• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's the best way to prepare kratom?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
I bought Kratom from a tabacco store once and felt no effect from it. Now I'm trying again from an online vendor that specializes in kratom. I'm hoping the experience will be better this time. Everyone talks about making "tea" from the kratom but no one explains how to do that. Will mixing the powder in hot water work?

Anyways, how do you prepare your kratom for consumption?

Also, does kratom usually smell like green tea? Because that's exactly what it smells like and I'm afraid I got ripped off.

Ive been addicted to kratom for the past 9 months (30 grams a day) and the absolute best way to take it is on an empty stomach mixed with like 5-7 oz of water mix it with even less if your taking less than 10 grams just dump the kratom in the water and stir untill all the kratom is completely saturated and drink it down i chase it with grapefruit juice because kratom taste like shit and grapefruit juice potentiates the effects of the kratom

basically i take a teaspoon and dump it in my mouth, drink it down with some water, then the same with another teaspoon..its that easy, it doesnt taste nasty like some people think..it just tastes like an herb...wash it down with water and wait about 15 minutes and there ya go..

1) Measure you dose
2) Put it in a glass
3) Add water or your juice of choice (about 1/4 of the glass)
4) Stir, then stir a little more
5) Drink it all
6) Eat something sweet, just to cover the taste
7) Enjoy

Add to a milkshake. Covers the taste and could possibly up bioavailability but I'm not sure about the relevant chem/pk of the alkaloids. Tastiest way to consume it though IME.

If you want harder hitting but shorter effects make tea. Slow boil powdered kratom leaf in a double boiler for 30-40 min, try to used filtered water if possible and add 1 part lemon/lime juice to every 15 parts of water. When you filter the solution (I use coffee filters) try to do so as quickly as possible, kratom alkaloids aren't very water soluble and may fall out of solution and into the filter if allowed to cool. The tea should come on in full effect within 20 minutes on an empty stomach.

Alternatively you can just dump the plain kratom powder to the back of your throat and swallow with plenty of water. Be sure to take a deep breath in BEFORE you put the kratom powder in your mouth because if that shit is fine enough you'll just inhale a bunch of dry powder. This method might be a little harder for someone who is new to kratom and may cause gagging. Taking kratom in this way will cause it to slowly come on within 45 min to an hour and it will last about an hour longer than the tea.

Last edited:
in my experience you'll get a way stronger effect if you actually swallow the powder plant matter. if you filter it out and just drink the filtered kratom tea water youll be missing out on a bunch of active alkaloids still left in the plant matter. It seems like a waste of money to me the only upside to it is that you don't have to taste the nasty chalky like kratom go down your throat

mix it in with yoghurt and gobble it down, then drink something nice to get rid of the taste.

ive also blended it with milk and honey which doesnt taste too bad actually if you make it sweet enough.

yes, it smells exactly like green tea. bitter as fuck too.

i dunno the best way, but i can say mixing it (powder) with chocolate pudding was awful, and so was putting 50g in a coffee filter and brewing it like coffee (too much water). I didnt feel anything either time i did it either. IF I ever do it again I'll get like 100x extract and forego the bulk or powder or liquid.

Mixing it in orange juice works good and masks the flavor decently.

My most used method is vegetable juice not only does it mask the flavor really well but being so thick it also masks the grittiness.

I also use "000" capsules, I can pack a tablespoon in about 9 of them.

Mixing it in orange juice works good and masks the flavor decently.

^This. I almost like the taste, you just have to be sure to shake it hard. When people at work ask me what that nasty looking shit is I'm drinking I just refer to it as my "jungle juice".

Last edited:
^This. I almost like the taste, you just have to be sure to shake it hard. When people at work ask me what that nasty looking shit is I'm drinking I just refer to it as my "jungle juice".

One way to get around shaking hard is to use enough hot water to cover the kratom, stir, then add your juice of choice. In hot water it stirs in pretty much instantly.

Orange juice, just dump ur kratom in a little sunny d bottle, add juice, put the cap on and shake the shit outta it. Tastes like shit but you can get it down pretty easy.
Empty stomach is a must. Good luck with that shit, I never had much luck with it myself...

I always hear people saying that you barely feeling the effects if you take kratom after a meal but for me this is not the case. I used to starve myself during the day if I knew I was going to score some oxy/hydrocodone in the evening but I can take kratom on a full stomach(say 3 slices of pizza) and still feel the same as I would if I took it on an empty stomach. Weird.

Toss and wash (if youre experienced and have gotten over the taste)
Parachute
Put some in your coffee maker with your coffee while brewing

**Also very important to always take on empty stomach for best effects and so you do not get sick. I usu dose once in morning and good for rest of day!

Last edited:
Chocolate milk masks the taste completely. Milk does a pretty good job too. Just put the powder into a bottle, add the chocolate milk, shake like hell, drink.

I've never tried it since I already use V8 but the thought of kratom mixed in milk almost makes me sick just imagining it lol.