we did have all being pretty spectacular.
After witnessing the brutal murder of a psychic, our protagonist (I'm terrible with names...I wanna say, David? But I may have pulled that out of my ass) teams up with a sassy journalist to find out whodunnit.
Serious recommendation here: Watch the Italian version with English subs. All English-dubbed versions are significantly shorter (around 100 mins, where the Italian version is 127) as they leave out all the comical scenes, an entire subplot and most of the more graphic violence).

The New York Ripper (1982) - 4 Quacks - I actually feel a little bad admitting I enjoyed this one as it is very bluntly misogynistic (despite many slasher and giallo movies having been labeled so over the years, this and Giallo a Venezia the only two where I would say definitely ARE misogynistic in a completely undeniable way).
A murderer who quacks and talks like a duck is stalking and killing random beautiful women around New York City. The kills in this one are particularly brutal. In fact, in some places (Germany, the UK, New Zealand), the infamous murder with the razor blade is STILL edited on all releases.
This is a very mean-spirited movie, but still a really good murder-mystery slasher/giallo.

Last edited:
A repeat viewing of The Fall (2006). Visually stunning. The cinematography and art direction are top-notch. It’s a sweet fantasy epic. A wonderful small mess.

Notable: Lee Pace

Profondo Rosso (AKA Deep Red) (1975) - 4 stars - Probably one of the better of the giallo movies I have seen recently. Often giallo movies just don't have enough kills to satisfy me (I guess I've been spoiled by slashers for too long), but with this one I really didn't mind due to the kills we did have all being pretty spectacular.
Oh man I liked Deep Red, I agree, one of the better giallo flicks. I saw the dubbed version on Amazon though, they didn't offer any other language options.

After witnessing the brutal murder of a psychic, our protagonist (I'm terrible with names...I wanna say, David? But I may have pulled that out of my ass) teams up with a sassy journalist to find out whodunnit.
Serious recommendation here: Watch the Italian version with English subs. All English-dubbed versions are significantly shorter (around 100 mins, where the Italian version is 127) as they leave out all the comical scenes, an entire subplot and most of the more graphic violence).

The New York Ripper (1982) - 4 Quacks - I actually feel a little bad admitting I enjoyed this one as it is very bluntly misogynistic (despite many slasher and giallo movies having been labeled so over the years, this and Giallo a Venezia the only two where I would say definitely ARE misogynistic in a completely undeniable way).
A murderer who quacks and talks like a duck is stalking and killing random beautiful women around New York City. The kills in this one are particularly brutal. In fact, in some places (Germany, the UK, New Zealand), the infamous murder with the razor blade is STILL edited on all releases.
This is a very mean-spirited movie, but still a really good murder-mystery slasher/giallo.
Quack quack quack quack quack!!!!

i saw 'no time to die' (in the theatre which was great). sadly, i was disappointed.

alasdair

Attack of the Cockface Killer (2002) - 4 big black dildo's - Omg this was brilliant lol. It's basically 82 minutes of characters either having sex or masturbating (all very graphic with lots of full frontal nudity from both sexes) followed by the killer (named so because he has a cock on his chin) graphically murdering them (sometimes with a huge dildo). The budget and and production values are absolutely zero. Honestly, I'm not one to enjoy "so bad it's good" movies, but this has to be seen! It is intentionally funny, though (I hope). Now go watch this while I check out the sequel, Goregasm.

Torso (1973) - 3.5 stars - I don't like when the killer kills every victim the same way (especially something as boring as strangulation) but there were long, suspenseful scenes towards the end and at least the killer mutilated the bodies after death.

Dune.Its not like a book,but was ok
How would you compare it to Lynch's 1984 adaptation?

Wife and I are debating seeing it tonight. I finished the book a year ago, I'm curious to see how badly Dennis mucked this one up like he did Blade Runner 2094 🤔

I dont remember adaption of 1984.Even not remember that Lynch is producer.But Lynch is great yes.Rarely can find a movie adaption that can beat the book.When i was reading 1984 was feel strange.Being from postcomunistic country all this sounds me very familiar

Dune... Incredible movie, incredible... :love:

There already was a film directed by nonelse that David Lynch and an all litterary saga i heard though no?

I dont remember adaption of 1984.Even not remember that Lynch is producer.But Lynch is great yes.Rarely can find a movie adaption that can beat the book.When i was reading 1984 was feel strange.Being from postcomunistic country all this sounds me very familiar
I'm talking about Dune (1984). I should have been more clear. He directed it.

Should have said, "Lynch's adaptation of Dune from 1984."

Never watch Lynch movie Dune.Thought about some adaption of Orwells book 1984.

Last movie I payed to watch was F9(fast n furious) and it was absolutely terrible, don’t get me wrong the SFX were incredible but the story/writing was pretty bad, IMO best part was how insanely smoking hot Nathalie Emmanuel is

Status
Not open for further replies.