Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rise of Skywalker

Wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected; plot wise, it was meh, and derivative as fuck, though it had a surprise twist or two. Acting wise, I was stunned by Adam Driver for once, as well as well as some of the others.

I’d say, of the new trilogy, episode 9 has been the best; mind you, that comes from someone who has been completely disappointed by the new trilogy. So I feel like it bears some weight for me to say that episode 9 is watchable and even enjoyable, with a lot of little Easter eggs thrown in for fans. Though again, a great deal of liberties were taken that I felt never would have existed under the original vision of Lucas.

Anyways, it ended well, and wrapped things up with a tight knot this time. I doubt we’ll see yet another rehash of this trilogy in the next decade. I feel the next one might actually start afresh finally, and there’s plenty of lore to pull from.

7/10

Last edited:
It’s not gory or anything; the most graphic thing is are two pictures, and they aren’t that bad.
It’s about a trial, and all the “bad stuff” is not on camera, it’s just described. And it’s more about Matthew McConaughey’s character than anything else.
There’s not a lot of tense moments, much less scary.
It’s not an intense watch, imo. If you like the actors, I think you’ll like the movie.

I watched Lincoln Lawyer the other night. I love Ryan Phillippe, but loathed him in the role. Even his looks couldn't save him. He was such a low down POS. You wanted him to get exactly what he deserved in the end. Matthew was a sleek lawyer, kind of a dick himself, but I was rooting for him to win over Ryan Phillippe. Good watch! I loved how country singer Trace Adkins was in the motorcycle gang and played Eddie. That was the perfect role for him. He was funny too.

I watched Lincoln Lawyer the other night.
Great! I enjoyed it, and hope you did too.
I love Ryan Phillippe, but loathed him in the role. Even his looks couldn't save him. He was such a low down POS. You wanted him to get exactly what he deserved in the end.

Exactly! Regarding McConaughey, he’s got that sleazy lawyer vibe down.

I thought Marisa Tomei was really good, and underused in the film.

Good watch! I loved how country singer Trace Adkins was in the motorcycle club and played Eddie. That was the perfect role for him.

I’m so happy you saw it!

'Before the Dawn' is an indie film that came out this year. It's the most excellent film I've seen in quite a while. If you have Amazon, watch it! It's about a female high school teacher who moves to a new town for a fresh start. She ended up falling in love with a trouble student. You can see how it happened. He was sexy, he was a smart ass and had swagger. She did not give in right away. There was plenty of build up. It was very romantic, but shit hit the fan. Watch it if you can! The acting was well done and it was brilliant. I cried my eyes out at the the end.

You can watch it on Tubi for free if you don't have Amazon.

I don't remember honestly. Some of the last were jojo rabbit, which was cute, funny, sad and racist, it was ok.
New star wars, uh, lol, wow, pew pew
A beautiful day in the neighborhood, tbh, I fell asleep, mr rogers talks so slooow. And who the fuck is lloyd?

Why did you have to ruin tom hanks for me c2c? :(

I don't remember honestly. Some of the last were jojo rabbit, which was cute, funny, sad and racist, it was ok.
New star wars, uh, lol, wow, pew pew
A beautiful day in the neighborhood, tbh, I fell asleep, mr rogers talks so slooow. And who the fuck is lloyd?

Why did you have to ruin tom hanks for me c2c? :(

I just saw this, next time tag my name so I can know you're talking to me.
I deleted the posts about Hanks I thought, but he's not a good guy. I'm sorry, he has every one fooled though.

I'm currently watching 'The Fourth Kind', I might get some new insight. Plus Milla Jovovich is hawt, hard to turn the channel.

Richard Jewell

Just wasn't enough content for the running length IMO. Feels more like a cautionary historical anecdote/footnote than anything else. They would've been better condensing into one segment of "Drunk History"

No, unfortunately not

It's a good one. One of my favorite films ever. I'd highly recommend it. It's like an hour and a half long zen moment. My buddies and I saw it three times in a week in theaters when it came out, we loved it so much.

All good choices from what I see.

Last couple of films were Juanmi 2017, 1/2 of Jumanji 2019 and a shit ton of movies from Shudder. Trying to binge watch all 139 episodes of The Walking Dead before the 2nd half of the season starts. Have rented Anonymous Zombie for tonight (horror comedy about people in rehab trying to escape zombies but still do drugs- I think).

Tom

Spirits do not enter people...
Also how does the film play out his death if he hangs in the film and OD'd in real life?
Possessed by what anyway? The Joker is a fictional character.
Heath died from pushing that fine line of moderate Respiratory suppression to RedLine Death via mixing benzo's with opiates at high dosages after being sleep deprived for months. He portrayed that role much larger than Life with his amazing method acting to constantly stay in character 24/7.

Let's move on now!!

Agreed! I hate the way Disney's buying these company's and franchises. Ruining them.
Agree! Disney has that Fecal touch. Everything they touch turns to Shit eventually. Be it marvel, Lucas films, Making it difficult for 4k film transfers to be had for a decent price, Fucking up Deadpool's edgy uniqueness etc...

I watched "Knives out" last week and it was Meh Ok. Was a pretty Generic " who done it" Murder mystery flick which was very predictable that took a paint by numbers approach.
I was hoping for a more in-depth portrayal of Chris Evans' Character to see if he's got the chops to go a full 180 from his Captain america roles. He did not. I'm sure some of that was due to the writing, directing and not enough time to delve into any character arc's of any one single family member. So there's that.

I don't want to sound overly critical seeing how the dude is Smokin Hot ! but it seems in the few roles other than 2014 Cap USA he only has his looks to thank for his success.
Good performances by Michael Shannon, Daniel Craig, Jamie lee Curtis, Don Johnson,Christopher Plummer and Toni Collete.

Serious fact: What two things do The Pope and Walt Disney have in common?
1) Paedophlia
2) Both are/were Nazi Sympathizers

That's not a joke. It's just true.

So that explains why the Disney company is carrying that legacy out basically. The child stars are used for sex and tortured so they can be mind-controlled. Disney movies are used for mind control while they are young. The whole thing is very sick and twisted.

Britney Spears was on the Mickey Mouse Club...Just using her as an example, but this is the case for most entertainers.
It explains her breakdown when she shaved her head..her mind-control programming was breaking down. Close to the age of 30 years old, they start to remember things they were programmed to forget. They remember the torture and sexual abuse. When they go to rehab or the hospital, that's usually code for them getting their mind reprogrammed again. The people responsible for this will burn.

This is a sculpture someone made of Amy Winehouse before she died, notice the Mouse ears next to her dead sculpture...it's a throwback to Disney and being mind-controlled.

Amy did not want to join "the club" so she was killed. There's an interview of her saying "They tried to mold me into a pyramid shape (Illuminati) and I said 'NOOOOOOO!!'" When she saw this sculpture, she knew they had it out for her. Poor Amy.

036DE2FA-72C8-4331-8CBB-13D64AE54339.jpeg

Oh and when Amy sings "They tried to make me go to rehab. I said "No. No. No."

It could be she's referring to them trying to reprogram her mind and get her in line with their agenda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.