• Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

whats the best kind of martial arts?

NHBfighter said:
also teaches you to get choked out by "judo players"
lol
don't flame
best is to learn a bit from everything and mix them to MMA and be the best. :D

But my picks...

Hapkido teaches how to direct opponents energy to other way , without feeling it at all, like passing it away from you. It is a very big thing when considering ones fitness level.

Jiu-jutsu or Grazie Jiu-Jutsu have excellent guard and locks and armbars.

For striking Muay Thai...

Madmike said:
lol
don't flame
best is to learn a bit from everything and mix them to MMA and be the best. :D

8) right, take your group hug post back to the swimmer threads

NHBfighter said:
also teaches you to get choked out by "judo players"

A judo player wouldn`t get anywhere near someone with a dan grade in Aikido;)

tripletaptothechestwithninemmhydrashok-fu is the best martial art...it enables a 90lb nerd to drop 350lb UFC meathead every time. :p

IMHO, focus on weapons training. There will always be someone bigger and stronger and faster and more skilled then you at un-armed, but if you blow his hepatic portal and femoral apart while he's still 15 feet off you and talking trash, he aint going to do shit.

That's very true, it takes a certain type of person for that too though. I for example am not that kind of person. While I would love to be able to walk around anywhere knowing that I could destroy anyone I meet, I just don't have the passion that some do for martial arts. That I think is what the op really needs to figure out first cause to me traveling to china seems a bit crazy for someone so new to MA. Especially someone looking to study any kung fu because of their emphasis on the art part of it. The internal aspect I'm sure will be a surprise, that said I hope he enjoys it.