What's the deal with these seized pkg customs letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkyrhino

Ex-Bluelighter
OK, my friend gets benzos on the net for cheap but they are from Peru... He's gotten caught by customs 3 times and got that stupid letter
'we seized your pkg blah blah blah" and that stupid pphotocopy of a snake saying ordering from overseas is bad and if he gets caught again he can be fined or prosecuted ... yet he still orders these things from overseas and he keeps geting them... the last letter was about 3 months ago, but most of the time the pkgs come through.

How many times until they do something... he just laughs them off and throws them away and gets the order reshipped... anybody ever got one of these letters or multiple letters? More than 3 times???

There is no answer to this question. The fact is, they may choose to prosecute at any time, but the decision is up to them, and is probably arbitrarily made.

I have recieved six of those letters...nothing has happened yet...*knocks on wood*

-Brian

gee folks, usually at ONE letter you should smarten the phuck up... 6!?!?!? Jeesus christ I hope those are all to different addresses registered under different names at least, otherwise, you gotta be one of the most ignorant and stupid people ive seen, take a hint, they flag addresses, both receiver and SENDER addresses!!

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
gee folks, usually at ONE letter you should smarten the phuck up... 6!?!?!? Jeesus christ I hope those are all to different addresses registered under different names at least, otherwise, you gotta be one of the most ignorant and stupid people ive seen, take a hint, they flag addresses, both receiver and SENDER addresses!!

well just got another pkg today .. made it through customs... I wonder how the hell they usually make it but sometimes get seized.

Sure it's awesome now, but how are you going to feel when its too late though?

Tranced said:

has anyone heard of anyone being prosecuted for ordering benzos overseas?

anyway this should be the last batch .. Time to seriously taper down and quit... They don't even do much anyore.. not at all like they used too.

has anyone heard of anyone being prosecuted for ordering benzos overseas?

Those people are whisked away in the night, and never heard from again.

Seriously though, I wouldn't know. It's an impersonal business deal so that may attribute to why no one has heard of this happening to anyone.

it will all depend on what and how much he is ordering----they dont give a crap about 30 or 50 pills....but 500?

vitaminerk said:
it will all depend on what and how much he is ordering----they dont give a crap about 30 or 50 pills....but 500?

Would 500 .5mg Xanax be all that much? That could easily be a 3 month supply for someone.

^ yes, that is more than enough. think about it this way - customs will only bother with large amounts of pills because they don't care so much about personal usage but when the number of pills is so great that it's almost obvious the person is going to sell them - that's when you get unwanted customs attention.

Funkyrhino said:
Would 500 .5mg Xanax be all that much? That could easily be a 3 month supply for someone.

yeah, maybe for Keith Richards. i agree that this might be enough to attract unwanted attention.

Funkyrhino said:

The "three month supply" rule only applies to people physically importing drugs on their persons when travelling back into the US. It does not apply to mail shipments, which require a DEA license for controlled substances. Many "international online pharmacies" quote this on their websites - they are misleading their customers. Regardless of whether you may or may not be prosecuted, it is illegal to import controlled substances into the US, even if one has a prescription.

From an online-phamacy discussion board:
Is it Legal to Buy Controlled Substances From Foreign Internet Sites and
Have Them Shipped to the U.S.?

No, having controlled substances shipped to the U.S. is illegal unless you
are registered with DEA as an importer and you are in compliance with 21
U.S.C. 952, 953, and 954 and 21 CFR part 1312. Some foreign Internet
sites claim they can legally sell these controlled substances; other sites,
knowing that such shipments are illegal, advise consumers of ways to
avoid having the packages seized by U.S. Customs. The Controlled
Substances Act prohibits any person from importing into the customs
territory of the U.S. any controlled
substance or List I chemical (21 U.S.C. 971 and 21 CFR part 1313) unless
that person maintains a valid, current authorization to import such
substances or chemicals (21 U.S.C. 957(a)). DEA regulations further state:

"No person shall import or cause to be imported any controlled substance
* * * unless and until such person is properly registered under the Act (or
exempt from registration) and the Administrator has issued him a permit
to do so pursuant to Sec. 1312.13. * * *" (21 CFR 1312.11(a))

Illegal importation of controlled substances is a felony that may result in
imprisonment and fines (21 U.S.C. 960).

The CSA Provides a Personal Use Exemption for Controlled Substances
Purchased Abroad. Does the Exemption Apply to Controlled Substances
Bought from a Foreign Internet Site?

The Controlled Substances Act and DEA regulations allow you a personal
use exemption to bring a limited quantity of controlled substances into
the U.S. for your use only when you bring the controlled substances
across the U.S. border in your possession (21 U.S.C. 956, 21 CFR
1301.26). It does not apply to controlled substances being shipped into
the U.S. Purchasing controlled substances on the Internet and having
them shipped to you in the U.S. is not permitted by the personal use
exemption. Such purchases and shipments would be considered "imports"
of the controlled substance even if the substance is for your personal use.
Unless you are registered as an importer and in compliance with the
requirements, such shipments are illegal and subject to seizure.

Does it Make a Difference if I Have a Prescription from a U.S. Doctor for
Controlled Substances That I Buy From a Foreign Internet Site?

No, the law remains the same. Unless you are registered with DEA as an
importer and are in compliance with DEA's requirements, you may not
have controlled substances shipped to you in the U.S. from another
country.

just wondering would this perhaps be the concequence of ordering say tma2 from an over seas supplier? or something like that?

AxL BLaZe said:
^ yes, that is more than enough. think about it this way - customs will only bother with large amounts of pills because they don't care so much about personal usage but when the number of pills is so great that it's almost obvious the person is going to sell them - that's when you get unwanted customs attention.

whew! i'm lucky that one made it through ... the only one's they've gotten were like 90 pills...

Banquo said:
yeah, maybe for Keith Richards. i agree that this might be enough to attract unwanted attention.

isn't 3mg of xanax a day a pretty normal prescription?

500 .5mg Xanax 6 a day = 3mg

6x90 is way over 500!

Yes, what happens if you order some analogue, like say DOC from an oversees supplier and then it never makes it to your mailbox. What are the chances that somehow police will come to your house and arrest you?

and also will they send the customs letter to the address on the package that they sieze ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.